Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews for Service Manager

Learnt a lot about working with different people and meeting people from all walks of lives. Well traveled around the world giving me great exposures to about lives, food, history, arts, music, culture and people...
Pros
Fun and relaxed life style.
Cons
Facing jetlag and odd hours of sleep.
A typical day at work is always looking forward to spreading my wings to interesting ports we fly our passengers. Cathay Pacific Airways molded me. I learned so much from my mistakes and made me a better person. We were a happy family with our management. We shared our knowledge together and tried to apply at work. Again with co-workers we are one big happy family. We come from different walks of life yet we were able to work together as a team. We respect one another and here I gained many friends who respects me so much. The hardest part of the job is when problems occur at the same time yet still manageable as long as you know what you are doing and know how to prioritize the challenges you face, any problem can easily be resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are outport with colleagues, having lunch and dinner or even breakfast together or shopping and sightseeing. Attending parties with management is also one thing to enjoy.
Pros
We are paid our outport meal allowances, by the company. A hotel staff hands it to us during check in.
Cons
There is a retirement age and it's very sad to leave.
There is no stability I started at this post very young. The training was the best in the world in the 1980's Things changed for the worse over the years.
Pros
the medical benefits
Cons
lack stability
Great company to work with and do take good care of their employees. Motivated employees to give their best and gave several leadership training and self development programs
Pros
Free traveling
Cons
Jet lag
Work starts with smiles and happy greetings with colleagues. Learned to be very focused and diciplined. Very professional and always a happy and fun environment. My co-workers are all the same looking forward to a great flight and safe flight. Hardest is when flights are delayed for hours but it seldom happens and when it does the team works together to make it easier for passengers. The most enjoyable is when everyone is seen with happy faces which always and you as a leader iniates the mood in the aircraft no matter how full the flight is and at the end of the flight we have meals together in a restaurant for a relaxing evening.
Pros
A lot f great happy faces which makes the work easier
Cons
Sometimes when there are long delays too tiringspecially when jet lagged
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cathay Pacific?