Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Job Security & Advancement reviews

Multicultural, learning, well paid with good career prospects. Only in a downfall due to covid28yrs best of my lifr career, family atmosphere at HKIA. P-Fund.. 👍👍
Pros
Roster /meal/overnite allowances
The best job and company to work for. Like family atmosphere . Very rewarding career . Everyday at work is different. You get to meet different people and go to different places.
Pros
Travel, allowances
Cons
Away from home
Cathay Pacific Airways is a professional company with many learning opportunities and talented people working there. I enjoyed being a flight purser, they provided us flexibility life working style, given me lots of opportunities to meet people in different nationalities, it a advanced customer service job. I’m sure it would be benefit to my future job career.
Pros
Good interpersonal Skill, Excellent Customer Service, Great Teamwork Spirit, International perspective
Cons
Jet lag and Insomnia
Everyone at the company are friendly, supportive and willing to share their knowledge to accomplish goals together. Also it would be a diverse environment where you could frequently communicate with aviation experts from all over the network.
Pros
airtickets
Great experience to work with multinational set of crew world wide give you an opportunity to gain more knowledge and understand of different cultures and life style
Working for CX 36 years since in Kai Tak , all my past experience n bring me a lot of good memories, especially with all my working partners n customers. I learnt a lot regarding the personal skill n how to deal with people n problems . So I have no regret to work for CX .
culture in cathay pacific might be difficult to adapt. Very strict on seniority. otherwise company very good to employee. From pay to benefits are top notch.
For this day age this company is the best situation I can have. It is nearby and the benefits are tremendously generous. The salary may be a bit low on the payscale but so far it is a very stable company to work for.
Great working environment and culture. They provide excellent training for safety as well as customer service It was a great experience as I get to learn more about different cultures, nationalities, and I was able to visit many places for the first time.
Solid airline where the money is good and you can have time off. Gives you ability to travel and see different places. Fairly inflexible in terms of fleet assignment.
low Salary slow job promotion everything is cutting and lack of sense of belongings as you work longer there among flight attendants colleague is good but management people keep changing.
Pros
lifestyle and traveling
Cons
low salary and some people at office are old school especially Inflight Services Department
A friendly place to work with. As management, the hardest part is to maintain current standard and ti continuously seek for improvement, just as to be competitive in the industry.
big company, good perks, good benefits management try to work around rules when can't just try to play dumb dog eat dog culture and management likes to see it
Good work life balance. Excellent facilities such as great cafeteria, gym, restos, bar. Good medical benefits. Get to work with colleagues with loads of experience.
鬼佬總廚話曬事,中菜總廚霸住位唔退休,不作為,各部門主管各壞鬼胎,部門內員工流失大,老員工雞毛當令箭,以下員工不服,搞埋堆。搞到部門運作好混亂,爭斗多過做嘢。
Fun and steep learning curve. Everyone wants to grow, not only as a company but also as individuals - creates for a passionate culture. However, being a large company there was a lot of complexity to simple tasks, and a lot of red tape.
Cathay Pacific embraces diversity and are keen to recruit the best talents who has a strong passion in aviation and travel. Talents are expected to thrive and add value to the company with their expertise independently and jointly with other talents. Cathay Pacific has an embracing culture, it provides all staff a safe and protected environment to work in with abundant job security.
Pros
embracing culture, work life balance
Cons
weak talent acquisition and reward strategy, non performance based reward systems
My contract employment at Cathay Pacific will end in November 2018 and I wish to pursue further with my career in aircraft/maintenance engineering. I consider myself as a high calibre engineering professional with strong aviation engineering general knowledge, and business understanding in engineering and maintenance, and would be a great asset to an Aviation firm. My priorities would be focusing on efficient Operation by maintaining high quality and standards ensuring safe, compliant and reliable aircraft, successful Deliverables and Projects by executing and finishing action plans decisively with priorities, and becoming one of the World Leaders through Technical Excellence. My strategic fundamentals are to ensure all team members are clear and aligned on company goals, and are committed to delivery. I believe in an open and honest communications along staffs, leading by example, and demonstrating through actions with passion and integrity.
Workplace Culture - Top down from management. New technology uplift LEAN to reduce waste Management - too many in and out The most enjoyable of the job is frequent travel
my job is excellent and wonderful and my dream job. my company is a great employer . i enjoy my job and travel around the world. meet different people.
Pros
travel benefit
Nice place to work with and work life balance. Good benefit and difference races of people are working in the company. with canteen insides the company make people no need to go out.
  1. Job Security & Advancement