Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Management reviews

A friendly place to work with. As management, the hardest part is to maintain current standard and ti continuously seek for improvement, just as to be competitive in the industry.
在國泰航空裏仼職機艙服務員很講求團隊合作,因此良好溝通技巧非常重要。否則容易產生誤會,影響工作效率。
我希望他們可以增加員工的福利,例如薪酬與工作量不成比例。因為工作時的分配量不成比例,有些人一整天不用工作在standby,有些人要一直工作。
Pros
彈性上班時間
Cons
經常要背其他地方的入境簽證
*Requires patience in dealing with unexpected issues that may arise onboard and on ground *Work - Life balance is well kept *Management is efficient in assisting personnel *The brain gets idle on the long run. Travelling is enjoyable at the first few years. As time passes, you will seek a much more stimulating, challenging and intellectually engaging occupation.
- three meeting everyday. - prolong meeting and discussion that you may have time to exercise what right to do. - senior management wish to propel and improve the company operation,however, due to inexperience staff, action taken before a comprehensive strategy studied.
Poor communication between management and employee. Cutting cost in sacrifice of employee's well-being. Poor working culture as steep gradient from manager to subordinates.
Interesting work. Able to meet people with different cultures. Sad to say that management is bad. They only think about cutting costs which make the working environment worse.
low Salary slow job promotion everything is cutting and lack of sense of belongings as you work longer there among flight attendants colleague is good but management people keep changing.
Pros
lifestyle and traveling
Cons
low salary and some people at office are old school especially Inflight Services Department
都係睇老闆做人啦,彈性上班既野,睇下你跟個咩老闆啦,公司講一套,你老闆唔跟都冇辦法。。。。。。。。。
Cons
壓力大
Good work-life balance and decent culture. Upper management is rotated into and out of some departments quite frequently though. It is not an easy task for them to adapt to the specific culture of that department while handling job responsibilities.
big company, good perks, good benefits management try to work around rules when can't just try to play dumb dog eat dog culture and management likes to see it
鬼佬總廚話曬事,中菜總廚霸住位唔退休,不作為,各部門主管各壞鬼胎,部門內員工流失大,老員工雞毛當令箭,以下員工不服,搞埋堆。搞到部門運作好混亂,爭斗多過做嘢。
上市公司, 多野學, 但在於你係邊一個部門同TEAM工作. 升職機會很窄, 人工太低, 遠低於市場. 工作環境自由, WORK LIFE BALANCE, 福利一般 但留不到年青人, 因為太多老一輩員工, 但他們知識有限
大公司作風, 懂擦鞋埋堆升職快。 機械式工作, 刻板沉悶但工作量大。 若有事發生, 員工會互相推卸責任。
Pros
工作環境好
Cons
壓力大
Workplace Culture - Top down from management. New technology uplift LEAN to reduce waste Management - too many in and out The most enjoyable of the job is frequent travel
1. Need good time management. 2. Be observative. 3. Approachable. 4. Be patient. 5. Respect to people 6. willing to take feed back 7. Always suffer from jet lag
Pros
Days off
Cons
unstable working hours
A typical day at work is always looking forward to spreading my wings to interesting ports we fly our passengers. Cathay Pacific Airways molded me. I learned so much from my mistakes and made me a better person. We were a happy family with our management. We shared our knowledge together and tried to apply at work. Again with co-workers we are one big happy family. We come from different walks of life yet we were able to work together as a team. We respect one another and here I gained many friends who respects me so much. The hardest part of the job is when problems occur at the same time yet still manageable as long as you know what you are doing and know how to prioritize the challenges you face, any problem can easily be resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are outport with colleagues, having lunch and dinner or even breakfast together or shopping and sightseeing. Attending parties with management is also one thing to enjoy.
Pros
We are paid our outport meal allowances, by the company. A hotel staff hands it to us during check in.
Cons
There is a retirement age and it's very sad to leave.
very large company but a surprisingly lack of red tape if you know the right people to talk to. Pretty informal with the senior managers always willing to talk to all staff. Very professional company and usually required to work overtime but adequate compensation is provided.
Full of challenge and unpredictable. Need to solve the problem alone without full support from the management. Team work is the crucial in working at the airport
The Lounge is under the management of The Hong Kong Peninusla Group, a very good establishment to work for. The is another working experience of hospitablity field other than the resort and hotel. This further extend my vision to another level and types of service. It is a very busy lounge.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Job not stable as lounge is under management contract
Cathay Pacific - one of the Best Airlines in the world. Extensive well-planned training is provided to all new-joiner. With well-established management system, information technology and working procedure, you can learn a lot in this company.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Bureaucrat