Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews

Cathay Pacific Airways is a professional company with many learning opportunities and talented people working there. I enjoyed being a flight purser, they provided us flexibility life working style, given me lots of opportunities to meet people in different nationalities, it a advanced customer service job. I’m sure it would be benefit to my future job career.
Pros
Good interpersonal Skill, Excellent Customer Service, Great Teamwork Spirit, International perspective
Cons
Jet lag and Insomnia
大公司作風, 懂擦鞋埋堆升職快。 機械式工作, 刻板沉悶但工作量大。 若有事發生, 員工會互相推卸責任。
Pros
工作環境好
Cons
壓力大
Cathay Pacific embraces diversity and are keen to recruit the best talents who has a strong passion in aviation and travel. Talents are expected to thrive and add value to the company with their expertise independently and jointly with other talents. Cathay Pacific has an embracing culture, it provides all staff a safe and protected environment to work in with abundant job security.
Pros
embracing culture, work life balance
Cons
weak talent acquisition and reward strategy, non performance based reward systems
Cathy Pacific is a definite place where I learned a lot. I was happy there with my colleagues. As a customer service officer, I was happy to offer the quality service to my customers which gave me a sense of achievement. I really enjoyed my life in Cathay Pacific Airways.
As a crew, u can go to different places from time to time, can eat the local food, sight seeing and enjoy shopping. Working in the cabin is a big challenge, dealing with different people with different nationality. Anything could happened, eg.. medical case, emergency issue, delay issue, etc. The hardest part of the job is the jetlag, still very hard to get used to it. Culture wise is fun, because I can meet a lot of other nationality people.
Pros
fun job, can go to different places, good benefits from company.
Cons
long hours working, difficult to taking care of the family sometimes.
My contract employment at Cathay Pacific will end in November 2018 and I wish to pursue further with my career in aircraft/maintenance engineering. I consider myself as a high calibre engineering professional with strong aviation engineering general knowledge, and business understanding in engineering and maintenance, and would be a great asset to an Aviation firm. My priorities would be focusing on efficient Operation by maintaining high quality and standards ensuring safe, compliant and reliable aircraft, successful Deliverables and Projects by executing and finishing action plans decisively with priorities, and becoming one of the World Leaders through Technical Excellence. My strategic fundamentals are to ensure all team members are clear and aligned on company goals, and are committed to delivery. I believe in an open and honest communications along staffs, leading by example, and demonstrating through actions with passion and integrity.
Workplace Culture - Top down from management. New technology uplift LEAN to reduce waste Management - too many in and out The most enjoyable of the job is frequent travel
I think the benefits provided by the company are good. There is sufficient communication with the staff. A platform is available to express opinions to employees. Working hours are normal, there is not much overtime work, employees can assign annual leave on their own, and they can give enough rest within 5 days of work days
its continuous work with 2 short break and one with 1hr break.i learned to speak cantonese from elders.`time is so satisfactory.it has three shifts.there u can share your problem with foremen in any case.u need to work with no stop unless machine is stopped.but its refreshing and enjoying work.
Pros
time is so satisfactory, abnormal people also can do this work
Cons
its nonstoped work
good medical benefit work life balance because company provided sport facilities for co-worker
my job is excellent and wonderful and my dream job. my company is a great employer . i enjoy my job and travel around the world. meet different people.
Pros
travel benefit
I am happy to work in cathay pacific,,, I enjoyed working with diverse crew members and I think cathay pacific was very good company. I really want to work in USA now..
No flight is identical and every flight is a learning process to me. I have to not only be able to conduct stringent safety procedures but also deliver inflight service according to the company's standard. As a flight attendant I learned to respect passengers from different cultural backgrounds. I get to work with colleagues of different nationalities too. When we have layovers out of Hong Kong, we get the chance to experience different local cultures and widen our horizons. The hardest part of this job I guess is to cope with jetlag. Therefore, healthy eating and working out is essential.
Pros
Opportunities of exploring the world.
Cons
Fatigue and body clock adjustments.
A well run airline that is well run. Lots of passengers which suggests that they are very successful in what they do. Now have new aircraft (Dreamliner)
Pros
Staff travel
Cons
Circadian rhythm issues
Got different challenges from colleagues, BU, customers and vendors. Can meet with different people from different countries, have different cultural background.
Pros
Cheaper air ticket
Cons
Long working hours
Nice place to work with and work life balance. Good benefit and difference races of people are working in the company. with canteen insides the company make people no need to go out.
I gain lots of customer service experience from this job, I have met lots of nice co-workers and different passengers from different countries and nationality. I love the job nature and culture, it allows me to learn a lot of different culture and different way of service languages.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
crazy sleeping and eating patterns
i learned new skills in the catering service. even though we had to stand all day long to work but it was fun to work as it gave me hand on exposure to the aviation industry
Cons
had to stand
I was very happy that I could work with this company in the past
Bad Management - Laid off low salary staff, no promotion, low salary, only 1% salary increase every year
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No promotion, low salary, very bad management
can't figure out if they are that good or not but job cuts after a life time of work is hard to bear. just need to talk to anyone in the front line and you will know.
  1. Employee Reviews