Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews

Cathay Pacific Airways is a professional company with many learning opportunities and talented people working there. I enjoyed being a flight purser, they provided us flexibility life working style, given me lots of opportunities to meet people in different nationalities, it a advanced customer service job. I’m sure it would be benefit to my future job career.
Pros
Good interpersonal Skill, Excellent Customer Service, Great Teamwork Spirit, International perspective
Cons
Jet lag and Insomnia
Cathay Pacific is a very good airline to work with. I really enjoyed my time working in Cathay. Meeting people and different co-worker, every times you go on a flight. Paid the stewardess well.
Pros
Joy of travelling all around the world and discounts on hotel stay.
Cons
Long hours and can be very dangerous, during turbulence flights
Cathay Pacific - one of the Best Airlines in the world. Extensive well-planned training is provided to all new-joiner. With well-established management system, information technology and working procedure, you can learn a lot in this company.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Bureaucrat
Great company to work with and do take good care of their employees. Motivated employees to give their best and gave several leadership training and self development programs
Pros
Free traveling
Cons
Jet lag
Learned various project methodology Experience in managing minor and major projects Work life balance company Working with colleagues from different background Great teamwork Trust and respect
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
N/a
The job provides you opportunities to travel and see the world. Co-workers are generally nice, but the management sucks. They try to squeeze every single pennies from the inflight team, their ultimate goal is to cut cost. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the world, bring your family and friends to travel to different cities, while the hardest part is the roster.
This was a really great airline to work for. I made a lot of friends and met a lot of people. I really enjoyed meeting all different kinds of people at the airport. Also had the opportunity to promote some PR during my employment with Cathay Pacific which was really fun.
Start the day with the Financial Director replying to incoming/outgoing mail. Check appointments for the day. Make travel arrangements as required Learnt to multitask and set priorities. Oversee the performance of the secretarial pool. Co workers are very cooperative and fun to be with. The hardest part of the job is time sensitive. Liaison with lawyers during an aircraft purchase deal and Annual Reports. At the end of the day whether hectic or average, colleagues gather together and have a nice chat or happy hour. This company offers nice work environment, got a gym with swimming pool and other workout equipment. Benefits are good.
Pros
nice canteen and gym
Cons
sometimes very stressful particularly during year end.
a good working pattern and offer a good benefits to travel around the world. learn a lot of manner of customer services.
being a cabin crew is probably one of the most interesting job. having to work with different people everytime you go for work. colleagues from almost 20 different countries. travelled to many parts of the world and being able to experience and see for myself diversity and culture.
Pros
service oriented, safety conscious, culture awareness
Cons
body clock, time difference
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cathay Pacific?
its good to get the opportunity to work with cathay, Work culture is amazing, Lot of good benifits for permanent employees.
Work starts with smiles and happy greetings with colleagues. Learned to be very focused and diciplined. Very professional and always a happy and fun environment. My co-workers are all the same looking forward to a great flight and safe flight. Hardest is when flights are delayed for hours but it seldom happens and when it does the team works together to make it easier for passengers. The most enjoyable is when everyone is seen with happy faces which always and you as a leader iniates the mood in the aircraft no matter how full the flight is and at the end of the flight we have meals together in a restaurant for a relaxing evening.
Pros
A lot f great happy faces which makes the work easier
Cons
Sometimes when there are long delays too tiringspecially when jet lagged
Poor corporate culture, discrimination among non-chinese
My main duty in Cathay Pacific was looking after the aircraft maintenance program as well as planning for the Checks and Inspection as well as creating the work package for the Checks.I have the Technical and some Management Training in the company over the past 20 years.I can speak good English, Cantonese and Mandarin which is good for any customer service job. I have the computer knowledge such as MS Office, Words, Excel and Powerpoint. Apart from aircraft maintenance, any other house maintenance and machnical job is not an issue for me.
Pros
the company that i work for is excellent.
Cons
there is no cons at all for the company.
A lot of new experiences during the flight and I got to fly international when I was 22, it was just amazing!
Pros
attractive benefits!
Cons
no complaints!
My overall experience in the airline industry particularly with Cathay Pacific Airways has been the most unforgettable experience for me. It was through them that I was able to take my first international trip outside of my country. It was also the first time that I got to fly my first 747 trip in the mid 70's. It is a prestigious company known for its excellent service and best pilot crew. To add icing on the cake, it has great employees' benefits with amazing international routes to fly to. If you are in your early twenties, this will be the airline to fly with. Being based in Hongkong was also another incredible treat for me.
Pros
fly in style