City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學
View all City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學 reviews

City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學

City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學 Employee Review

Can't complain

For most of us research assistant, the job is mostly transitory. If you study here, it is the best place to take up an extra role and learn something useful along the way (+pay). Colleagues come and go, and subjective experiences about the workplace vary greatly across different project and supervisor.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Absolutely not a long term career choice

Same roleSame location

a productive place

I had wonderful working experience at the City University of Hong Kong. My colleagues were easy to get along with. My boss gave me explicit and professional instruction on how to carry out the research project. The working environment was friendly and kind.
Same role

Quite abundant educational resources but working under great stress

I worked as a research assistant for 1.5 years here. There are a variety of training or educational resources to improve the knowledge and skill base, which are usually free of with little cost of employees and students. The drawback is the great stress, which can depend on the content of your research, your supervisor, and working environment. The laboratory usually do not have windows, which drastically limit your exposure to natural light. This could also be a factor of highered stress I observed on the research/technical assistants here.

Pros

International, convenient location, abundant training/educational resources

Cons

High stress
Same role

My view

I graduated from the Department of Public and Social Administration, City University of Hong Kong, so I possess strong sense of belonging here and happy to work here after I graduate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學 with