Deloitte
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Flexibility
The company generally accommodates employees working needs by providing flexi work arrangements. Also, as public accounting firm, it provides you with wide variety of clients and exposure to various issues allowing one to grasp in-depth knowled
too tired
too tired for working in Deloitte. healthy situation goes down
Challenging work
The hardest part of the job I think is the way to manage clients' expectation. They might have a lot of things they want to do in one project but you have to try to manage their expectations gradually so that there won't have a huge gap between their imagination and your deliverables.
Pros
Great exposure
No work life balance
- extremely long working hours
- minimal overtime compensation

- understaff for each job assignment

- zero job continuity during the assignment

- poor management culture

- very large staff turnover that whole engagement team can resign within a year
Audit area
It is same as other big 4. Auditing different industries to expand business knowledge and to build up confidence to access risk and management. It is a nice place to start with.
long working hours
You should expect a long working hours, especially during the peak season and should not expect a full compensation for your overtime work.Managers do not care if you are having a holiday but expect you to go back to office when they need you. Work for 3 years and then you should consider leaving as you can find jobs with similar salary but with more work life balance. In fact, if you leave earlier, your salary can even higher than your audit managers few years later.
Pros
Offer comprehensive training and fresh graudates
A good big-4 firm to work for
A big-4 firm at Hong Kong which has a lot audit engagement in Hong Kong and China. You have to travel a lot in Hong Kong and China. You can gain a lot of exposure in different industries. Inevitably, staff has to work long-hour for most assignment.
Pros
The company is prestigious and provide a lot of job advancement
Cons
Working long hours and need to adapt to working style of different manager
Great place to start a career
Great place to start a career but not a place to further develop your career. Working hours can be long sometimes but you do learn a lot. Salary is below industry standard.
fun place to work in
I've had a job every summer since I was 16 years old. My primary reason to work was to have some extra spending money, but what I didn't realize was that I was actually sampling careers to see where I fit in. I worked as a kennel assistant at a local animal hospital during the summer before my freshman year of college. It was then that I discovered what I wanted to do for my career. I decided I would to go to college and focus on becoming a small animal veterinarian, and that's what I did. I have been working at the same animal hospital ever since.
Friendly colleagues
- Heavy workload
- Not enough resources

- Colleagues are friendly
Productive Workplace
As we always have to go to client's office to perform an audit, we do not have our fixed seat at our office. We have approximately 50% of time working out of office. Sometimes we do need to have business trips to Mainland China or some other countries. What I have learned here is mainly some accounting and auditing technical knowledge. I have also trained up my interpersonal skills and communication skills as we always have to deal with different people. The workplace culture here is very work oriented. The hardest part of the job is the heavy workload and long working hours. However, we have our batchmates to support each other to make our life easier.
Pros
Stable career path
Cons
Long working hours
clear promotion path
very clear promotion career path. good place to start as a fresh graduate.
Work Environment
No work life balance. Sub-par working culture. Salary and benefits not much. Administrative tasks will take a lot of your time. No proper training provided.
Challenging
- Almost no work-life balance, even interns may need to over time work
- Good opportunity to learn, develop, and connect to professionals

- Challenging work
the supervisors were knowledgeable
The work culture was harmony and i have learned people skill and some company secretarial skills from my supervisors.

I had learned communication skill at the work
great
A brief briefing from senior and was assigned to related research work. Co-workers are young and friendly and helpful as well. However they enjoy coming to office late and leave late.
A very productive work place
Definitely a productive and fun work place with lots of adorable colleagues working alongside. Depends on how much efforts you pay, in here I pay all my efforts and I learn the most from it. The goals are clear that the whole team is determined to achieve it. Personally I woudl say thanks to this work place, it gives lots of valuable experience and opportunities to me.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Long working hours
Challenging and rewarding experience
Working in Deloitte HK guarantees exposure towards listed companies and opportunities to work in China. It allows for rewarding experience for fresh graduates.
leading accounting firm
Big scale of company, can meet a lot of people, develope network.

to be able to learn very solid experience inside, but poor at work life balance
good career path
-clear career path and salary progression
-knowledge in restructuring and liquidaiton
N/a
Great exposure.
Nice colleagues.

Not much work/life balance.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.
3.3K