Deloitte logo

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,133 reviews

Supportive working environment

The colleagues are friendly and supportive. You can have a lot of opportunities to expose to different projects and learn new skills. You would also be assigned to a coach and he or she would provide some useful suggestions. However, the work-life balance is not as good as other industries.

Bad culture

Bad culture and there's no work life balance. Everyone only cares about themselves and there's not much support people or managers will provide to you.

Work style

The working style in Deloitte is tough as the reporting deadline is tight due to large workload and limited manpower. However, I can gain a comprehensive experience by engaging in different audit engagements. Engagement partners, managers and teammates are all good enough due to their good working attitude and education background.

Supportive managers but low pay

I interned at Deloitte Consulting last summer and I would say I was able to do a lot as an intern. They were pretty open to giving me opportunities to do hands-on tasks. I also had very supportive manager who constantly checked in with me, so I would say overall I enjoyed my experience there. It definitely was fairly low pay though compared to the industry standard.

Workload high but compensation low. However good company culture

People are willing to help each other. Free coffee, tea, and milktea (that's really good). Compensation is really low compared to similar industries.

Hong Kong Fits Deloitte

I worked in Hong Kong when I was working for Deloitte and the city matched the company; very exciting, but with a drive and unique experience that you will not get anywhere else.

Productive and fun workplace

Exposure to Deloitte Global Network is priceless. Even under COVID-19 situation, we can share the experience of how to due with problems we have never encountered before.

Flexibility

The company generally accommodates employees working needs by providing flexi work arrangements. Also, as public accounting firm, it provides you with wide variety of clients and exposure to various issues allowing one to grasp in-depth knowled

too tired

too tired for working in Deloitte. healthy situation goes down

Challenging work

The hardest part of the job I think is the way to manage clients' expectation. They might have a lot of things they want to do in one project but you have to try to manage their expectations gradually so that there won't have a huge gap between their imagination and your deliverables.

Pros

Great exposure

No work life balance

- extremely long working hours - minimal overtime compensation - understaff for each job assignment - zero job continuity during the assignment - poor management culture - very large staff turnover that whole engagement team can resign within a year

Audit area

It is same as other big 4. Auditing different industries to expand business knowledge and to build up confidence to access risk and management. It is a nice place to start with.

long working hours

You should expect a long working hours, especially during the peak season and should not expect a full compensation for your overtime work.Managers do not care if you are having a holiday but expect you to go back to office when they need you. Work for 3 years and then you should consider leaving as you can find jobs with similar salary but with more work life balance. In fact, if you leave earlier, your salary can even higher than your audit managers few years later.

Pros

Offer comprehensive training and fresh graudates

A good big-4 firm to work for

A big-4 firm at Hong Kong which has a lot audit engagement in Hong Kong and China. You have to travel a lot in Hong Kong and China. You can gain a lot of exposure in different industries. Inevitably, staff has to work long-hour for most assignment.

Pros

The company is prestigious and provide a lot of job advancement

Cons

Working long hours and need to adapt to working style of different manager

Great place to start a career

Great place to start a career but not a place to further develop your career. Working hours can be long sometimes but you do learn a lot. Salary is below industry standard.

fun place to work in

I've had a job every summer since I was 16 years old. My primary reason to work was to have some extra spending money, but what I didn't realize was that I was actually sampling careers to see where I fit in. I worked as a kennel assistant at a local animal hospital during the summer before my freshman year of college. It was then that I discovered what I wanted to do for my career. I decided I would to go to college and focus on becoming a small animal veterinarian, and that's what I did. I have been working at the same animal hospital ever since.

Friendly colleagues

- Heavy workload - Not enough resources - Colleagues are friendly

Productive Workplace

As we always have to go to client's office to perform an audit, we do not have our fixed seat at our office. We have approximately 50% of time working out of office. Sometimes we do need to have business trips to Mainland China or some other countries. What I have learned here is mainly some accounting and auditing technical knowledge. I have also trained up my interpersonal skills and communication skills as we always have to deal with different people. The workplace culture here is very work oriented. The hardest part of the job is the heavy workload and long working hours. However, we have our batchmates to support each other to make our life easier.

Pros

Stable career path

Cons

Long working hours

clear promotion path

very clear promotion career path. good place to start as a fresh graduate.

Work Environment

No work life balance. Sub-par working culture. Salary and benefits not much. Administrative tasks will take a lot of your time. No proper training provided.

Challenging

- Almost no work-life balance, even interns may need to over time work - Good opportunity to learn, develop, and connect to professionals - Challenging work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5K