Disney Parks, Experiences and Products

Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,075 reviews

A fun job with great benefits

Great Pay and Benefits with coworkers from different parts of the world. There are incentives and discounts for employees and a relatively great work environment.

Pros

discounts, travel, benefits

Cons

hours

It's great, if you live and breathe Disney.

This is an amazing 1st or 2nd job for any young adult or someone already retired and settled.But keep in mind... once the magic fades, you might become disillusioned.Part-time employees hardly get any hours, and many full-time employees are living in poverty.After a while, everyone forces a smile on their face.

Pros

Free passes (within reservations), generous discounts, free online college (limited choices), fun CMs

Cons

Low wages, awful hours, erratic schedule, shifts on EVERY holiday unless you have high seniority

Fun but also stressful at times

This is a great place to work, especially with many departments in the company. However, if you don't want to grow and have a career here, it would be more fun to have it as a weekend job or part-time. Different departments have different management and operational systems, so even though we are one park, there are different lines of businesses that are either working together or trying to benefit from one another.

Pros

Sign-in perks, Discounts, Exclusive Merchandise or experiences

Cons

Low Wage, Management varies

Get yelled at all day for no money

A company that tells you to put a smile on your face while guests are allowed to berate and chastise you because wearing a mask took the magic out of their overly expensive experience.

Lifeguard College Program

I was a lifeguard at Disney Caribbean Beach Resort for the Disney College Program and I loved it! I really liked their point system for taking off work, it allowed you to know exactly how many days a month you can take off and you don’t need to call your place of work, you call a hotline. My manager was amazing and they helped me to connect with local volunteer organizations to pursue my interests while I was there. Great experience overall but the pay was not that great, having rent taken out for the housing. Plus I lived in a house with 6 people total, two to each room. Overall great experience though.

Pros

Set housing, good work schedule, good team work, great manager

Cons

Not enough pay, but it was an internship

Management will NOT back you up or support you in any way, shape, or form. Security will not back you up either! Watch your back!!! Always, watch your back!!!

If you have a family, this job is not suited to that.

This Job is not meant for anyone starting a family/considering. The benefits are really great, but the pay/benefit ratio isn't so great. You meet great people.

Pros

Events, benefits

Cons

Management does not encourage growth, long hours away from your family, schedules are not flexible.

Good pay/ stressful job

Is a good place to work but a lot of work to do and the leaders barely knows what they are doing. But in overall, it’s a good job. There’s many jobs options in different departments.

Pros

Pay

Cons

High expectations

Empresa dinâmica

Muito trabalho principalmente para quem trabalha em MerchandiseHorários mais nocturnos do que diurnos para quem é novato ba empresa

Pros

Não há muita

Cons

Muito exaustivo

Fun place to work, but not the best company to work for

There is very little work/life balance and zero flexibility. Even after being with the company for several years, my schedule is inconsistent and not my requested hours. We only get our schedule four days before the start of the coming week. If you have any outside responsibilities or conflicts, management will not do anything to accommodate you and you will be penalized. The job itself is a lot of fun, but the company does not care about their employees and tends to be a toxic environment in most cases.

Pros

fun place to work, good benefits

Cons

no flexibility, low pay

Fun & Friendly workplace environment

Solid company to work for. Like every company it has its pros and cons. But you'll definitely enjoy the experience and the job environment. Pretty good employee perks.

Environnement de travail agréable.

Bonne expérience de travailler chez Disney.Les salaires sont inférieurs que chez la concurrence, mais garantie de l'emploi et beaucoup d'avantages en parallèle. Il est possible de changer de métier au sein de l'entreprise.

Pros

13eme mois, PEE 30%, jours de repos fixes, horaires continue

Cons

Difficulté de gravir les échelons

Horizontal Moves

It is almost impossible to move up at Disney. They love to move people horizontally for decades. It is very political, and they push this culture of lateral moves as positive.

Pros

Free tickets

Cons

No work life balance

Average job, what you would expect with housekeeping

Has all the things you would expect. Micromanagement, very fast paced work, can't take a breather. Constantly moving and doing repetitive tasks.The only upside is pay, hours, most people are nice, including management. I would say the managers do care about you as a person, but actually managing the workplace and handling your work is lackluster.

Pros

Benefits, pay, hours

Cons

Micromanagement, no breathers, constantly moving

Overall Cool

It's a decent place to work and you have plenty of resources that are offered, best one is they offer to pay for you to go college. Plenty of fun work culture.

It's ok

Disney is just a place you work and go home. Some of the managers were hard to get when you needed them for an emergency. Sometimes I had to fend for myself with angry customers

Pros

You meet a lot of people

Cons

Managers barley came out

Eh

Management will only promote if you are a favorite. Coworkers can and will snitch on you for any little thing to get promoted.Pay rate is decent depending on the job and location.

Pros

Free tickets

Cons

Long hours, short breaks, No flexibility

Easy and fun job

Get inside the parks and job isnt hard to do. People are kind and friendly. Hours are flexible. Opportunity for career advancement with the aspire program

the people make the job

I unfortunately had a terrible experience working for the walt disney company due to terrible management and their inability to respect my availability. You have to submit a schedule as well as a school schedule if you're a student. Despite both of these being submitted I would be scheduled for a shift when I had class. I would speak to schedulers often and each time they would say they'd fix it and it would keep happening. I was once told that I wasn't a priority they had in mind when scheduling.

Pros

entrance to the parks, discounts, medical, on site physical therapist

Cons

managers/shift leads are on power highs, no sense of team, monotonous work, issues are not taken seriously

Ehhhh

Bad but good in many ways from the company . Not room for advancement and pay rarely increases but u do get into the parks.Bad but good in many ways from the company.

fun environment

Always fun going into work. Always something new and exciting either it be new products or new events. Dealing with the guests was tiring, especially with the pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2