EF Education First
Coronavirus update
Information from EF Education First:

EF Education First Employee Reviews

Hong Kong7 reviews
I worked as an English teacher at EF English Centres in Hong Kong. It’s not a terrible gig, they do take care of you with their health insurance and MPF (basically the HK version of a 401k, but more capitalized and less useful).

Pay is above average among other Hong Kong companies if you’re a teacher, but expats really do wind up with the short end of the stick in terms of remuneration, with many struggling to pay rent in a city as expensive as Hong Kong.

Students are usually nice enough, but curriculum design at times leaves much to be desired- lessons are standardized and pre-made, but half the time aren’t adapted appropriately to the targeted level, they simply don’t discuss what they were supposed to, or explain concepts in an overly complicated fashion, frustrating your students, and occasionally leaving you in an awkward situation.

My centre manager is awesome, as are most of the others in Hong Kong, they will try to help you, some sassier than others, which makes for a fun work relationship.

Typical hours are 12-9 or 11-8 with one hour for lunch. You typically get 4 hours of teaching a day, and the rest of the time you’re helping the sales team assess prospective students, or assisting students with queries. You also participate and host events in-centre and away
Pros
Fun co-workers (usually), 5 day work weeks (rare in Hong Kong), Life Club Can sometimes let you try something you wouldn’t normally do.
Cons
Awkward hours, classes get very reletitive, be prepared to see the same students taking the same class over and over again
EF is a place where you are welcomed and supported. The people go out of their way to help each other. There is a culture of moving quickly, acting on good ideas, making things happen, and talking in person. Quick video chats across time zones, impromptu meetings, coffee chats, and desk drive-bys are the norm. The culture is quirky and fun. I have laughed every day that I have worked here and am excited to come to work every day—something I don't take for granted.
Official response from EF Education First
January 10, 2020
Thank you for this feedback! Great to hear that you enjoy coming to work. Our people and culture are something we are very proud of and what really makes us different. I hope 2020 brings more amazing opportunities your way!
每天工作時間10小時 工作上學到電話銷售技巧及面對面銷售技巧 管理層採取進取冒險的態度帶領團隊工作。
Pros
免費進修英語
Cons
每日OT
EF has a multi-cultural and collaborative environment. It is a good environment for work. Have good welfare for the staff, held activities for staff to relax.
It should be clear that this job is only available for students or graduates from EF Academy.
A typical day at work involves meeting with fellow interns to work on our projects.
Pros
Free lunches, Short hours, workplace culture
The company culture is very fast-paced and sales driven. It is a perfect place for people who is eager to try out different things. Sometimes it is quite demanding because the team is too small, but there are too much work to do.
Learned to work independently inside a large organization. Co-workers were largely competent and definitely some stars. Similar to most organizations I'd imagine.

The best part of the job was the locations.