ESPN

ESPN Employee Reviews

Internship

It was a great experience. the best thing they did for me was allow me to help out in multiple areas of the company such as sales, promotions, and the financial side of things.

I really enjoyed the work and my colleagues.

I had a great time. You have to love sports and you have to work hard. But there are A LOT of ways to be fulfilled beyond work. I had a great time volunteering and working with The V Foundation for Cancer Research.

Fun working for Disney

Times are good and times can be weird at ESPN. Sometimes things go well, but then other times there are massive layoffs.Also, it is a hard place to get promoted if you are low on the totem pole.

No advancement

It all depends on the department, growth and communication with management varies greatly. Either great internal promotions or none at all. Hit or miss but overall a great company with a lot to offer.

Pros

Good work atmosphere

Great company; could fix a few minor things

It was a great place to start out at honestly. I loved most of the people I worked with and it was a great experience. I left because Connecticut wasn’t my favorite place to live and I couldn’t be away from family any longer. The pay at times could be better but the other benefits are great

Productive and fun

Pretty good management team work was A1 clean I really enjoyed my time there working. You meet a lot of great ppl great attitudes plus amazing food….

Hard working environment with many benefits

Be prepared for some long days but you'll love the environment. Professional development is a part of the mix as is good pay and benefits. Many opportunities to learn new skills and advance.

Nope.

By orders of magnitude the worst company I have ever worked for - and I used to work in retail. Lied to at every stop, had schedule changed from promised daypart with no warning, thrown into extremely chaotic primetime environment with inadequate training. Promised opportunities were pulled away in pure spitefulness.Claims to champion both mental health and diversity+inclusion but unless you’re a cis white dude the second rubber meets the road they won’t hesitate to lie, manipulate, and eventually run you out unless you play along. Working here caused the biggest mental health crisis of my entire life and I was rewarded with a separation after medical leave.

Place was awful. They treat workers like pawns.

Place was awful. They treat workers like pawns. They had no remorse when letting me go when it was not performance related. HR wants to have more diversity so people get let go for no reason.

Pros

Cons

treatment of employees

Amazing job opportunities , love it

Management listens, teams working together to accomplish goals, feel appreciated for work.job opportunities, excellent management, work life balance,

Pros

Amazing job opportunities

Good For Entry Jobs

Its a great place to start your career in Sports Broadcasting, but there's not a lot of room to grow within the company. High demands, and quick turnarounds, part of the business. Great benefits and company culture.

Fun if thats what you're into.

This job is amazing for those who love sports, but this job is not for everyone. Your life/ schedule revolves around sports which is great if thats what you're into but if not this might not be the place for you. I personally loved working for ESPN.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Pay

Fun place

This was a fun place to work for the end was not handled correctly but over all it was working well for me at the time. Meet some cool prosper and have free games

Pros

Free games

Cons

Costumers

Great Place To Work

Shame that the entire branch of ESPN Deportes was killed off by Disney 15 years into its journey. Sports entertainment is what ESPN is all about and the brand did that quite well. Loved working there.

Great job, but might take a while before promotion.

I worked as a part-time sports data analyst. The stats & analysis department was out of this world. Typically got assigned a list of games for certain leagues and made sure they were updating accordingly or updated them manually pending if it was coming in or not. They'll give you resources to reach out to the press boxes and are always available to help. Unfortunately had to leave because of the pandemic, I couldn't wait for a full-time promotion. But if you could stick it out I imagine it's worth it.

Pros

Get paid to watch sports

Cons

Only if you don't like working weekends

Do not work here

ESPN is a machine. You are a cog. They don't care about you. Short term assignment; so happy that it's all over. No way that I could work there full time.

Pros

Cons

Isolation; team members with no manners or politeness; major stress.

Choose wisely

There is a strong authoritarian way of managing people. It's very old school, it's toxic. Manager's okay favorites and encourage competition among Co-workers. If you get paired with a manager that turns out to not like you, you can never get to where you hope to go in the work group, let alone the company. If ever this happens, best bet is to quit the company, as a whole, not just ESPN. Leave Disney. Find a job with another company that values your worth and hard earned efforts and if you want to come back to TWDC, do so but avoid ESPN.

Pros

My workgroup had no pros

Cons

Jealous managers and co-workers, high school dynamic, bitter employees complaining

Divertido

Muy buena experiencia nos divertimos todos los dias

Tough place

Tough place to work, especially for minorities. Its a good ole boy network & its hard to exist if you don't make others feel good about themselves. The pay is below industry standard.

Amazing work and life balance/Work hard and get paid

Main manager and coworkers all work together as an amazing team. As long as you are working hard and meeting your goals, your work schedule can be adjusted for time with family and for kid's schedules.

Greta place

This place was amazing. The big screen. The games. Best games you'll ever see. Fun. One big entertainment area. Everything. Cheese Fries. Burgers. Deserts

Pros

The Big Screen

Cons

Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESPN. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ESPN