EY Employee Review

great place

May 1, 2014
Pros – You see more in public accounting than any other experience you can get in the finance world. EY Detroit specifically had the best culture of Big 4 firms, focusing on work-life balance and caring for you as an individual. Cons – The nature of public accounting is high paced and can be long hours. While the majority of people you work with are helpful and enjoyable, you may get stuck on a job with someone who is not. Advice to Senior Management – There must be a reverse review process, so employees can provide reviews for supervisors. I had a number of seniors and/or managers who were poor leaders, but who got good reviews from superiors based on limited interaction.
September 14, 2017
Same role
Risk Advisory Intern (Former Employee) - Hong Kong, HK
I worked as an intern. There is no training or coaching. The seniors are not very friendly and only cares about if you finish the job, instead of your future career development. Sometimes I feel like I am just copying the template and know nothing about the job.
June 8, 2020
APAC Finance Lead (Former Employee) - Hong Kong
Good place to work and develop, encourage flexible working especially in Advisory. Good place for personal and professional development and an enjoyable work place.
March 18, 2020
Senior Auditor, FSO Assurance (Former Employee) - Hong Kong
s an auditor at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protecting financial markets. Because we use a Global Audit Methodology in over 130 countries, audit is a practice rich in opportunity. The scale and scope of our clients’ businesses add to the wealth of experience and opportunity that an audit career here offers you. As an audit professional here you will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to your clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing the capital life cycle and improving business operations.