EY

EY Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,793 reviews
Good place to work and develop, encourage flexible working especially in Advisory. Good place for personal and professional development and an enjoyable work place.
EY has a nice con going. They get flooded with smart applicants just out of college with 4.0 GPAs. They somehow convinced the world that it was "great to have EY on the resume". They pay you an absolutely dismal wage then give you a massive undertaking. I really liked the challenge and the responsibility. But after raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars for EY then looking at my paychecks, it got really old, really fast. EVERYONE leaves EY within 3 years. They ONLY hire management from OUTSIDE the company. This company is an absolute clown show. If you read this and still decide to work there, you cant say someone dudnt try to warn you.
Cons
You dont know when you will there will be a transition to a BPO. Either you accept the offer or you will be laid off there is no other option for ypu to choose.
Great benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule, holidays, good health benefits, 401k match. Management do their best to keep employees safe during this unprecedented times.
Managers guided intern associate for the respectful programs. Tax was not that of a head ache since it was not in a busy season. Work life can be heavy cause at the end of the day it's Big4
I should start off by saying that I got this job fresh out of college and to be able to work for a Fortune 500 company is a HUGE honor that I'm still so grateful for. However, this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. Being an EA has it's perks but overall you're just a glorified secretary for 5-8 people across multiple different time zones in a virtual setting. I've enjoyed working at EY; just not in the Louisville office.
Pros
AMAZING benefits, super relaxed office environment (can only speak to the Louisville office), different training opportunities
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement unless you want to switch jobs completely
Comfortable place to work. Good team and people. Compensation is lower than common company but in line with consulting companies. Good working balance with private life
Pros
Learning
Cons
Pay
Great place to work! If you start as an early careerist and rise up through the ranks, you will learn a technical skill and sound project management.
My team was outsourced to EY from our original company and told that it would be a huge opportunity for our careers, but then a few months later, our team was laid off suddenly. They decided to outsource our jobs again, but this time to teams overseas which resulted in us being laid off. They did give us 2 months' notice which was somewhat helpful, but many of us felt misled because they kept telling us to "hang in there" through the growing pains that took place after the original outsourcing "business transformation" event. If I had known then what I know now, I would've started looking elsewhere immediately and been long gone before the layoff ever took place. Not to mention, the whole business transformation process was a waking nightmare. They put someone who was lazy and completely incompetent in charge of our team, and that led to a lot of dissatisfaction and confusion, not to mention lots of blaming/finger-pointing and toxicity; honestly, it was chaotic and made me dread what the next day would bring as it felt like we were constantly putting out fires before new ones started, and had very little support and guidance to address them. I don't know how EY runs the rest of the business so this is just my isolated perspective, but based on this experience I wouldn't recommend it. Also - last I heard, their decision to outsource abroad actually made things worse so the decision was clearly made for short-sighted, cost-saving reasons, and not really strategically aimed at supporting their client's needs long term.
Been here 5 years plus. Benefits package, growth, stable industry, virtual environment, opportunities for learning, collaboration, transparent leadership.
Pros
Competitive salary, growth, benefits
Cons
Lack of clear career path in CBS
Very good people and culture but the work can be a hit or miss. Sometimes you’ll be expected to work many extra hours even during weekends depending on management
The hours were pretty bad year round, but you do learn a lot, which sets you up to be successful once you leave the firm. Good benefits, culture is hit or miss depending on your engagements. A good place to spend a couple of years, learn and leave.
Employees are given a flexibility regarding work timings, however, putting client needs at first, the flexibility is not felt, especially during busy seasons. There is a huge learning curve, and a lot of technical knowledge to be gained.
Pros
Automatic promotions / increments, Decent compensation, Experience
Cons
Long hours, Lack of work-life balance
A great place to start your accounting career. Expect to work hard however. Quite a bit of politics, but if you are able to navigate and except that, you'll fit right in.
EY supports you and gives you all of the expectations of you in writing. Even when that’s not enough, they still support you. Great company to work for and the benefits are unheard of with the majority of companies out there.
Pros
Benefits, community support
Cons
Nothing at this time
It is Big 4 - long hours, high expectations. Opportunities to learn, but you are just a number. I don’t regret the experience - lots of exposure to different things.
A great company to work with. Really get to learn alot here. The promotions/progressions are slow, however, it can be due to covid too. The infrastructure of the gurgaon office is great. The commute services really helps to not feel fatigued and work with all zeil.
Don't come here if you don't have a clear exit opportunity in mind. People here only wants to be here for a few years and then leave. Your managers and partners are awful. At least, your coworkers know the pain and you can make some lifelong friends here.
Good place to start out a career in - you need to be proactive though if you want to get promoted within CBS, as there are employees that have been working in the same position for over 20 years.
Sterk carrière kunnen maken bij EY en voor top klanten kunnen werken.Maar de prijs is zeer hoog geweest (incl. Echtscheiding).Maw bezint eer ge begint of, "measure your success by the price you pay for it.'
Pros
Projects, clients & colleagues
Cons
Underpaid & inconsistant evaluation & reward system
Las arduas jornadas de trabajo que en promedio van desde las 10 hastas las 12 horas diarias, sumado al Home Office hacen de esta temporada la menos indicada para trabajar dentro de EY. Aunado a la alta rotación de personal, el poco personal y la gran carga de trabajo que se manejan hacen de esta un trabajo muy demandante. Si estás contemplando unirte a la firma, ten en cuenta que el horario que ellos proponen nunca se va acumplir, el salario no compensa las horas que vas a trabajar y no hay pago de horas extras, ademas de que olvídate de tu vida personal puesto que desayunaras, comerás y cenaras el trabajo. No es un lugar para hacer carrera, puesto que puede que te quedes en el camino habiendo perdido más de lo que crees poder ganar.
Pros
Prestaciones y Aprendizaje
Cons
Todo lo no contemplado en los pros
  1. Employee Reviews