EY

EY Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Longest and hardest I've ever worked with a steep learning curve as seniors/managers don't have a lot of time to teach (because everyone is doing what they can). Tests the upper threshold for work but when you look back you'll be amazed at how much you've learnt and of the friends you make.
Pros
Team culture, training and exit opportunities
Cons
Long hours, low pay
The hours are grueling. The management is not supportive. The teams are not supportive. There are smart people who work there but they are not appreciated. It is a very difficult work environment that does not support work/life balance.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
Lack of support from management
Good place to get exposure to premium clients and train in yourself up in various skills. The bad is that if you are not good at firm politics and nepotism, you will hit a ceiling with your progression.
Pros
Training and exposure to premium clients
Cons
Firm culture and politics
Very fast paced, work life balance / culture / level of stress highly depends on the teams and clients you get put on. Overall a great place to start your career at because you get to meet so many people.
EY Only hires professionals who are capable of delivering. Anybody wanting to work at EY needs to bring their best game and collaborate for success. Opportunities to work at EY will also provide opportunities to develop as a person and a professional.
A good opportunity to grow fast and learn a lot of things. Work with multinational clients and develop a network. You can meet really good people and professionals.
Pros
Educational Benefits and Exchange Programs
Cons
Management, instability after becoming manager, too slow to get the technologies running over the company
I loved working at EY. Every day was a new day meeting clients, helping them with documents and files, helping them to use TRIM in order to search and request files. My team was friendly and supportive. The clients were very understanding and so was the management. I had an excellent rapport with my management, partners and also clients. EY is a very good place to work in and I miss being there. The challenging part was when I had to manage a lot of requests along with other duties. However, I just had to prioritise my work and as the team was supportive, the work didn't seem difficult. Being a part of EY for over 11 years, I acquired a lot of knowledge specially improved my Customer Service skills, my phone manners, computer skills, learnt to use new software over the years. Overall, it was a happy, memorable experience working at EY.
Pros
flexibility, team work, friendly environment
Cons
construction of light rail causing a lot of disruption in the area
Three key points: 1) Horrible team culture 2) Poor staff leaving process (Salary / dues not paid on time at the staff exit for weeks) 3) Overworked staff with very low morale.
Pros
Diverse work experience
Cons
Poor culture at the top
Bosses were bullies, very sexist, they were never happy with anything I did. They picked on everything I did. Sometimes didn't speak to me, very spoilt men who are used to getting everything they want. That place was a pressure pit, everyone was heads down the whole time. No one socialised or god forbid told a joke, there was no joking, no fun, no banter, nothing, it was like working in factory. It was the worst job I ever took, thank god i left, never again.
Pros
nothing, oh new offices
Cons
open plan sucks, partners need major adjustment
A typical day at work involved working at client's sites unless during reporting and review stages whereby these were finalized in the office and any planning meetings with the team including the engagement principals or partners would happen in the office. Other administrative aspects of the job would also happen in the office although we had enablers such as modems and hence one could easily do timesheets and other administrative aspects or work related issues from client's sites or from home if it is past office hours.
Pros
Great working culture with team work and promoting cultural diversity.
Cons
time constraints with strict reporting deadlines with certain clients.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Ernest and You Audit Firm is one of the best audit firm among the Four big Audit firms in Ghana.Workers are very focus .Honesty,Trust,Integrity,faithfulness is their hall mark
Pros
learn new ideas and skills on each audit
Cons
sometimes closes late
Ambiente muito agradavel e harmonioso, os gestores sao otimos.
Pros
Nada a declarar
Cons
Nada a declarar
It's been a great career move being part of a global organisation that is leading the way for change and acceptance in the workforce. I have learnt many things over the years with EY both professsionally and personally all of which have helped to shape the EA I am today. Given the firms global locations it has allowed me to liaise with numerous people from all corners of the world.
Pros
Valued employee
Cons
The travel
I worked only on a project and was not employed by them. • Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse group of people in a work-integrated inter-university competition for a business consultancy task at Ernst & Young. • Developed and presented a sales pitch to the EY panel of judges. • Contributed to the development of a business report for the project, providing well considered, original, innovative and realistic recommendations specific to the task.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Ernst & Young for the past 10 years. I understand that my role was made redundant from a global level, not from management locally. I enjoyed interaction with the leading partners of EY, the team I looked after and the training I accomplished nationally and internationally.
Pros
Managing my team and autonomous working environment
Cons
Lack of direction with finance department
One of the most important companies in the world where I have the opportunity to work. I learnt how to work in busy seasons and achieve the deadlines.
Job work (3), salary (3), job security (3), management (3), job culture (4). Overall rating (3). Good environment, the best thing is people you work with.
A typical day at work involved having a brief catch up with my group leader (Asia Pacific Private Equity Leader) to discuss the weeks work in progress and what needed to be completed and then working on those tasks in order of priority and urgency. Tasks could include overseas/domestic travel arrangements or creating itineraries for a client roadshow or important trips, client team meeting preparation and execution (creating agendas/action items), managing partners (three) calendars and monitoring emails, making sure partners are getting to meetings on time and action any outstanding tasks were a typical part of my daily routine. I learned that I worked well at multitasking different projects including completing different partners specific and demanding requests and making sure I prioritized and was timely on my completion. I also learned that the best way to juggle so many tasks is to put these tasks in order of high to low priority and take it one step at a time as I worked in a very fast-paced environment with the responsibility of three very demanding partners. Due to an increased transaction workload, the team grew exponentially from about 20 to 40 in about a year and a half. As a result of this growth, we were short on administrative assistance and the pressure on me and my workload increased significantly for a while until we hired another assistant. In the meantime though, I was likable and always helpful and knowledgeable on everything EY related so most of the staff would come to me daily with questions which became very disruptive when I was in the middle of - more...
Fast moving and high pressured environment, however staff are of high calibre and professional. Clients are reputable and well known.
I found my time here very pleasant. All the people I worked with were very approachable and friendly. I found myself occupied by a wide range of tasks at all different times. Social aspects of this were also great. At times it became difficult balancing various tasks at once.
Very big company. Assurance Advisory Tax Professional services