EY

EY Employee Reviews in Colombo

I would recommend EY to those who seek a stable work at Accounts or Auditing. There's a career growth and development. HR department is really supportive and helpful to the staff.
Awesome place to work and the culture is good. Pressure is there but can manage that. Good learning opportunity to grow and personal and career wise. Overall good.
Good place to work and get relevant work experience and exposure. I love the knowledge pool available at EY which is helpful to complete the assignments.
Good Exposure and Experience in the relevant field of work, with opportunities of career progression. Flexible leave plans assisting students in their studies
Pros
Travel Reimbursement
Cons
N/a
Good place to work and to get experience. Nice work environment and people. Work on teams and on deadlines. May travel and meet new people depending on division.
Can share your knoledge and experience with well trained and friendly staff. As they have a good client base, it help with employees to gain good knoledge in various industries in the market.
Pros
Good client base
Cons
Have to work in various alocations
This is the place where i learnt several skills and my career as well and also which helped me to pass my exam and further i developed my soft skills and others and the employment also balance foe personal and work life.
Pros
Free lunches, gifts
Cons
short breaks and Health care
I enjoyed my time at EY as my peers were welcoming, friendly and always willing to help. Work was stressful but I learnt a lot through my superiors and mistakes.
Pros
Learning comrade
Working hours were quite similar to that of a qualified auditors role. Team members were quite friendly and welcoming which made the process much easier.
Pros
Enthusiastic and driven team-members
Cons
Long Hours and plenty of branch visiting
It provides proactive resources to apply the latest standard with sharing knowledge of sector specified relevant experts. Friendly and flexible working environment with regular evaluation. Benefits are also in line with the qualification and experiences.
I enjoyed my time while working in EY. It's a place where people are moved together as a team. During my working period i enjoyed the work & i too get a good exposure.
I learned so many things from EY. and EY is the foundation of my finance career. And they gave lot of opportunity to complete our studies (University and Other). And from EY we made so many friends.
E & Y is great place to start your career, specially when you are fresh graduate. Pay is very low, not even enough for your traveling cost. you need to spend meal out of your pocket.
Challenging job roles and had to meet lot of deadlines in reporting. Learnt many areas in finance and accounting. About the company: This is one of the top four audit firms in the world and in Colombo Ernst & Young (EY), there are approximately 700 employees including trainees and permanent staff. The firm audits around 60 % of the local companies from private and public sector. My responsibility: I was a member of an audit team and was responsible for planning the audit, collecting documents and records from the client in order to perform the audit. During the process, i would work with the finance department of the client and submit a report to my audit mangager regarding my findings and any deviations from the scope of the audit.
I learned most of the IS audit related things while working in EY, Team and management were very helpful. Therefore I could work with enjoyable way although I have responsibilities.
It was a great opportunity to be part of EY structure. Experience and Management guide was excellent for a beginner. Support and Help provided by senior and top management was splendid.
i have not much experience in working there. since i have worked there only for 6 months. during that time managers are really helpful and concern about people. it is a job that we can do while studying.
Excellent experience working Given the opportunity to grow and maximize your talent and ability while studying and getting on the job training as an auditor
EY is a place where I have been able to sharpen my technical skills on Financing and Risk & Control sectors. Also, I was able to improve my leadership skills, in order to lead a team to achieve towards Goals and objectives.
Worked for a period of 3+ years as an Auditor. There was a lot of work including more than 20 hours at a stretch (only occasionally). Management was not close with the staff (discrimination). But I learnt a lot of stuff to be honest.
It is great place to get the financial exposure from every perspective of a company. The various industrial experience gained from the place is amazing.