EY

EY Employee Reviews in Alpharetta, GA

With the right management team, you will succeed.Team has different meanings in different places. There are opportunities for growth if you can pave your own way.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Favorites are played among employees
EY ensures you have what you need to succeed and thrive in their environment. Your career is in your hands and there’s plenty of assistance available.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, tons of perks for mental and physical health, great work culture
Cons
Vision plan isn’t that great
EY is a nice place to work because it offers the freedom to forge your own career path, but you must be patient and build your network and your brand.
This company wasn't perfect, but it's about as close as you can get! I honestly felt that they had confidence in the abilities of each and every one of their employees, which means a lot! The only thing I hated were the politics!! In fact, my stay was very short because of it. Our whole team was disbanded because of it.
Pros
I love Work Life Balance! Also, they treat you like a valuable professional.
Cons
Politics
I only have great things to say about EY, from the culture, management, advancement. All good. Honestly compensation could be better, as well as, healthcare. However this is a challenge for all of Corporate America.
In my short time while at E&Y, I noticed a slave-master environment. Barely noticed anyone really happy working there. It was roughly 90% Indian and very, very few white and black people working there. Folks appeared to be over work, stress level was very high, some folks associate directors were cussing just to motivate developers to do their jobs. It was very oppressive environment to work in, I thought I was working in a Third world country. I was so happy when my contracted ended. I've never seen a work environment like that before. I had a close friend of mine say the same thing when she worked there as well.
Pros
Free lunches after every sprint
Cons
false appearances of good work environment, people were miserable
This was not a good experience. Worked for a Manager that had 3 previous new hire turnovers within a 6 month time frame. It was like being in a boarding school. Micro-managed a lot. I was hired to do one thing and after I started the position changed.
The project was an internal development that included global staff. I took over a previously established project, and had to learn all the management and financial processes for reporting progress. There was some cultural differences which had to be resolved. The project solution that was being developed was not the most optimal, and finally this was realized, and my team was laid off to assign to another team with different skills that were a better solution.
you need to be proactive. network is more important in EY. If you have network you can survive in the Job. Lot to learn. remote working culture. good place to work.
I would not recommend going into one of the SDC options but if you are able to get into advisory, that will be great. However be ready to spent a good part of your life working and trying to get really good at your craft.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Overall EY is a good company with nice people and decent work environment. As we any company, improvements can be and are being made. I would recommend EY.
Great company. Great benefits. Some managers are bad and need to be replaced but most of the people are fantastic. More work was sent overseas where it was cheaper.
EY has a great culture and an interesting work environment. While working here I've been exposed to different cross-functional teams from all over US and learned to manage and thrive in the diverse work environment.
Global IT Services group is in a constant state of restructuring and chaos without clear direction or guidance from Senior Management. Initiatives are not clearly defined, no one is exactly sure what their job is, where it is going or how to effectively perform it and with a vacuum of direction from leadership, this unfortunate situation is likely never to change. Lack of confidence in IT leadership has led to this environment, and yet the "bad apples" of leadership manage to hold on to their positions, causing the cycle to repeat when they repeatedly fail in each new structure. There is no feeling of job security as people are brought in and shed as often as direction is changed; tenure, position and seniority are not a security that can be counted on. Organization is currently on a bent to offshore as many positions as possible to meet an impossible financial goal with no consideration of impact on work quality, business support or cultural health. Hopefully one day they will stop knee-jerk solutions for quick wins and learn that offshoring is not "THE" smoking gun, and that a balance of careful, thoughtful off-shore programs and on-shore support will initiate a viable long-term solution.
Pros
Remote Working Supported, Decent Benefits, Good Work-Life Balance
Cons
No Job Security, Constant Chaos, No Clear Long-Term Roadmap
Throughout my time at Ernst & Young I was run through the gauntlet in a positive manner. While the workplace is fast-paced and challenging, you could always rest assured that your work made a difference in the world. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to reliably count on your co-workers.
Pros
Recreational activities outside of work to encourage team building.
Cons
At my location, management could have looked out for the employees and watched for burnout.
Interesting and sometimes bleeding edge technology, but management tended to micromanage too often. Peers were usually nice. Some politics in most groups.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great company, but felt under compensated for the field I work in. Other companies that have the same work field make $15,000 more starting. Work atmosphere is good.
I was in the Alpharetta technology office. The technology group has a terrible reputation with the business "leaders", the business micromanages the IT group, and the IT group is blamed for any bad business decisions. They tried to implement Agile, but do not include business users in the agile groups and developers are in india, so it frequently misses expectations. Project Managers have god-like status, but they don't do any of the work. They hate "change" because it forces project changes, so no matter how beneficial to the project, do not suggest changes. If you raise concerns or opportunities, this is a 'bad change' and 'disruptive', even on agile projects. They would not approve training for our group, but you were expected to magically know all the new tools and software they wanted to implement.
Pros
Lots of interesting projects
Cons
very little contact with business and zero contact with clients
Work on key strategic initiative Mercury Program and people work with were absolutely the BEST!!! When you work with great people push to you be better both professionally as well as within the Community. EY supports your efforts
Pros
Great
Cons
NOne
Had a great experience in the functional domain of the tool I worked in. The project I was involved in required a lot of work to be done on a daily basis. There were weeks were I had logged in 77hrs . The work life balance in the last 18mos were not great at all. The technologies used in my tool and in most of the projects in my floor were still not new. For ex: Angular 2 was the ui framework used.
Pros
You'll learn about the functional domain
Cons
NO work life balance, Unacceptable deadlines
I would rather be anonymous and not post any of my feedback at this time due to i may or may not be a current employee their . Perhaps at a later date when or if i move on I will add more