EY

EY Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

EY is an amazing company, and it is very difficult not to be in love with it. They truly go by what they say, whenever you join and however long you stay, EY gives you an experience which lasts a lifetime.
Worked here 15 plus years. Retiring in April. Amazing place to work! I would recommend EY to anyone. In a world of so much uncertainty, this firm provided me with the comfort and growth I look for in a corporate business.
Pros
Pay, benefits, company perks
Cons
I didnt take advantage of all the amazing opportunities.
Like working for a secret society - never know who your boss is. Totally mixed bag - really smart people as well as vicious partners. Watch your back.
Pros
Events
Cons
Lack of leadership
The job upon starting was great! I quickly learned (inside of 6 months) that the person I was primarily supporting did not like me. Never came to me directly; went to admin Manager. The training did not set me up for success; definitely for failure. I didn't know what I didn't know.. Definitely people working there that were untouchable and some of the most challenging people to work with (these people were in administrative positions - NOT EXECUTIVES!). Literally, had to gift folks in certain position to help me do my job. I was dumb-founded. High-level and visible position and was trained for two weeks. The person who trained received a promotion and just wanted to move on. I did have a mentor but because we didn't really relate to one another (culturally different), a waste of time. But the person was able to use that as credit to them working and being a team player. I was told I did not engage enough by admin manager... If I work with you one on one why go to someone outside of the group. I was encouraged to be "too friendly" and it was something I failed at miserably...mainly because I don't have the knack of being fake. Was moved to a different department. Worked out much better. However, it was lower tier and it literally was like crabs in a bucket. cliques and favorites. If you are not a big social person you have to navigate very carefully. Meaning; be everything to everybody. Just wanted to do job and go home. Others opinions of you became a part of your review and led to fake chats and "Hi's & Byes". you could be interrupted a gazillion times - more...
Pros
Lots of food and snacks, great perks, good pay
Cons
work life balance, terrible communication, too much bureaucracy
Obviously depended on service line but often you are overworked and underpaid. You learn a ton but it doesn’t always feel like it is worth it. I have had some great teams and some not so great teams.
This is the best place to start your career. You learn so much and can easily parlay your experience here into fantastic industry jobs. Know that you will be working long hours at times, but the Company is great about letting you take your time off during the slower periods. I'd highly recommend at least getting a taste of the Big 4 experience!
Great people, heavy workload, poor work/life balance - at least this is my experience in the audit practice. However, as everyone says, it is truly a great launch if moving up the ranks in a company (EY or not) is what you want to do. Over the year I worked here, I just discovered it's not what I want out of life.
Pros
People, perks, development
Cons
Work load, work/life balance
A little old fashioned and rigid. Typical Accounting firm personalities. The BU I supported was short staffed and most HRBP's were overworked and unhappy.
Ppl wouldn’t show up on time and then would call out 3 hours later. Constant running around (which helped me lose weight) but when there is only 1 elevator for 1500 ppl in the same building was frustrating so I had to use the stairs and the building was 20 stories tall. No accountability so everyone was pointing fingers at everyone else.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Had to pay for parking-even as a temp when I 1st started
My position at allowed me to use a vast array of skills from design to programming. I am heartbroken that the reason it's over was due to COVID-19 affecting the company financially. Contractors, in any organization, tend to be the first to be let go. Still, I wouldn't trade my time there for anything.
EY, probably similar to other Big 4 firms, has so many tools, talent, and experience at your fingertips. I was able to see large and small clients with groundbreaking technology next to the brightest in my field. I would 100% go back to work with them.
Great firm, some of the best years in my career. The culture, compensation, and opportunity to grow were outstanding. Client assignments were Fortune 200.
Great place to gain work experience As a professional, I have extensive experience in Business Transformation which includes Program/Project Management, Relationship Management, Process Improvement, Technology and Performance Management.
Pros: Big 4 branding to carry with for a lifetime. Good trainings Cons: Really depends on your reporting manager/leader. Overall some great minds to work alongside. Stretch hours during peak times of the engagement.
The EY environment provides a balanced but challenging atmosphere in which an individual can actively succeed and thrive, whilst simultaneously advancing their career.
Pros
Free Lunches, long lunch break, great teams
Cons
long hours, stressful at times
EY does not appreciate the employees. Instead of helping and giving constructive advice they (she) was quit to put you down as well as talk down like everyone was incompetent
I do not choose to disclose this information. I do not wish to disclose my experience at this organization. As I am simply looking to apply for roles for where my experience would be essential and seen as a valuable asset.
US job seekers should be aware that you are always at risk of being laid off in favor of cheaper labor overseas. Good vacation and benefits. Salaries tend to be average.
Good Place to work, Team Environment Great Location Great Tools Good online course site Company that support community events Company that has multiple global locations
It’s alright it is a ton of work and work life balance isn’t great. The culture is supportive so it is worth it. It is nice being able to work in different locations with different people.
Fair pace of work given the client-service environment; positive working environment with mostly great people; strong in diversity for a professional service org; compensation could be higher