EY

EY Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Numerous opportunitiesEncourages innovation and being a self starterChampions diversity and inclusive leadershipNice people who work hard and love what they do
Pros
Culture, caliber of people, compensation
Cons
A matrix organization requires broad consensus to get things done
EY used to be a great place to work, in terms of the job itself, purpose, and coworkers. That is, until they started laying off the support services in waves. Now many of those teams are staffed by offshore contractors. Gone are the dedicated employees with 15+ years at EY- all that knowledge, connections within other teams, experience- GONE. Replaced with people who just respond 'out of scope', limited knowledge of company and its teams, and no ownership.
Pros
pay, work/life balance
Cons
mass layoffs within services teams
I loved working at EY and having it on my resume. In the end, though, I’m not interested in finance or tax or accounting so I left for something more fulfilling. Great colleagues - smart, ethical, dedicated
Pros
Reputation, compensation, training, reaources
Cons
The subject matter did not inspire me
Now security director is a wonderful person he will work with you the people above him not so much. Sometimes you're called to do things that are not in your job description and you'll put up with a lot more things for so little pay (thus the people above security director)also a lot of drama having to do with the people you work with often they are slackers with nasty attitudes but some coworkers are the complete opposite and will work well with youand will work well with you
Pros
Great for experience; good working environment to a degree!
Cons
The higher-ups are usually known to be very cheap, they also frequently conduct different contracts with management, a lot of times because they don't want to come out of pocket more than they have to, Their motto the cheaper the better!
Hours can be brutal and compensation is not great for entry level - middle management. Advancement is almost guaranteed so long as that the individual is qualified and performing.
An amazing company to work for - great compensation and amazing benefits. Flexible work schedule - including 4 - 10hr days and work from home options.
Company is great, my department however was incompetent and archaic. Nothing was ever completed on time and communication was lackluster at best. great perks
Pros
free lunch
Cons
parking
Sky's the limit on what you can do at EY if you have the right management looking out for you, work is demanding and the hours can be long, lunch is typically taken at your desk (but there's a beautiful break room for those who have the time to use it), it is what you chose to make of it, EXCELLENT place to work, some managers are much, much better than others, but the squeaky wheel can plead for the correct match, yes the work is demanding but the pay and benefits make it well worth your time.
Pros
Benefits are great; very understanding re sick time; too many perks to list.
Cons
Long hours, a tendency to have "favorites" who advanced when others didn't, Some management (not all) was not good, Others were fantastic, It was luck of the draw on who managed who, my manager did not know what I did and it effected my career and my attitude a great deal.
Great opportunities to grow your career. Work-life balance presented to all which allows you to mold your advancement within the firm. Exposed to diverse cultures, therefore have the chance to learn from difference people's management style, experiences and educational levels.
Flexibility to work from home is huge. Lots of opportunities to get training. The culture is great. Maternity leave is amazing. Firm is constantly looking to improve time off for its employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
EY is a great place to develop your career. You have all the opportunities to grow. It has a focused people development strategy. EY also helps promote a better working world by providing valuable insights to its clients and being a catalyst of change not only in the business world but to our community. Working in EY is fun as you get to learn while working. You will be working with great people and mentors and you will get a vast experience communicating and interacting with clients. People has a great work culture with promotes diversity, openness and equality.
Pros
Opportunities to travel, interaction with people
Cons
Extended long hours
The company goes above and beyond for their employees in terms of work/life commitment. Good benefits. The people in the firm were wonderful, smart and committed.
Pros
Full time position, work from home opportunity
EY has a set of values that it consistently delivers on. The culture is generally good. Training opportunities are many. I have learned a great many skills in my 22 years at the firm.
It is good place to work but does not have diverse technical projects. It would be great if they had tech centers with experienced mentors so that technology driven projects are more innovative.
EY is a great company to work at, but if you are a boomer they think that you are technologically inferior to anyone younger. Not sure why they feel that way!
Pros
time off, sick time, personal and vacation, also WFH days
Cons
no job advancement for baby boomers
I learned a great deal at E&Y. I was a changed agent that had the opportunity to run many in-house and client initiatives. Best trasining in the world.
Know what to expect when joining a consulting firm. Long hours, client work is challenging, expected bill hours, competitive environment, high burnout.
I enjoyed a very long tenure with this firm. It's very diverse and always a great stepping stone on learning new technologies, equipment and ideas. Management listens and values your opinions.
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
Good place to work just looking for new opportunities. Really enjoy the people and the work life balance. EY really supports working women and career life balance
The basic culture of the company supports advancement, just not in my department. It doesn't matter how hard you work or the experience you have. you cannot get anywhere.
The day of a virtual executive assistant is never the same one to the next, which is what keeps it most interesting. The requests are as varied as the individuals to whom I am assigned. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork and working among other dedicated, professional executive assistants.
Pros
The people, the benefits
Cons
There are those few in every company who are not dedicated or serious.