EY

EY Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Upon joining EY, I was hired for a different role than the one I am in currently. While I found my initial role fulfilling in the beginning, I was looking for more challenges and realized that in-order for my career to advance the way I wanted to was if I moved over to a client facing position within the firm. Through extensive internal networking and internal support, EY leadership was gracious enough to not only allow me the opportunity to interview for the group I was interested in but also made a huge exception for me to join after interviewing. It is a true testament to their commitment for their employees professional and personal growth. I could not be more thankful to work at such a great firm. I am currently very happy with my role and am excited for the continued challenges and opportunities that await.
Pros
Career advancement, Management, Culture
EY was a great company to work for. Good benefits and compensations. Provided a great working environment and heavily focused on team work. Ample training was provided to excel in tasks.
Pros
Working atmosphere. Values teamwork
Cons
Logging and keeping track of time for tasks
Each day presents a new challenge but you are working with a lot of smart people so you learn a lot and get to experience new things that add to overall career growth.
After 15 + years with the firm, the culture has taken a shift for the worse. Poor work-life balance. Unlimited vacation = no vacation. Progression is slow from Staff to Senior Manager. Few mentoring and development opportunities.
A great place to start your accounting career. Expect to work hard however. Quite a bit of politics, but if you are able to navigate and except that, you'll fit right in.
Virtual model, 90+ EA's on a floor and 200+ in the US supporting various executives across the firm sectors. It was a learning experience and I gained skills and a strong work ethic. I left due to the lack of transparency from managers and leadership; low moral on the team; promotions and advancement is based on who you know and how competitive you are and what manager you have; not based on your work ethic, attendance, teaming attitude and the various hats you wear to support departments when short handed. Good for entry level assistants, I wouldn't suggest experienced assistants to apply if you are looking to advance your career.
Pros
Pay and PTO is descent.
Cons
Smokey mirrors and lack of transparency from leaderships and managers
Great place to work. Really enjoyed my time. Management was extremely supportive of my desires and needs. Compensation package was great. Thoroughly enjoyed my time.
This review is specifically for the Consulting role.For most people, the main pull of this job is going to be job advancement. While the firm pays a lot of lip service to promoting based on performance over tenure, this isn't entirely true. In practice, there are still a minimum amount of time they want you to spend in each role. Only the absolute top performers (think culture coin) are able to get around this. Additionally, this timeline is changing and can be longer depending on who you roll up to. So, while your area might think it should take 3 years minimum to the next level, other areas will promote at 2 years. The travel aspect of the role is worse in practice than it is on paper. You may think at the travel percentage and think that it is manageable. Make sure to take into consideration that 4 days before your flight, you might not know when or where you traveling to. You truly must like travelling for work. This is different than normal travel. You will be in a crowded room with your team until most of the employees at the client have left. You are then typically encouraged to go to a team dinner. This can frequently result in you leaving your hotel at 8AM and not getting back until 9PM. This must be something you WANT to do. I was initially neutral on travelling for work, but I gradually began to hate it as time went on. Other notes: The type of projects you will be on a largely out of your control. Where you are travelling for you projects are largely out of your control. The compensation is competitive with other Big 4, but don't ever calculate your hourly - more...
Pros
Expensing meals while traveling, job advancement (typically)
Cons
Travel, uncertainty, work life balance
Lots of work and lots of learning but it almost felt like a clique that you had to break into. If you didn’t have the right people on your side, then you would likely get the bad/unwanted assignments.
Great job to learn a lot of information quickly, though that generally means you're constantly busy. Expect to work long and stressful hours during the first 3 months of the year. Management is generally good but its dependent on particular teams so sometimes it can be hard to adjust to different management styles when switching engagements. Best part of the job is that most of the staff/analysts are similar in age so its easy to make decent friends at work.
Pros
Exposure to large and noticeable clients, opportunities to interact with executive leadership
Cons
Poor work-life balance, sub-par benefits, rigid promotion structure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
EY does a good job of convincing you that you should stay until manager; however, there is no one ensuring that you are set up for success after a certain point. Get in, make senior, get OUT!
Pros
Good exposure
Cons
No work life balance
Great place to work. Excellent co-worker. This company is about helping the employees and customer(s). We may be slow sometimes and to keep us working, we are assigned projects to keep us working. I really appreciate this due to the time like this. Awesome place to work.
I love, love, love this job! It could of definitely been a long time career. It has so much flexibility and opportunities to work from home. A team of like minded individuals to work with.
Good company to work for, excellent pay and good benefits... The come is pretty strict but expect excellent in each employees.. Plus the management team has a good open door policy...
Invaluable experience at a top accounting firm. Unforgettable management and invested co-workers help create a dynamic and challenging work environment.
Good place to build upon introductory skills as a new college graduate; not so much for experienced hires, unless you've established yourself within the firm by playing the long game(4+ years). Be methodoical about your personal goals and keep to yourself as much as humanly possible. Think really hard about who you trust, as many are willing to railroad your tragectory to get ahead of you.
The key here is networking to find better opportunities or you’ll fall into a trap. They also tend to take advantage of hard workers and respect people willing to play politics; understandably so, since this IS a corporate environment, afterall. Compensation is awful and the people getting paid more tend to lack competency and good judgement but are somehow expected to lead the team.
I have definitely learned a lot during my ten week internship. I got to work in different engagements and grasp a great sense of teamwork and culture at big 4.
The benefits are awesome; consequently, the pathway to excel for Core Business Service employees has not been designed. The workday is fulfilling and many opportunities are available to learn. The company sternly promotes work-life balance.
My view of EY is rather screwed because I worked remotely and our tenure there was only 8 months due to a departmental lay-off. With that being said, I was impressed with the positive and supportive attitude of that firm! I from the peer counselor assigned to me, to the constant effort to provide information and education that would enhance my experience as an employee and growth as a professional.
The firm's work environment is not in alignment with how they present themselves to the world. Especially if you are a POC. The firm habitually has a hard time maintaining these employees and it's for good reason. POC are often over looked for opportunities, unless they have straight hair, blonde hair, or a British accent. You'll notice how the firm loves to parade Eurasian women and leave out those who cannot "pass." And the only non-Eurasians the firm is concerned with are those they can put on display to show how "inclusive" they are... even if that inclusion is 1 individual. This place is a fallacy and I would not recommend working here.