EY

EY Employee Reviews in Detroit, MI

My duties allowed me to be the first point of contact, with this encounter generates what will be my next task. I handle all incoming calls, hoteling reservations, schedule meetings and arrange lunch and dinners for meetings for that day. I handle visitor badges and I take pictures for the ID badges. I am a liaison for the building engineer. I maintain the companies phone directory for our region and many other clerical task. The company provides training. Employees are recognized both privately and publicly throughout the cooperation. The hardest part of my job is clearing out my emails each day. The most enjoyable part of my job are the pleasant employees.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Having your department outsourced.
The workplace culture is inclusive and supportive. Leadership stands for equality and that tone at the top is executed locally. The people make this place great.
Pros
Compensation is excellent
Cons
Work life balance is a challenge
The project lasted for much shorter time than expected. The staff was rude & not cooperative. The nature of the work was not stimulating The company in general was good but the department I worked was not up to mark
Hired for remote, flex schedule, and overtime as needed. Took this job for the work life balance. After I left my job and started was advised the job would not be remote or flex schedule and that I would be required to work 7 days a week. It is like working for Quicken Loans, it is good for someone fresh out of college to get some experience but only if you are willing to work 80 hours a week and be available 24/7.
Pros
They sell you on the work life balance
Cons
There is no work life balance
Stressful but you get the opportunity to solve complex problems and learn lots of new skills. Advancement is highly based on who you are on good terms with.
You will have the opportunity to grow as a professional with a diverse group of highly talented and ambitious people. The training and leadership development is best in class.
If you are young person looking for a job with great benefits and opportunities for growth. The work life balance may not be the best but the pay and perks are great.
I wake up (9) get dressed, work from home(8), take care of animals and dogs(9), make my coffee.(2) Sit and comb through emails where my boss is hitting on me.(1) Overly worked with amount of salary given. (3) I learned that you cannot rely on other coworks as much as they depend on you. (7) The most enjoyable part of my job is staying at home for 9/10 of the month. (6) Work office life is not that bad besides the travel time. (6) Hardest part of the job is the volume of whats expected.(2) L.Brazon
Pros
stay at home
Cons
Alot of hours
Public Accounting, this is normal the long hours during busy season! Once you reach management, you must like to sell products in order to do well, if not, it will be challenging to move forward with your career progression. Great overall company culture, inclusive and fast paced, must be flexible.
Great place to work, great exposure to professionals, good benefits. This is a great environment for someone who wants to work in public accounting for the long term.
The people you work for and with are superb. The company has good benefits and offers opportunities for personal and professional development. Many learning opportunities.
Pros
Growth opportunities
EY has wonderful benefits and a great culture, but it can be difficult finding a work/life balance at times due to responsibilities and extreme demands.
this is an Accenture-wanna-be company. very cut-throat, partner driven culture. sales and business development positions are treated like 2nd rate citizens and basically have to beg to be included in the sales process. very disfunctional at best. don't join this company if you've lead large sales organizations before...you'll be disappointed.
Pros
nice offices
Cons
read the above
My experience at EY was not great, I did not connect well with the senior in charge of my project and that poor relationship did not lead to a very enjoyable experince
E&Y offers a great place to develop a professional career across many practices. Deep knowledge and resources to serve clients across a range of challenges.
Pros
Wide ranging opportunities
Cons
Work/Life balance
Learned about various methods of public accounting. Excellent place for determining how many hours you can work in one day with reasonable efficiency.
It is a great place to work with a fast pace, hard working environment. They have great D&I presence and make all feel welcome. They provide a lot of training opportunities.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, beautiful hub and kitchen area for breaks and gatherings.
Cons
Having to hotel/reserve a seat vs having an assigned seat.
I've learned a tremendous amount of skills and have experienced a lot of of business processes, risks and controls within various industries. There is a ton of flexibility, but little work life balance. Essentially, work goes home with you once you leave the office and it's at least 45 hour weeks and upwards to 60-70, depending on deadlines. People are mostly down to earth and cool, but they are all super career focused.
Pros
free happy hours, good benefits, flexibility
Cons
long hours, no work life balance
I was with EY 3 times and absolutely loved the culture. Unfortunately, recently the healthcare consulting practice hired in direct partners who do not fit well with the familial culture.
Pros
Education, travel, family, coaching
Cons
New partners unwilling to engage with team
Great Place to start your Career. You work a lot of hours and a lot is expected out of you. There are typical times of the year for downtime and everyone encourages everyone to take the time off when needed.
Pros
Cons
Work Life Balance
Good work environment, good culture. Lack of interpersonal relationships with clients though. Would recommend for a entry level position