EY

EY Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

A good place to start your corporate career, wherever I go I get recognized by the EY brand, I'm EY-Alumni forever. I learned about the culture and I'm proud I chose EY.
I love working at EY. I am in an admin position. There is great flexibility, the work environment is positive, and the benefits offered are impressive. They really take care of and care about their employees at a local as well as national level.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Flexibility
Learning is accelerated and extremely fast-paced; however, hours are typically long, even during the "slow" months. The people are the best part of this job. The team environment is great. I would recommend this job to any college graduate with an accounting/finance degree.
A decent place if you want to be on a partner track and are ready to make sacrifices with personal life. Work life balance is not really considered and its a cut throat environment
I enjoyed working at EY, the flexible work schedules to accomodate family and personal life is outstanding. There are so many webinars and ways to gain needed skills. Years at EY were very valuable to me.
Pros
Flexibility, access to learning
Cons
n/a
E&Y is a very professional firm that is branded in a way that makes doing business with them a "safe decision". You simply get what you expect...excellence. The firm focuses on personal development and growth and fosters a collaborative environment that is both fun and productive.
Pros
Learning organization, work environment, collaborative learning, strong pay and benefits
At my time there, an average of 50 hours per week was expected. I did not work weekends, typically, as a manager. Good training opportunities. Excellent promotional opportunities.
This is a fantastic company! I would highly recommend applying for a position. Good people, great place to work, they have Social Responsibility and help you with work/life balance.
Pros
Positive People
Cons
n/a
Great to start as a single person with driven attitude or to hire in at a manager or above level. More difficult to find work/life balance if you have susbstantial hobbies/family members. Is more like "we let you go do you family event, now work afterward at night and on the weekend to make up for it". Depends on what you value more. You will advace quickly and make good money. But they pay for a reason.
I enjoyed my time working at EY. I wish I could have retire from the Company. EY allow me to move from Cleveland, Ohio to Indianapolis Indiana and I enjoyed the experience.
Pros
A global market
Cons
Becoming more profit mind
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Overall a good place to work. The department I worked in could be stressful at times. They tended to treat the Professional people better than the Administration people
great place to work,get to learn a lot and work with a lot of smart people. great work life balance, the pay is fair. depending on the office the culture can vary
EY was an excellent company to work for in the Government & Public Sector. There is a very mature culture in place of career development, mentoring, and some of the best benefits you will ever come across.
Pros
Salary, Unlimited Sick Leave, Paternity Leave, Overall Benefits Package
Cons
Business Development Requirements
Work-Life Balance is hard to achieve. You only get what you give and if you're not willing to give up your time, it is perceived as unwillingness to cooperate.
Great place to learn from some really intelligent individuals. It allows great exposure to big companies with a wide variety of industries that you can specialize in.
Global accounting firm with great compensation and benefits. Opportunities for specialization and advancement. Smart professional co-workers and good management.
Pros
High performers throughout the organization
Cons
Too much overtime
Great company to work for. Hired because of knowledge of Lilly. Supported 200 EY consultants. Proud to say that Partners of the firm would only allow me to work on their laptops.
Pros
Worked for E&Y
Cons
EY is a great place to work because of the people, the culture, and the benefits. The heavy emphasis on teamwork and the hiring process create an atmosphere of accomplishment. There is great client exposure and I worked in healthcare, real estate, and manufacturing. I was also responsible for ten inventory observation assignments which included traveling to the client warehouse, preparing documentation, and meeting deadlines set by the team. I improved most in task organization, communication, and efficiency. The most enjoyable part of my work at Ernst & Young happened when I received positive feedback on a project. Because of the size of Ernst & Young and many of its clients, I would only work on 1-3 accounts and various projects. Since I am searching for a new job, I would like to work somewhere I can work with more of the accounting/auditing process. I believe this would give me a more holistic view of the project and would offer opportunities to complete tasks with more consistency.
The job would suck a lot more if the people there weren't so cool
I started out here as general admin and through encouragement of the group I supported went back to school and obtained my accounting degree. As a result I have received three promotions in my eight years here. This a great place to learn and grow. EY offers great flexibility to accomplish both your professional and personal goals.
Pros
Great learning envirnoment
Cons
Long hours, high demand
Great learning experience in getting public accounting experience. Got to see multiple clients and industries.
Pros
AMEX card, Points, and free dinners
Cons
Busy season, frat/sorority kind of groups, and just exhaustion when your a senior
  1. Indianapolis, IN