EY

EY Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Great place to work. Work is normally appreciated. Sometime very busy / stressful. Great amount of flexibility. Fair payment I would say. Overall, happy to work here.
Great place to learn and grow, job security and pay is fair. They have tried to support during Covid but the work life balance is barely existent. They ensured we had the tools, internet coverage etc but their are no boundaries now.
Pros
Total compensation package
Cons
Work life
Great benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule, holidays, good health benefits, 401k match. Management do their best to keep employees safe during this unprecedented times.
Very good people and culture but the work can be a hit or miss. Sometimes you’ll be expected to work many extra hours even during weekends depending on management
The hours were pretty bad year round, but you do learn a lot, which sets you up to be successful once you leave the firm. Good benefits, culture is hit or miss depending on your engagements. A good place to spend a couple of years, learn and leave.
EY is a great firm that cares about their employees. I have been with the firm 24 years and they have always made me feel as if I matter. EY has made Forbes top 100 list for over 25 years and it is well deserved.
Pros
People First, Great Benefits
Cons
n/a
I had a number of good and challenging engagements that I performed well at. and received good feedback for. However, my practice lead and performance manager took a disliking to me and continually belittled and marked down key work, was completely lacking in encouragement or support, yet who sought all decisions to be centralized through them.Exceptionally toxic work environment.
Pros
Compensation; global opportunities
Cons
See above critique.
No longer what it used to be. A lot of politics and stress from upper level management. Often times require OT and work that is unbillable to satisfy clients.
Great place to start off or land mid- career. Advancing to top PPMDD level is a bit vague and there are obviously no guarantees. If that's your goal, make absolutely certain you want the role - if so, expect to blink and be retirement age. The firm is a great place to learn, but people here are mostly "takers."
Pros
Great learning opportunity, broad exposure to different engagement types
Cons
Favoritism, people don't practice what they preach
I have enjoyed my last 2 years at the job. I would recommend it to anyone as a good starting place of employment right out of college. It has trained me very well
Culture and ability to grow really stands out at EY. You’re always challenged and will have support to help you succeed. Best coworkers you’ll ever have. Pay at the senior manager level salary wise is comparable to market however loses out to industry with equity and bonus (assurance)
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Work life balance can be a struggle
Best work experience for me. A great team including partner. Interested in my development. Most partners have an open door policy unlike other Big 4 firms.
Pros
Culture, benefits
Cons
Work-life-balance but this is to be expected at most accounting firms
Difficult environment. If a person is in favor by a higher up, they advance, regardless of whether they deserve it. A month after I started, I was told that I was never going to get promoted bc they already had too many people at a certain band level - this is directly opposite of what the “culture” supports.
If you are in audit practice, you will be overworked and underpaid. It is just a nature of the beast. Busy season is unbearable and if you are on a difficult client, you may work 55 hours all year. Trying to switch departments will be met with resistance no matter if you are a high performer. Lots of micromanagers and nobody cares if you are stressed.
Pros
Free dinners and cab rides during busy season
Cons
Everything you can think of
There is no work/life balance at all. They make you work an insane amount of hours.There is no rationale to compensation. It's all about when and how you enter the firm. You could be a senior making $70,000 while there's a senior on your team doing the same exact things you're doing but making $80,000 because they transferred from another firm or signed their contract at a different time
Benefits
Cons
EY can really be an amazing or horrible experience. It depends on the projects you get staffed on. They can either be amazing and develop you. Or sometimes they can be stressful and limiting
Management does not seem to care about development of younger resources. I have been working for numerous managers who give me positive feedback, yet we are not compensated accordingly and am nervous about job security.
Toxic work culture. Benefits and pay were pretty good. Too many hours and the expectation of nights and weekends means they get to take over your life whenever they feel like it.
I feel like my job is secure and there’s a lot of opportunity for growth. However I don’t feel like I am compensated fairly for my work, and my work is not very meaningful
During my time with the firm I was able to gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and first hand experience with a wide variety of professional services. It was a fantastic learning experience and feel fortinute for my time I was able to have with firm.
There are no free rides at EY...everyone is expected to bring their A game everyday and they are expected to pull their weight. There are no cutting corners and if you keep your head down and do well you will go far.
Pros
Paid Leave (maternity and paternity)
Cons
Long hours, sometimes often unappreciated