EY

EY Employee Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Great for jumpstarting your career. Great to stay until manager or senior manager to get experience and leadership, however once you leave you realize partners are more concerned with filling jobs and clients vs you staying with the company
Pros
Experience and exposure. Always learning
Cons
Benefits arent great, long hours
Pros: great resume-builder working at a company respected and recognized pretty much anywhere in the word. good progression and career opportunities.Cons: long hours, churn and burn mentality
If you're high achieving, it's a great place to be. Like any of the big four, there will be long hours at times. But there can be perks such as gas, generous meal allowances when you travel, etc, to provide you a sense of joy while working those long hours.
Ernest and Young was a very competitive, demanding, and stressful job. The pressures were great but they contributed greatly to my professional development.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
No time for a real private life
It was a very difficult job that I was unhappy at. Long days, little interaction with others, strenuous and time-consuming work. On top of all that, I learned very little.
It was great to work with professionals from E&Y and Wounded Project. They were very helpful and I have learned a lot. It's a great practical experience.
The staff was very helpful and provided adequate training, so I could become an effective team member. The assignments as an Intern provided a wide range of exposure to the transfer pricing world and allowed me to get a thorough understanding of what transfer pricing entailed.
You need to put your time in but flexibility is a practiced concept there.
Exposed to significant accounting functions where I gained hands on experience dealing with complex situations.
Pros
Experience
Cons
hours
Typical day at work was a 10 to 16 hour day. Always something new to learn. I have learned ins and outs of their proprietary software, history of some software, and some tricks I did not know about Windows Registry. Management and co-workers were great. Always helpful and made the work day enjoyable. My boss inspired me to work harder. A typical workday felt like it went by in a couple hours. The job really was not hard. The hardest part was not talking about work and clients due to confidentiality laws. Most enjoyable part about the job was the job and team I worked for. They were inspiring. It felt like working with a bunch of old friends. It did not feel like work.
Pros
Great management, work environment, hour lunch, free dinner, breakfast
Cons
Long work days. Otherwise none.
E&Y taught me the skills to launch and run a successful consulting practice
Pros
baptism of fire!
Cons
travel