EY

EY Employee Reviews in San Jose, CA

A great place to work with great clients but don't expect anything but a lot of stress.The technologies used make it harder to get your work done which is frustrating many times.
El único problema fue el área donde laboraba, por su naturaleza era de mucho trabajo y por ende se tenía que sacrificar el tiempo libre y no por culpa de los líderes de área sino por los mismos compromisos con nuestros clientes; por lo demás un excelente ambiente, condiciones de trabajo, metodología para ejecutar extraordinario.
EY is one of the best places to start your career. The atmosphere in EY US is collaborative, encouraging, challenging. The management is is very supportive and open minded.
I love working with my team. I love my clients and there is always new things to learn. Learn new regulation They have good culture and very organized.
A fast-past constantly changing firm - must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be able to prioritize and project manage. Lots of opportunity for professional development and managing your career. In-person learning and virtual learning opportunities are available to everyone in the firm. A global operating model - team are global so must be able to handle calls outside of regular business hours to accommodate global time zones. Great people culture - lots of good teaming.
I only left this employer to obtain CPA licensure. The hours were very long and it made it difficult to find time to study for the CPA exams in a practical manner.
Having been working at EY for 2 years, I have grown my knowledge in tax and technology combined field and developed my skills and understanding in data analysis and data management. A good place for people to start.
- Fantastic benefits and work life balance for non-client facing employess - Partners generally are great to work with and very professional - Great place to work for networking
Pros
Great benefits and work life balance
Cons
Pay is below what you can get in industry
The client comes first and you have to have a do whatever it takes attitude in order to serve the client. This involves working long days and weekends. The employees are highly skilled and you can learn from all of the other employees.
Pros
Employees are smart and work hard, team environment
Cons
Work long hours and weekends
EY is a fantastic career choice for anybody who is lucky enough to be hired here. They have a clear path to promotion, but also support employees who transition into industry. It is hard work, but rewarding and leads to many opportunities.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Would not work here ever again. They drain their employees, there is not work life balance. It is very clickish organization... the hardest part of the job was navigating the organizational relationships.
EY was a great environment to learn and grow. The company has extremely high expectations for their employees, but my work experience was a very positive one.
The firm top management provided lip service to the idea that all employees were valued. At office level the partners I supported were unwilling to provide useful feedback.
A variety of things you can learn from the firm . However, the career growth opportunity highly depends on the team you work with and also economic situation. For the long term, it's a great company to work with, but for short term, the situation can be very a lot.
Great Innovative environment, collaborative culture, several digital enablement opportunities, innovation driven, love it. Great support from Partners and the practice leadership. I learned how to apply digital technologies across the industrial space and within the enterprise. During the past seven years, I worked in multiple service lines and learned a lot about engagement dynamics and business performance improvement, digital strategy, enterprise architecture, linkage between digital capability development and architecture framework and how to apply architecture development methodologies. Also learned how to apply different emerging technologies to different aspects of business improvement. Learned how to strategize digital capabilities in growth markets and in emerging markets. Great experience on the whole, Thank you EY!
This is a temporary role during their Audit Busy season, so during a stressful, high # work hrs. time period. They did provide some training for contractors, though not as much as they provide for their employees. I was invited to their Holiday party in Dec. 2017, & other smaller events, which made me feel like part of the group (made me feel included), which is good, & sometimes doesn't happen at other employers (which affects morale & productivity). I didn't care for long commutes to clients, which I was sometimes given, even though I specified during interviews that I couldn't do long commutes. Audit Mgrs are fairly hands off, as they are really busy & stretched, making it difficult sometimes to get advice or direction from them.
Pros
some free snacks & beverages (or subsidized)
Cons
no benefits thru EY & very little through Agency
Good place to gain experience if you dont mind the long hours and busy season all year long. Coworkers are nice, challenges from customer service industry is expected in day to day work.
EY is very fast-paced and high energy. Hours can be long and draining, especially during busy season. Outgoing personality a must if you are to survive here. Coworkers very supportive.
Overall the culture has deteriorated. Doesn't care much about client service, instead about the billing. Needs a lot of work to improve the culture and respect for it's consultants. They have turned into a sweat shop with limited growth. No bonus, and all profits are shared by the partners.
Great place to start a career. The firm provides excellent training for all employees and has a plethora of intriguing engagements to assist on. Management really cares about your well being
Decline to comment on the rating; suggest extensive evaluation of the opportunities before pursuing. Cons include overaggressive independence policies and lack of executive (c-suite) engagement with employees.