EY

EY Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

A very down to earth approach, versus other Prof Service Companies. Enjoyed the directness of the Partners and their willingness to help. Love the results oriented approach work environment. It was all about , "what you did versus what you say culture".Would have never left, but they went through a Cap Gemini take over and all of the senior managers left the company.I feel the consulting group can be a major competitor to the Advertising industry. However, they need to figure out the creative capability and how they build that into their offering. It can not be a plug and play approach. As data, insight, strategy, creative and media channel are a continuum that drives an over Strategic Communications approach.
Pros
work environment
Cons
partner track
It’s a great company. Good benefits, work from home. Friendly staff. Easy promotion if you have a good project. Bad pay, unlimited vacation, good parental leave benefits
I found that depending on the team and the management of the team dictates your work/life balance and whether you have to deal with bad upper-level management, and be at risk of running an engagement with no support and having your management pin their mistakes on you to save their unsecured jobs seeing EY has gone through multiple rounds of layoffs in the past couple years and put the work culture on egg shells. EY needs to get it together, otherwise you’ll see a lot of people leave; note, I’ve heard from many people seeking other employment from EY. Good luck to all.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
Cons
Poor local office leadership / Inexperienced upper level management
Great Culture and People. Ability to learsn and improve as a leader. EY provides that flexible environment. I was able to utilize what I learned and implement changes to improve the services we provided
Great place to work, great people and great benefits. People really care about one another at this company. Great benefits which helps with family issues, pet issues.
Pay is great compared to industry. Overall, you loosely have the ability to control your own destiny within the firm however I do think recently there is an elevated emphasis on office politics and an added sense of bureaucracy. You can proactively make it a much better place to work by getting yourself involved in non-project work or activities or you could just be a project focused person. Overall, it is an experience that you can make either better or worse for yourself based off your mentality and your willingness to network to others within the firm. Compared to my industry experience the perks are great. Overall, I would say it is a good to great place to work.
Pros
Good pay, overall good benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance could be bad, some misalignment in management
- Get relax & productive place to work. - Great Benefits - Great Home / Life Balance - Very Flexible - I really enjoy working with the people at EY........Smile!
I thouroughly have enjoyed my time and experience at EY. I would recommend working at EY to colleagues and/or anyone interested in growing at this organization.
People are great, but still just a number. Big 4 overall is a good step in a career. Tons of mobility, ability to gain valuable experience quickly. Advisory is different than audit. Large clients but you do the same thing every year
Great place to work. Great team members. Great culture. great learning opportunities. Great growth opportunities. Awesome educational opportunities. Great flexible working hours and shifts.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Management for ESS were messy, we were treated differently than the PPED's. Example - for a long time, we were not suppose to wear open toe sandals, but the women partners would wear them all the time. I actually enjoyed what I did and the hardest part of the job was getting signatures, which was part of the job. Telework was always an issue, most EA's would always inform their PPED of their location and then inform management, but of course management would have something negative to say, like I didn't give you permission. Of course, with most people that didn't go over well.
Cons
Healthcare costs
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the diverse population. You met people from all over the world and got to learn about their cultures.
Fast-paced and challenging work, but well compensated in money, benefits and time off. Three is lots of room for advancement and flexible work arrangements.
Everyone is very hard working and smart. I would recommend to anyone to work here if they have the opportunity. I have been treated very well in my time here so far
It was a great experience. It was my first exposure to the accounting field and I learned a tremendous amount on client relationships, developed technical skills and made life time friends. It was an amazing work environment.
EY was a high paced environment, but definitely rewarded those who worked hard. I was fortunate to travel often, and gain a lot of experience. I had gone as high as I could go in my section and looked for experience and challenges outside of EY.
Great place to start your career, but not sustainable in the long term due to burn out. Culture is very cut throat, and stressful, very pressure filled.
One of the world's best professional firms. Terrific professionals - outstanding focus on doing the right thing. Keen interest in satisfying our clients.
EY is one of the great places to work. Flexible to work onsite or remote. Wonderful office facility and DC office is located with good proximate metro train.
Really smart people work here, so the opportunity to learn and grow professional is exceptional. Great team spirit and support structure. Diverse team members enhance your professional spirit.
Pros
Benefits and team spirit
Cons
Work life balance is not the best.
I do not have anything positive to say about EY. Long hours, low pay, extensive travelling, very little work life balance. No flexibility. Not a great place unless you are a Partner.