EY

EY Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

An enjoyable environment. Good interdepartmental relations. Great work life balance for lower level employees. In office gym. Wonderful benefits; health, dental, mental and budget counceling.
Worked here 15 plus years. Retiring in April. Amazing place to work! I would recommend EY to anyone. In a world of so much uncertainty, this firm provided me with the comfort and growth I look for in a corporate business.
Pros
Pay, benefits, company perks
Cons
I didnt take advantage of all the amazing opportunities.
Typical day at work consists of settling in and fielding requests of the Accountants, Lawyers and Partners of the firm. Fast paced, customer driven and customer needs-driven workloads are the basis of the job. EY is a private firm that operates by a set of rules that aren't always fully disclosed to it's employees. This can be a great thing (ie. Extended Holidays and Perks) and sometimes a not so great thing (uncertainty with job expectations and where the company is headed in the NEAR future). Management is present but not always as accessible as needed considering the demanding nature of the office. There is a strict chain of command that must be followed as well. Culture of the workplace is progressive and diverse. Hardest part of the job is Hierarchical Politics. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Pros
Diverse and creative work environment
Cons
Advancement oppurtunities are limited.
The firm top management provided lip service to the idea that all employees were valued. At office level the partners I supported were unwilling to provide useful feedback.
Flexible place to work, great company, and nice people to associate with, as they always promote learning and growth with all the teams. I enjoy the company's growth.
The people you work for and with are superb. The company has good benefits and offers opportunities for personal and professional development. Many learning opportunities.
Pros
Growth opportunities
I learned different positions just in case someone was out I could step in and help out without missing a beat. Working on and off site was great, training new hires and handling event planning was great.
Pros
discounts for just working there everywhere
Cons
down sizing
Good learning experience at E&Y. I started out certain that I would thrive in the professional and prestigious environment of E&Y but I learned after a year and a half that it wasn't really the best type of environment for me to spend my career.
Being able to understand how the Human Capital works on their income tax returns for local and foreigners and being able to manage their profiles and confidentiality.
Pros
More learning experiences
Cons
Minimum pay
this is my ideal job - worked for the CEO of my department, extremely busy booking appointments, typing up legal documents and all other general office duties. This was great
Pros
Great job with lots of task
Cons
Too long drive from where I lived.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
I started as a temporary associate and proved that I could do the job. I then was hired as a full time employee. I enjoyed the responsibility that was given to me.
Reviews are slightly biased and un-based Workplace of the future is amazing The culture is familiar, friendly and upbeat Dress code is respectable Tons of interns flock to the company every year Very competitive company and that will reflect in your review
Pros
free lunch, holidays off
Cons
reviews
Nice people & facilities. Offices very new & modern. Everyone very helpful to new hires. Lots of churn in employees though. They are hiring a lot of kids right out of college. They are also letting go a lot of older staff. Audit team members are typically given a laptop and told that is their "office." They will be expected to do most of their work at the client site. Tax team members will have extremely intensive work periods followed by relative calm weeks. If you are looking for an administrative or staff type position dont bother as they are starting to outsource all of those type positions. Especially if you are north of 35 or so...
Pros
Nice office & people. Managers usually very approachable.
Cons
Somewhat age-ist hiring.
Ernst & Young is a fast paced tax firm. Every day was go go go. I like to be busy all the time so I enjoyed the fast pace. They work 7 days a week. I was able to use all of my skills at E&Y. I booked travel arrangements, catered lunches and booked function halls and events.
I learned a lot about the legalities of the company since I assisted an attorney. It was very interesting in so many ways. The hardest part of the job was the demanding overtime after work hours.
Pros
Very productive work place
Cons
Too demanding and intense
Excellent opportunities for training and advancement. This company takes care of its employees, A great benefit package is available.
i had brief work experience here, the time i did spend here was rather strict and staight forward. i met a few bubbly and lively co workers.
Pros
in central london
Cons
commute to work
A very friendly environment. And room for advancement with in the company. To move up in to supervisor and management and if to go to different states or countries with room for advancements.
 Handling Invoices (Incoming/Pending invoices).  Creating Purchase orders and Bret documents.  Housekeeping and manpower management.  Managing registers such as attendance register, stock register, material movement register, nightshift allowance register and vehicle movement register.  Conducting fire awareness and safety drills.  Managing couriers, stationery, medicine and food coupons.  Coordinate between HR and employees on basic queries, grievances, allowances and sundry payments.  Client hospitality supervision and basic front desk duties.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
noting
Working in a team atmosphere in the management consulting and research areas I had an opportunity to work with highly skilled people who encouraged knowledge sharing and personal advancement. Some work days were long when working on deadlines but there were often rewards to compensate. The only reason I left this position was because I relocated too far away to commute and I have regretted it ever since. A great place to work and a great company culture.
I learned how to work in a wide range of network, locally and globally
Pros
holiday benifits
Cons
n/a
  1. Administrative Assistant