EY

EY Employee Reviews for Intern

I worked as an intern. There is no training or coaching. The seniors are not very friendly and only cares about if you finish the job, instead of your future career development. Sometimes I feel like I am just copying the template and know nothing about the job.
Don't come here if you don't have a clear exit opportunity in mind. People here only wants to be here for a few years and then leave. Your managers and partners are awful. At least, your coworkers know the pain and you can make some lifelong friends here.
Fun and Worthwhile Company to Intern with.Enjoyed spending my first real-world accounting experience with EY. I look forward to working with the company again.
Work related things are highly professional and at the same way fun is also carried to reduce the job related stress. Overall I had a good time working there.
Es uan empresa muy competitiva laboral no hay una estabilidad laboral
Pros
Seguro médico o privado
Cons
No hay descanso
My friend works at Ey . It has zeri work life balance. They get work done from interns to extreme levels. Sleep deprived working for nights together .He sleeps at 3 everyday just so as to complete the work given by the unorganized managers at EY.During the Covid 19 situations expect the interns to go on site in containment areas while the seniors are cowards sitying in their comfort zonePathetic working conditions. During Christmas i remember him returning home at 3 am sleep deprived tired done with life.INHUMANE WORKING CULTURE!!
Pros
experience on big clients
Cons
Inhumane work culture
Overall very good experience in the Ernst and Young. The company is very good and its backend IT department is very hardworking and productive. The Manager and the colleagues are very helpful. I am satisfied with the internship. My internship is non-paid.
Pros
All Perfect
Cons
Nil
Colleagues are very helpful. the job is with challenges and also can make me grow fast to be an expert in the business area. Large work volume can practice my working ability and get used to organising and doing my work for the right thing at the right time. I like the collaborative work atmosphere in EY and nice human care from my former managers.
This company offered amazing opportunities to grow and develop. Through this company I also obtained valuable exposure to noted companies. Cons Not many cons that come to mind. As with any other company there is always room for improvement, but no cons that I would consider significant.
I was thrilled to start my internship until I got there. My team was rude, we were told don't tell the senior manager of any problems or he will scream for hours. My team did not take time to teach me, they would get frustrated if my work took too long, and would blow up my phone by 12pm on Saturday asking why my weekend work was not completed yet. During the time of my internship I was never given any feedback until the last day when I was told my "work has not improved at all over the course of your internship" even though I constantly asked questions and did what I could to succeed. They told me I did not receive a job offer because my work was not quality, as an intern I'm not too sure what they could have expected from me. Overall it was a letdown and disappointment. I was not given the tools or support to succeed and they blamed that on me. Everyone there is miserable and hates their job. My manager said "don't drink they EY Kool-AID" and I have to agree. Do not waste your time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
A challenging but rewarding learning experience, my Internship at EY has cemented my foundation necessary for a corporate environment. Cons The work life balance may be hectic, but it inculcates into you a lesson of time management.
A great place to continue to learn - whether specializing in certain industries or navigating through challenging client or internal engagements. Great place to launch a career
My work at EY was basic but really interesting and helpful. I once had no idea what I can achieve, but my colleague helped me figure out what I can do, and through hard work I can do it well.
Very productive. Productive work environment with ping pong table. A lot of free coffee. You will be surprised by how much coffee you can drink there for free.
The EY environment provides a balanced but challenging atmosphere in which an individual can actively succeed and thrive, whilst simultaneously advancing their career.
Pros
Free Lunches, long lunch break, great teams
Cons
long hours, stressful at times
From February 2014 to may 2018 working at ey has been a great experience. The amout of care, the Determination they have for innovation is beyond certain business standards. Working at ey has mad a positive impact in my life. Employees want to see you suceed, and the supervisors want the best for you and nothing less.
My day would start with me coming into work at 9 am. I would either carry on with the work I had from the previous day or I would wait for my Senior to appoint me the allocated work for the day or for the week. Usually it wouldn't be too busy and because of this we were able to take many breaks.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Sometimes since I was an Intern I felt like I didn't have anything to do
usually, work from the client's office and back to the office for final touches with senior managers. learnt how to write management letters, understanding clients working procedures and addressing anomalies. obtain advice from senior managers and resolve issues with client obtaining physical evidence when due for reporting purposes.
Ernst & Young is one of the big 4 consulting firm. This company has a good working environment and lots of opportunities for the people to grow vertically and horizontally.
I Work at ey as an intern I have the opportunity to work with assurance services where client review is done and tax department where tax computation is done
Valuation of different types of derivatives products. Good work culture. Flat Hierarchy. Definitely recommend the firm . People are eager to help and mentor.