EY

EY Employee Reviews for Project Manager

EY ensures you have what you need to succeed and thrive in their environment. Your career is in your hands and there’s plenty of assistance available.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, tons of perks for mental and physical health, great work culture
Cons
Vision plan isn’t that great
EY is a good workplace to work , you can get good opportunities to work in multiple areas and can enhance your skill set. This company provides both onsite and offshore opportunities.
Growing company with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Diverse and inclusive culture. Virtual employment opportunities. Flexible working.
Very respectful and caring environment. Woukd love to be a part of that team again.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Inadequate training
I worked remotely with a group of consultants, and only met my teammates in person twice. From day one, I had no idea what the goals of the group was, or what was my specific role, and it was like pulling teeth to get any information that would've helped me navigate my way. There was no strategic plan. The performance review was unlike anything I have ever seen in my entire career. Upon completion of a project you have to ask the people with whom you work for their feedback. You are rated by them, and their ratings determine your knowledge, skills and abilities, and I should add, your job security. Demeaning comes to mind, because you have to "grovel" for ratings from people you may have never met in person, you may have not gotten along with, or who had no clue of what you did. Having said that, I would caution readers that I only worked with a specific group in one service area, so my experience should not be seen as an indictment on the entire firm, but rather on the culture of that "group" with whom worked.
Work from home option available Frequent changes at EY New Managers being onboarded from multiple locations which brings in positive impact terms of the knowledge. However, it also deteriorates the EY culture
EY is a fantastic place to work and gow - there are so many opportunities and potential growth for employees to experience. This a friendly flexible work - life balance, however you need to work hard and ensure you're hitting your key performance indicators in order to advance. It is important to know and understand your team, this includes networking. I'd recommend to a lot of young graduates and experience hires the opportunity of working for EY.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Networking is key
Tax is a deadline driven business, so it is not surprising that work weeks were focused on the buildup and delivery of deliverables. EY does afford a variety of professional education opportunities, including periodic learning weeks, occasional lunch-and-learns and frequent internal webcasts.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
achievements are quickly forgotten
good company to work with W/l balance not apt Low growth long client assignments no review of capability not for log term No movements Hardly any good IT projects
EY is known for being a great organization, everyone wants to work for this great firm. On the inside it is total chaos, ineffective team management. It's always a rat race. Most people stay for the pay and benefits.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Bad management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Great firm to work with. ITS and professional services and delivery is a very fast paced environment to absorb initially, however there are plenty of resources to call upon to assist and gain knowledge
Projects and people were awesome. I can't say enough good things about my time at Ernst & Young. It was a great organization to work for. Lots of fun!
Never believe a thing that management tells you. They are not to be trusted. This is a very cut throat organization (internally) that pits employees against each other.
It was a great experience. It was my first exposure to the accounting field and I learned a tremendous amount on client relationships, developed technical skills and made life time friends. It was an amazing work environment.
As one of the Big Four professional services firms, EY has a culture of high expectations. If you like to work hard this is a great place to work. Along with the hard work, though, are many benefits and perks of working at a large, global organization. There is flexibility if your role and/or leadership allows.
Pros
Client-serving employees have a pretty clear career path
Cons
Non-client-serving (CBS) employees can have limited or unclear career path opportunities
EY is one of the better managed work place to work. It is technically advanced i.e. Microsoft's latest techniques and tools are implemented or adopted early in the game.
EY is a great company to work for when you are building your portfolio of skill sets. People learn so much from the company, the team environment, the accounting firm culture, clients we work with, and current events of the business and industries who hire us. I am very grateful for what this company has given me in terms of growth, learning experiences, and network.
Not conducive to home work life balance. Strong over tone of career suicide. Heavy Contractor FTE environment. Over processed with multiple reporting systems.
Great Salary & benefits Travel involved to client site. Opportunity to work on multiple technologies. Limited onsite roles. Zero Work from home, but work is interesting and Development and learning scope are ample.
Pros
Great Salary & benefits
Cons
No Work From Home
Good place to start the careers. Average Compensation. Flexible work timings. Good leave policy . Management is good .
EY is a great place to work. Working with different project teams and clients on cases, one gets lots of things to learn - not just technically, but also about people and management.
  1. Project Manager