EY

EY Employee Reviews for Senior Consultant

The people at EY are very friendly. My coworkers are willing to help. They have a mentoring process to help you grow throughout your career. They have an open door policy.
If I was asked to work here again, I would definitely say no!!! I have never felt welcome here, I will never go back again. Management plays favorite and most of them do not care about employees' development.
Pros
Food in the kitchen area
Cons
Never felt welcome
My team was outsourced to EY from our original company and told that it would be a huge opportunity for our careers, but then a few months later, our team was laid off suddenly. They decided to outsource our jobs again, but this time to teams overseas which resulted in us being laid off. They did give us 2 months' notice which was somewhat helpful, but many of us felt misled because they kept telling us to "hang in there" through the growing pains that took place after the original outsourcing "business transformation" event. If I had known then what I know now, I would've started looking elsewhere immediately and been long gone before the layoff ever took place. Not to mention, the whole business transformation process was a waking nightmare. They put someone who was lazy and completely incompetent in charge of our team, and that led to a lot of dissatisfaction and confusion, not to mention lots of blaming/finger-pointing and toxicity; honestly, it was chaotic and made me dread what the next day would bring as it felt like we were constantly putting out fires before new ones started, and had very little support and guidance to address them. I don't know how EY runs the rest of the business so this is just my isolated perspective, but based on this experience I wouldn't recommend it. Also - last I heard, their decision to outsource abroad actually made things worse so the decision was clearly made for short-sighted, cost-saving reasons, and not really strategically aimed at supporting their client's needs long term.
No longer what it used to be. A lot of politics and stress from upper level management. Often times require OT and work that is unbillable to satisfy clients.
Great place to work. Really enjoyed my time. Management was extremely supportive of my desires and needs. Compensation package was great. Thoroughly enjoyed my time.
This review is specifically for the Consulting role.For most people, the main pull of this job is going to be job advancement. While the firm pays a lot of lip service to promoting based on performance over tenure, this isn't entirely true. In practice, there are still a minimum amount of time they want you to spend in each role. Only the absolute top performers (think culture coin) are able to get around this. Additionally, this timeline is changing and can be longer depending on who you roll up to. So, while your area might think it should take 3 years minimum to the next level, other areas will promote at 2 years. The travel aspect of the role is worse in practice than it is on paper. You may think at the travel percentage and think that it is manageable. Make sure to take into consideration that 4 days before your flight, you might not know when or where you traveling to. You truly must like travelling for work. This is different than normal travel. You will be in a crowded room with your team until most of the employees at the client have left. You are then typically encouraged to go to a team dinner. This can frequently result in you leaving your hotel at 8AM and not getting back until 9PM. This must be something you WANT to do. I was initially neutral on travelling for work, but I gradually began to hate it as time went on. Other notes: The type of projects you will be on a largely out of your control. Where you are travelling for you projects are largely out of your control. The compensation is competitive with other Big 4, but don't ever calculate your hourly - more...
Pros
Expensing meals while traveling, job advancement (typically)
Cons
Travel, uncertainty, work life balance
Work life balance (as in most consultancy firms), lower salary in comparison with other Big4 firms (from Senior Consultant level onwards). Can be rewarding from Senior Manager position onwards. Most people level on Senior Consultant level.
It’s a great company. Good benefits, work from home. Friendly staff. Easy promotion if you have a good project. Bad pay, unlimited vacation, good parental leave benefits
Pros: great resume-builder working at a company respected and recognized pretty much anywhere in the word. good progression and career opportunities.Cons: long hours, churn and burn mentality
It has been one of the best companies, I have worked for. Great leadership and very supportive. I worked as Sr. Consultant in Intelligent Automation practice. Highly recommended.
Great work culture, relaxed environment and friendly teammates. The Covid-19 response has been amazing as well. However, there’s a constant pressure to keep billable hours high.
The workplace culture is inclusive and supportive. Leadership stands for equality and that tone at the top is executed locally. The people make this place great.
Pros
Compensation is excellent
Cons
Work life balance is a challenge
Good place to work, Great People, Lot to learn, High job security, Good employee benefits, good culture, bad work life balance, lot of travelling, good management
You learn a lot and are exposed to diverse work. On the whole, people are very friendly although the environment can be quite intense and competitive.
The culture of this company was very shady, however with this being said I was able to learn emergency repair technique on various systems mainly because service was refused from various trades. The experience was invaluable in my opinion and I do not regret working here.
Excelente clima laboral, la diversidad de proyectos te permiten desarrollar habilidades técnicas e interpersonales.
Experience Dependant on area you work in, your career progression is cared about and there is a driven and determined culture. Expect to get out what you put in, often this means longer hours than contracted for. People have been really helpful and nice in my experience
It provide opportunities to work and balance life. It is great to work with team. But decision making and process follow up allows you to groom and progress with in company.
Good Company. Exceptional learning environment. Competitive salary and progression.Leader in Auditing business. Started well in cloud and progressing in a very fast manner
Flexible working arrangement Great place to work Takes care of the employees Always considerate of work-life balance of employees Good working relationship with Partners and Sr. Management in the firm
Good projects Good culture Learning and Development is great Management is approachable. Rewards and recognition is also a key aspect. They have various rewards for your contribution
  1. Senior Consultant