Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

Hong Kong34 reviews
Auditing and accounting careers: giving a clear picture of business
s an auditor at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protecting financial markets.

Because we use a Global Audit Methodology in over 130 countries, audit is a practice rich in opportunity. The scale and scope of our clients’ businesses add to the wealth of experience and opportunity that an audit career here offers you.

As an audit professional here you will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to your clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing the capital life cycle and improving business operations.
Resourceful colleagues and open work environment
From my own perspective, EY provides a great opportunity to leverage my past experience and utilize what I have learned from B school. The most attractive part of this company is its open air and efficient communication between lines, both top down and bottom up.
Productive workspace
- learned a lot
- meet different clients with different background during work

- nice colleagues

- tight deadlines

- visit different companies during work
Pros
a lot of opportunities
Cons
Harmony working atmosphere with supportive subordinates
Ernst & Young provided a good platform for me to expand my job exposures and broaden my horizon. Moreover, coaching manager provide adequate guidelines to the team which enhance the work efficiency.
Good place to start a career
I have worked on annual audit, IPO audit, SFC compliance audit, and other assurance engagements such as Banking Return Review, Operational Audit Review etc.

I learnt management skill in EY.For some medium size engagements, I am in charge of the field work, guide, delegate, and review the work of junior team members. I also monitor the engagement team against the budget and time line.
Friendly working environment
Great experience
Lots of work

Lots of trainings

Varied client base

Great opportunity to grow
Pros
Flexible working hours
Well-known workplace
I would like to look for an administrative / secretarial post with job security and more career development.
great place
Pros – You see more in public accounting than any other experience you can get in the finance world. EY Detroit specifically had the best culture of Big 4 firms, focusing on work-life balance and caring for you as an individual.

Cons – The nature of public accounting is high paced and can be long hours. While the majority of people you work with are helpful and enjoyable, you may get stuck on a job with someone who is not.

Advice to Senior Management – There must be a reverse review process, so employees can provide reviews for supervisors. I had a number of seniors and/or managers who were poor leaders, but who got good reviews from superiors based on limited interaction.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Excellent Place to Start Career
Excellent Culture in the team, everyone is very supportive.
good work environment
overall good but the work load is little bit heavy during the peak season
Lot of new knowledge on accounting and auditing
• Understand the fraud, internal controls policy and compliance policy by inspecting client investment processes, valuation procedures, risk assessment procedures and daily operations
• Manage teams of more than 50 people globally; coordinate audit team activities to meet objectives within time constraints by leading and coaching juniors to ensure all quarterly/yearly financial matters are completed accurately and on a timely basis, coordinate and communicate review memorandum with Ernst and Young inter-offices, audit committee and board of directors

• Work closely with regulatory bodies for compliance procedures such as investment restrictions, liquid capital requirement to Type 1,4,5,9 SFC licensed corporations and SFC licensed funds

• Work closely with client and provide professional advisory services on internal control and financial statement disclosure. E.g. segregation of duties, valuation inputs in the methodology and risk exposure

• Develop and customize marketing materials to promote audit and advisory services, support sales generation and increase brand recognition to the market

• Regular contact with external service providers and provide suitable advices to customers on the accounting systems and administrator services

• Review consolidated and statutory accounts, management letters and generate audit issue memorandum

• Strong knowledge in USGAAP, IFRS, HKFRS, and experience in carried interest calculation, capital calls, distributions, and SPV accounting, ORSO scheme, GIPS and ISAE 3402 review or SOC 1 report.

• Provide technical trainings to the team
 - more...
Multinational professional firm
Young and energetic team to work for clients' excellence. Good training for fresh graduates in terms of meeting various clients in different industries.
Big four global auditing firm
Statutory audit, compliance audit, provision of tax and advisory services
Pros
clear advancement path
Cons
relatively heavy workload
Multi-cultural company with opportunties
Learn from different professionals with different capabilities & talents and also in different countries
Pros
professional
Cons
need more interaction