Five Guys

Five Guys Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,391 reviews

I liked working there

working there was fun and I got to eat a free meal I just didn’t like some of the managers I don’t know if they are still there are not but one of the managers was very rude.

It was fun

Working at Five Guys was fun. The manager was very nice and tried his best to make the work schedule in everyones favor. Sadly there were some issues with another worker there.

Good pay and good sense of community

I'm not gonna lie, working in any fast food place is gonna be very stressful at peak times, but it felt worth it at five guys. I started at 17 and was making over £9 an hour. There was a good sense of community there and you could have a laugh with everyone. Opening wasn't fun cause it was so early, and closing shifts weren't great cause they always ran over. But other than that I'd say pretty good.

Pros

Free lunches, good pay, fun staff

Cons

Short breaks, closes run over, stressful when busy

Trabajo durísimo y agobiante

Recuerdo ir al trabajo con ganas de llorar, pésimo trato con los empleados.

Pros

Salario

Cons

Pésima organización

Stressful and consuming

Management constantly corrects you in chats and in person about small things such as only five pickles a burger but contacting managers is forbidden but they can spam a chat all day and night about silly standards for such little pay.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Long hours low pay

Do not work here

I worked here for 8 months as a minor and full time student, so I was scheduled to work only 3 days (Friday, Sat, and Sun) and 12 hour shifts each day. I was the only one who ever did anything and my lack of experience and knowledge of a non-toxic workplace was abused. Paid very little but given a comped meal to "make up for it". Management talked often about their need to leave the store and their hate towards their employers/employees. Never compensated for going above and beyond and treated unfairly when asking to leave due to illness or family obligations. Forced to stay at work when clearly sick and forced to work on Jewish holidays. The only good thing about the job is the free food and nice co-workers.If you can work literally anywhere else, do it.

Pros

Clean, comped meals, coworkers

Cons

Short breaks, no flexible hours

very friendly envirement

working at five guys was a really great choice for me overall I like the work environment and the kitchen is very clean. the work hours were just fine for me and everything felt very organized

Very demanding job with no work/life balance

Five Guys is a good company, but the leadership is not so great. Our DM is arrogant and unprofessional. The expectation is that you should work till you drop. Working 6-7 days a week has become the norm, if you can’t come in on your day off or stay for a double shift whenever it’s needed, you are viewed as lazy and not being a team player.. Upper management makes you feel uncomfortable when you request PTO, like if you’re doing something wrong. There’s a complete lack of support from the DM & AM. There’s no appreciation for all the hard work we put in. The company is always looking at turnover on a store level, but they should start looking at the bigger picture. They need to stop over working their employees.

Pros

Free lunch, solid training platform

Cons

No breaks, long hours, pay

Five Guys

As a Business that charges insurmountable amounts for there food, they underpay staff and expect excessive amounts of work to be completed. You will also feel as if you have no escape from work as they continuously flood the chats with correcting peoples work and setting "standards" that get changed weekly. Five Guys management is a joke with them expecting no contact from the employees whilst off shift, however that same level of respect is not reciprocated to the crew member staff.

Pros

Free Food On Break

Cons

Always Contacting You Off Shift, Always Short Staffed

OK for a first job.

Under paid, under staffed, disrespectful supervisors, lack of new hire training, abysmal tips, no free/discounted food, no break room, no benefits, and no raises.

Pros

Free food if your Supervisor is cool.

Cons

Literally everything else.

Fun workplace

You learn new things everyday you come to work. The employees are very nice and unique. It’s never a down moment. I even got sad when I had to leave work at times.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Didn’t work out as good as I wanted it to.

The coworkers were nice & most of the time it was calm and peaceful and also not busy, but it seemed my manager avoided paying me and I never got paid working there and was barely able to do onsite training

Pros

Free Lunches, Nice coworkers

Cons

No guidance, Never got paid, Short hours, No communication

Best and Worst job I ever had

The pay was great and so were the tips and bonuses. This company really needs to add diverse culture training for its managers who are of Latin descent. It can be very hard to work with people from other cultures that being said one language that everyone understands should be required. I really thought I had A future with this company but the language barrier created a hostile workplace in my opinion. How can you promote a team atmosphere when you can't understand what other people are saying? Very disappointed that frustration lead me to leave this company

Pros

Great tips free meals and Secret Shopper bonuses

Cons

If you dont speak spanish DO NOT consider this job

What is the best part of working at the company?Management is very petty and none of the managers like each other. Managers would sabotage other manager’s shift and not care that it also effects the crew members working on that shift as wellWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Managers would leave and not come back after stating that they would come back and some would not show up for shifts What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Crew members are great, mangers are notWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Being hot and sweaty in the kitchen but also laughing with the other crew members

It’s cool if you wanna make money but not do much , rise above the machine !!

Easy work great people blah blah, it’s cool if you need to be able to get food and a check at the same time, the schedule is flexible but most of the issues are call outs from the employees and mismanagement in the schedule and store maintenance.

Pros

Free shift meal

Cons

Call outs

Awesome workplace to learn and grow

A lot to learn, but moving up is easy and can increase pay. The food quality is important as well as customer service. Being able to make food under 8 minutes and serving food fresh!

Pros

Free food, nice staff

Tips yes

Terrible management. Employees treated very poorly. They work all the hard workers and treat the lazy workers like royalty. They let certain people show up late or pick when they choose with no repriccusion.

Pros

Free food maybe if you have time.

Cons

Poor management and ownership

Management sucks

Management only cares about management, not crew members. Pay is decent. The workplace culture ranges but mostly its drama and stress. Few good people made it tolerable. hardest part of the job was duiring a rush

Fun place t

I really enjoyed working in five guys for almost five years and it's a bit hard work but you get rewarded for what you put on , they have mesetry shopper program if you get 100% you and everyone in shift gets paid bounes.

Boring slow workplace

Not very lively it’s easy to learn but that’s the problem there’s really no challenge and everything there is just cookie cutter, in and out, rinse and repeat tbh the whole job is just frustrating and repetitive as a whole

Pays well for flipping burgers and frying potatoes

For my first job, I was happy with the experience. The people were friendly, and they worked around my high school schedule. The pay was decent for entry-level work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Five Guys with

• Five Guys
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?