Five Guys

Five Guys Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,487 reviews

I liked working there

working there was fun and I got to eat a free meal I just didn’t like some of the managers I don’t know if they are still there are not but one of the managers was very rude.

What is the best part of working at the company?Fresh food , customer interaction What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being short handed, and not being able to handle volume What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Team work makes the dream workWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Challenging, fast paced, satisfying

Five Guys insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Bad work life balance

Great pay but working hours was ridiculous I would starg at 3pm and finish till 2am. The next day would be my day off but the next shift after that I would have to start at 7am.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Ridiculous expectations and house

Hard work but rewarding

Overall great salary and bonus potential. It's not easy its still fast food, if you hire the right people you should be in a great position. That's about it

Productive workplace with the right management

To have that elite team requires good communication with all crew members, good support, encouragement, fair treatment and feel valued, not dirty looks, gossip, spiteful comments, you can never have a good team via passive aggressive bullying and I'm talking about management, remember high staff turnover is an reflection on poor management. Value who you work with happy team ensures a smooth business.

Pros

Good pay, free lunch

Cons

Long hours, inflexibility

It’s all relative.

No benefits.No paid breaks, if you’re lucky to get one.Good music. A free meal. But even THAT has changed since I 1st started working there.They only allow certain things now.

Pros

Music

Cons

No benefits- If you were lucky to get a break.. it was unpaid

Fast Paced

Your feet will hurt at the end of the shift but its worth it. The pay is good and you will enjoy the environment, but sometimes the workplace gossip isnt ideal

Pros

free food

Cons

Breaks are short

fun workplace

Management isn’t that good. They aren’t all nice but a few of the crew is nice and caring it’s a fun job when the gm isn’t there she is very rude and don’t care about her crew

I miss it

Fun energectic coqorkers and customers make this job thr best. Bonuses plus tips make fat paychecks and learning the process of making a true american burger. Perfect

Pros

Free lunch, bonuses, fat paychecks, fun, fast-paced

Cons

Short breaks. Young managment, bad human resources

Fast paced but supportive team

You will have all training needed so you don´t struggle at anytime. Plenty of hours and chances to certificate your skills and get a pay raise at most of their joints.

Pros

paid breaks

Cons

you´re working in a burguer´s franchise

Très physique

Mieux vaut travailler chez les concurrents c’est moins physique pour un étudiant Super culture d’entreprise

Easy

Hardest part of the job is getting people to show up, the company cares about cleanliness and food safety. Can’t get rid of bad staff members because no one will fill their positions.

Don't work here

Maybe it's just the tamworth store but, most of the managers have no clue how to run a store. I'm trying to feed my family of 2 yet barley get 20 hours a week because they don't care. Nobody can he trusted and is a terrible place to work. Quite a few people also get underpaid

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Terrible management

A positive experience overall, but with some flaws

*of course everyone will have a different experience based on the franchise, people you work with etc.But to start, I generally enjoyed working here, only after some time though. It was tough because a lot of self learning is involved but if you are a fast learner you will be good at this job. It’s important to learn all the components of working during business hours such as table, fries and grill, but depending on when you work you will also need to learn some other things. If you work mornings you will need to learn how to prep the food items necessary for the day. If you close you need to learn how to clean everything. I always thought the job was a little tedious, but upon working at my new employer. I take it back, this job is not that hard and it only requires the most effort during the busiest times. I worked at a specific franchise and my manager was good a giving flexible hours. I ended up spending almost 2 years working here and I ended up having a good experience and it is good job to do on the side while your in school. And you get a free meal when you work too. Now I’ll admit, there are some cons to this job. One, the franchise I worked at pays bare minimum wage. 2: absolutely no benefits and no paid time off, you can get time off, but it’s not paid. 3: While you start at 8AM if you open, which isn’t bad. You will be working late if you close, until around 12AM. And I was a closer, so be prepared for that. 4: I know that this is at every job, but there are sometimes people that drag the rest of the staff down due to his/her incompetence. The most successful shifts -

Pros

Free Meal when you work, good flexibility

Cons

Not that great pay, no benefits, not all staff is great

Amazing and productive environment

Everyone I work with is absolutely amazing I love the energy and pay is great. I come in to work every single day with a smile on my face no matter how stressful day gets on. Everybody’s still seems to want to help me.

What is the best part of working at the company?Only some of the people working there made the whole experience better than what it was.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The managers would always involve their personal life with work, and eventually started to take it out on his employees.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It didn’t feel like a work environment in my opinion, it was very unprofessional and uncomfortable. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Come in 10 mins early, get myself together, work to the best of my ability, and go home.

It's a fun place to work in, but also very hard work

Fun to work, if you enjoy this type of work, plenty of career opportunities in store, if you want to progress further than in-store, that's a stretch and you have to know people in the right places.The job depends from store to store as well, I progressed from Crew member upto Assistant manager and my managers in store were always delightful, can't say the same about other stores.

Pros

Free Food, Progression

Cons

Long hours, have to work holidays

Challenging and Rewarding

Can be challenging at times with normal industry issues like staffing, developing managers, and turnover. Overall, the culture is great. Starting pay for crew is $15 + tips and secret shop bonuses. Most of my crew make $18-$20 after tips and shops. Most GMs work less than 45 hours a week and have a nice bonus plan. Upper management is pretty supportive. Expectations and standards can be challenging to meet at times, but having management that cares about your store, you, and your team makes it worth it. If you put in the time and work hard to build your team, it's really fun and a great environment.

Pros

Simple Concept, Great Pay, Humble Culture

Cons

Some standards are difficult to meet. Normal industry issues- turnover, staffing.

What is the best part of working at the company?The cool and funny people that you meet and talk to while you work thereWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The rush and to much stress. EtcWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s very Stressful but it’s sometimes cool thoWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?It’s cool and chill but those rushes be stressful and annoying as well

Terrible, Draining and Ridiculous

Five Guys seemed like a lovely place to work but after working there for a good length of time I realised it was the opposite. Arriving to work a few minutes late and you’re in trouble, arrive to work a few minutes late a few times over the space of a lot of months and you’re fired. They pay minimum wage for back breaking work and dont even pay you for your breaks and you aren’t allowed to accept tips. You get a 30 minute break for an 11 hour shift. I wouldn’t recomment working here, the only good thing about it is how nice the other crew members are.

Pros

Free lunches. Nice crew members

Cons

Long hours. minimum wage. no tips. very strict. no balance between home life and work life.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great work/life balance. Competitive pay. Upper management cares. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Meeting Steritech requirements and staffing issues. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great. Management does a great job making it a good work environment. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Structured. Easy going but also busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Five Guys with

• Five Guys
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?