Five Guys

Five Guys Employee Reviews for Cook

Cook386 reviews

Found 386 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,469 reviews

I liked working there

working there was fun and I got to eat a free meal I just didn’t like some of the managers I don’t know if they are still there are not but one of the managers was very rude.

Very fun and high energy place to work.

Five Guys Burgers And Fries was the most energetic and fun place I have worked at. Fast paced work and usually very steady with customers but was always a very friendly and inclusive environment.

Pros

Employee meals.

Cons

A lot of prep work each morning

Five Guys insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

worst

management team will kill you if they can, they don't appreciate your work, never listen to your problems and stress you out each day. favorism at its best

Pros

free meal

Cons

everything else

Fun

An amazing place to work. It's fun to cook we make good food it tastes yummy in my tummy. Good pay nice customers. Good management good everything apply apply apply

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing its a terrible jobWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Its nothing but stress for a terrible jobWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The people are the only reason to work for fiveguysWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Terrible everyday

Nice people

Great part time job. Have met a lot of good people working there. Pay is decent and schedule worked well for me. It’s a great place to learn and understand the industry.

Very hard work for such little pay

For a restaurant there feels like a ton of work to be done during closing time and they always understaff at nights for “labor” despite charging $10 a burger. Everyone was underpaid and the company was constantly pushing hard on keeping labor low. The people were a lot of fun to work with but corporate clearly did not see anyone who worked there as people.

Good job and pay, management is mean

Pros: pay, incentives, free foodCons: poor communication, mixed messaging, and insults designed to motivate. All in all it’s a solid job if you are new.

typical day

the typical day includes getting your apron on, going to the front and start cooking - get very repative and makes you wanna blow your brains out dont know how people can spend their whole lives here

Pros

friendly people

Cons

not enough pay

Fun work environment

Great workplace with quality ingredients. Most customers complain about the pricing but every ingredient is fresh and prepared in the restaurant. Co workers are great.

Hard work

This is a consistent job that always provides hours and good pay. Although the pay is good, here is a substantial amount of work to be done on a daily basis. If you don’t mind getting the equivalent of a hard and long workout at work, then this is the job for you. It is also incredibly difficult to call off or request time off.

Amazing place of work.

It’s a lot of prepping so if you don’t mind working harder then this is the perfect job for you! You get tips splitted at the end of the night also. So everyone gets a tip.

Productive and great place to begin!

I truly believe this franchise is the best, and that you can truly learn much with the managemant and coworkers. Truly also a very welcoming company!!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

None that I can think of honestly!

Decent company but when labor is done hours are always cut.

It was definitely a decent company, pay was decent the people I worked with was super awesome it has a big turn over right with some people I like the job for the most part just not enough hours

chaotic

The hardest part of this job was finding motivation to show up. There was always a long line, people ordering things they knew would take at least 10 minutes complaining about the wait...3/10, do not miss this place.

Easy

Job is easy and simple, management was great , easy money with secret shoppers, schedule was flexible. Working here was great. Every Five Guys Is different. Was lucky to work in a good one

Pros

Easy

Manager

It was honestly not that’s great owners do not really care much about their employees they always say they’ll help but then never do and have no problem not fixing broken things in the store. The GM when I worked there was great though !

Great place

Great place to work if you need a life outside of work other than that I can’t complain. It was fun working there however I needed to do something else with my life.

Management is poor

Very judgemental as a whole, and management was disrespectful. Employees weren't too bad, just lazy and young. Management refused to help with hours and were very unprofessional.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Management problems

Fun place

Fun place and fun coworkers. The pay is decent considering how easy the job is most of the time. Serving people simple yet delicious burgers and fries is great

Good starting place but let it be that

It was a good place to practice pace and speed at work. It can weigh heavy like any fast food restaurant. Overall can be dependent on your manager that makes the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Five Guys with