Five Guys

Five Guys Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Shift Manager329 reviews

Found 329 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,482 reviews

fun

most of the time it was great place to work but it being a kitchen heads and personalities will collide and create stress on occasion. i did enjoy my 8 years of service however i felt that upper management was preventing further growth

What is the best part of working at the company?Other than the tips it is not a good company to work for.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful part was uper management and they way they talk down to there employees and lack of communicationWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?There is favoritism very much in the company. The culture is like working for a bunch of bullies.What is a typical day like for you at the company?People yelling at you telling you that you dont know who to do your job . that youbare worthless and replace able very day you work. It is a very depressing job

Five Guys insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose

FG B&F, good to work for

I worked here for 2 years, climbed to supervisor and closed 5 days a week, I can't truly comment on management but the daily shift was good, the roles themselves weren't challenging unless you're in a prime location, but usually staff are accommodated for in these places, the pay was certainly respective to the work, though the cleaning regime is stringent so be ready to put in some work, the early shifts started early, involved several hours of food prep before each day was tackled.

Pros

A few

Cons

Late finishes/early starts (IF applicable)

Fun place to work

It’s my first good job so it’s what I expected. It’s good to see different faces every day, just wished the paid more for management position. Food is good, good music rotation.

Pros

Free employee meals

Cons

Low pay

Best place for part time jobs

I was working as a part-time in one of the five guys restaurant and I get all tips and other benefits directly into my account.Menu is quite less, so people can easily understand.

Pros

Free lunches, tips and benefits

Cons

Fast- paced

Very fun and uplifting members

I’m a manager and love my team! We grow together each and everyday! As a team we make our customers happy and some not so happy but I know our regular customers love us!

Pros

Free employee meal, secret shopper program

Cons

Long hours sometimes, some work harder than others

Good Fast Food Job

Decent work life balance.Supportive coworkers.Fast paced environment to work in.Fair compensation for my position.Possible bonuses for good work weekly.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Grease

It’s all relative.

No benefits.No paid breaks, if you’re lucky to get one.Good music. A free meal. But even THAT has changed since I 1st started working there.They only allow certain things now.

Pros

Music

Cons

No benefits- If you were lucky to get a break.. it was unpaid

Poorly ran management

The store I worked for was owned by a family that actually owned 16 stores before departing from them. They no longer own them. It is to my understanding that they only have one store left. The owners I worked for handled Covid extremely poor. I worked for them for almost 5 years, 3 of those years was in management. I will never work fast food ever again because of these people ran and treated employees.

Pros

Half off food

Cons

Everyone is your enemy.

Tips yes

Terrible management. Employees treated very poorly. They work all the hard workers and treat the lazy workers like royalty. They let certain people show up late or pick when they choose with no repriccusion.

Pros

Free food maybe if you have time.

Cons

Poor management and ownership

Management sucks

Management only cares about management, not crew members. Pay is decent. The workplace culture ranges but mostly its drama and stress. Few good people made it tolerable. hardest part of the job was duiring a rush

Fun place t

I really enjoyed working in five guys for almost five years and it's a bit hard work but you get rewarded for what you put on , they have mesetry shopper program if you get 100% you and everyone in shift gets paid bounes.

What is the best part of working at the company?needs a huge overhaulWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?no one wants to work let alone keep parents out of the interviewsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?stressful and very problematicWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?who is going to show up to work and whose gonna complain about rules

Fun workplace but some serious corporation flaws

I enjoyed my time working at Five Guys due to the flexibility in my schedule and my co-workers. The tips and bonuses are decent, however it's hard to get a base pay raise. We also had some serious turnover with higher management due to questionable choices. There is also a geat deal of favoritism at play so nomatter how hard you work, you still won't get any recognition for it. Overall it's not a terrible place, however there's some serious changes that need to be made in the higher management spectrum.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great pay!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Busy days What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful but goodWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Fast pace work environment

Friendly Crew

No communication with the upper-management, if they did communicate it's only to tell you that you did something wrong and it needs corrective actions immediately. Training lasts weeks and doesn't transfer until you actually get hands on training. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers (AT TIMES) due to demand of low staffing at our store. The most enjoyable time of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Not the best place to work

Worked at five guys almost 6 years and was always sick because of the physical demands of the job and no matter how hard you tried it was never enough

If you want to work, you have a job

As long as you are willing to do your part and work hard and be a team player, you will continue to have a job at this location. Opportunity for fast advancement in management.

The company overall does not care about the employees

I’ve worked at five guys over a year and I was moved up to a shift lead. This is one of the worst jobs to have it’s super stressful and I get no support at all when working. The management here does not care about the employees at all, we’re all just money to them. I don’t recommend this job at all, save ur time.

Fun workplace

It was a fun place to work had great funny co workers work place culture was a lil repetitive at times wasn’t the hardest place to work most enjoyable part of the job was co workers

Terrible place

You only enjoy working if everyone likes you and let you get away with doing nothing. No one wants to do there job and often you get short handed with no coverage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Five Guys with

• Five Guys
  • Shift Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?