Fiverr

Fiverr Employee Reviews for Freelance Writer

Freelance Writer33 reviews

It is what you make of it

Fiverr gives you the freedom to do what you wanna do, so that ends up being what you make of it. You could potentially kickstart your career through this path.

Many ups and downs

Fiverr, as a freelancer, can have some wonderful highs but devastating lows. You can be getting 5/5 reviews constantly, but when a single 3/5 review comes in your gig will drop in ranking greatly and no one will see that you are available. There is little support from the company itself, but customer service has not been an issue for me at least.

Pros

You are your own boss.

Cons

Low pay, low security

productive and fun

It was hard at first but i managed through.Fiverr customer support is really bad, I opened a ticket 3 days ago and there is no response, I payed to a freelancer on fiverr to do a service and she's not do it until now, and when I dispute order she's declined my dispute... so is this really worth? This is the first order and I afraid to become the last one.

A great starting point for freelancing

The process of working with fiverr for me has been fantastic. You are a self-employed worker, the times you work are dependent upon how many clients you can manage at one time and your own schedule. Having been a freelance writer for a couple years, I feel like I have learned a lot. However, it still feels like working part-time and you would need to work another job in most cases. For me, I'll have to eventually branch out and build a brand without the assistance of a platform, if I want to grow. If you have a plan for freelancing long-term it can be a challenge (meaning going beyond two or three years).

Pros

Work on your own, make your own schedule, work from home. Scale pricing and everything how you want.

Cons

Barriers of growth beyond the platform itself.

Extremely competitive marketplace

Fiverr is a great company that helps job seekers find employers, and vice versa. However, it is a battle you must fight daily. The tussle for clientele, the struggle to retain them, as well as the requirements to progress to a higher level, all require maximum effort.

It's what you make of it!

Since this is a freelance company, you are responsible for anything you put out there as far as what your niche is. you control everything, set the prices, time, etc.

Good

It's a very good place to work for freelancers and we receive genuine buyers and payment iOS credited on time. You can work from home and do anything you want

Excellent

Fiverr gives you the liberty to create your own schedule and work on your own terms. Although there is no job security as buyers rating can literally ruin your profile, also sellers are not protected on the platform just the buyers so you are at the mercies of the buyer. Overall it is fair enough.

Fiverr is a great platform for freelancers to showcase their work, however for someone just starting its hard.

And many people (including myself) have fallen into that trap and ordered services from sellers who had a 5-star ranking but ended up being delivered a horrible service. Lots of people tend to leave a 5-star rating even if the quality of work is poor as long as it's “as advertised”.

Pros

Flexible Time

Cons

Low Pay

freelancing

The pros are you are your own boss. You manage your hours and what gigs you want to work on. However it is not steady income flow unless you been on the platform for several years. It only works if you are getting consistence gigs and orders. It is easy to set up your profile and gig service description. It might take a month or few weeks before getting your first order. You have to have perfect score on Fiverr's categories in order to grow and attract more clients for your work service. I offer blog writing services which is very saturate and hard to compete with others who are willing to do the same work for cheap prices. I recommend Fiverr if you want to gain more experience and for some pocket change.

Pros

you are your own boss.

Cons

not a steady income flow

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fiverr?

A good, easy to use freelance site.

I've been using Fiverr for a while now and it's not bad for a content mill.Starting out you need to keep your prices pretty low, but once you get established and get a few 5 star reviews you can set more acceptable rates.Clients contact you with requests for content and can purchase one of your "gigs", (such as Facebook post writing) so there's no need to bid on jobs. There is a place where buyers can post their specific projects and you can apply, but it's not mandatory.An annoying point is that buyers will sometimes place orders without asking if you can complete them, so you need to request a cancellation if it's not in your field of expertise. Fiverr takes 20% commission, but that's in exchange for providing a safe place to deal with buyers, so is worth it.A big plus is "gig extras", which let you earn more money. For example, you have a gig for "500 words of blog", then you can add extras like "extra focus keyword" or "delivery in 24 hours", to earn more.Minimum price for a gig is $5, and you set your own word count, etc, for that, and can raise your prices when you want. Fiverr isn't just for freelance writers, but that's what I use it for, there's also graphic designers, poets, artists, etc. You can set time off when you want and keep finessing the features of your gig to offer the best, and have more than one gig running at a time.You start off as a basic seller and over time can advance after completing enough jobs, working long enough, and not breaking any of Fiverr's rules.A good place to start out, no upfront or monthly fees, and a chance to grow as a writer. -

Pros

Easy to use. Set your own rates. Do as much or as little work as you need.

Cons

Need to keep your prices low to start with.

competitive

So many compitators. Hard to find clients.but if you find good clients and you are genuine worker you will be payed with good salary.For dtudents fiverr is a good platform for earning money .

Pros

very productive and efficient

Cons

so many compitators and hard to find clients

Awesome freelancing website

Fiverr has great customers and is very easy to use. The company takes 20 percent of your earnings though. Also, it is annoying trying to become a level one/two seller.

Good

It's good to have a profile that let you work from the comfort of your home. However, the payment is never guaranteed. Sometimes, you're loaded with the orders and sometimes there are no orders for a whole month.

Fiverr is one of the best freelancing platforms in the market. Highly recommended.

I enjoyed my time working on Fiverr. It is a freelancing platform which got me in touch with many businesses and individuals around the world for work. Got the opportunity to work and learn at the same time and was paid fairly.

Relaxed work portal

A relaxed working portal especially apt for the freelancers to find clients and indulge with working with their projects. Worth working with as per your schedule.

A very stressful freelance Platform

Working on Fiverr can be stressful, and the buyer is always right and the seller wrong. little or no customer support. Generally, it is a good platform to earn money on the side.

easy and efficient

At this company, I was given the opportunity to control my working hours and also how much I earn. I was able to meet so many people from all over the world and have been able to learn a thing or two from them.

Okay

If you work hard on this website you will do quite well. However it is very difficult to get work and stand out from the competition. Over the years more and more people have joined making it more difficult.

Excellent website for skilled freelancers to connect with potential buyers

Fiverr is an excellent platform for skilled freelancers as it allows them to place ther gigs and price at their own terms, and it is upto the buyer to choose the freelancer. Fees are alright, compensations are great and withdrawal methods are plenty. Really happy to be using it.

Terrific place to work

It's a wonderful company to work at. Provided a wide range of writing services to various clients, businesses, publications, and websites, including: resumes and cover letters, chapter summaries, finance articles, writing prompts, press releases, how-to articles, and Business presentations.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiverr. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Fiverr with