Freelancer.com

Freelancer.com Employee Reviews for Freelance Writer

Freelance Writer19 reviews

Alright

Working here was alright. I had the freedom to work at home but sometimes I felt unappreciated. The work was a bit demanding at times and it was too much work for the money paid.

promises freelance work, but really exploits you; scam

This online platform (freelancer.com) doesn't care about freelancers. They get exorbitant commissions from the jobs that you work hard to get and to accomplish, and cuts so much percentage of your salary. You have to pay for bids. The competition is high and most job postings look like they're from bots. NOT RECOMMENDED especially if you're looking for livable income online. Even if you're skilled and talented, you will not thrive here,

Cons

It's nice to work for yourself

It's hard to start getting work. Keep sending request. Make sure you look at what others offer, research how to bid for the site your on, and avoid scams by staying on the platform

Pros

Freedom

Cons

No steady pay check

The jobs

You have to pay in order to get a job. You must pay for the job that you've applied for. You must pay for a membership. You pay for everything. You must pay for your CV to be seen first. You pay for everything.

Cons

Paying for jobs

total time waste.

there are lot of scammers working there. they didn't pay for your work. after the completion of work, they will block you. the site has no bach up of money.

Scam - do not use freelancer!!

Instead of paying for the jobs I completed they took the money from my bank account and charged me instead of paying me, multiple times!!! Initially I was told the small charge was just to test the account to see if they could pay me with it, and then later the charges would be reversed. But they never reversed it and continued to charge my bank account additional larger amounts of money. Either Freelancer is a scam, or they allow scammers to use their platform to scam innocent people who are just trying to earn some money. Either way, do not trust them!!!

Remote work from home

I can find projects and then work on them in my own time from home. Its convent for me because I am a mother as well as a student and I this source of income helps me manage my time well

Online Environment

Freelancer.com is a freelance writer's website where people can take any number of jobs. As a freelance website, the site charges a small fee per job accepted. The pay varies.

Pros

Work as much as you want.

Cons

fees

Annoyingly Incompentant

Freelancer is difficult to describe. On the one hand, all my work for the past 2 years has come from the website, so it is difficult for me to hate it completely. However, the company is poorly run. The staff/admin put money before everything else, and do very little to help individual freelancers. It can be incredibly challenging to get your foot through the door.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Unreliable and unhelpful staff

It was OK, but some problems

On that platform, 70 out of the rest wanted to talk on Skoye, but this was the little "hole" most of the potentials would try to contact you, but it was a security hole, meaning they could scam you through that. I had to learn after the fact that Skoye was a real security hole after I was scammed and wondered WHAT had to be done to avoid another episode.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Freelancer.com?

Reduced productivity

I found way more scammers than there were of real jobs, so I quit on them. What else is there to tell? ///////////////////////////////////////////////

Pros

Jobs, some

Cons

Mostly scamers now

Productive flexible fun.

I loved freelancer and the flexibility of working and i loved the fact that it kets you pick your jobs you want to take. This is why i loved freelancer.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

You never know what will happen

Great Freelancer Platform

I have worked through a few different freelancing platforms and this has been my favorite so far. There are lots of jobs to choose from and the freelancer is charged a nominal fee for the sites services.

Easy to work for

easy to work from home - payment easy to receive. Working from home and building a client base is easier than it would be otherwise - it is relatively easy to find clients internationally

Flexible, great work environment

The work is constant. Freelancer provides a plethora of different writing jobs to choose from. This company is great, you can work as much or as little as you would like.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

There are rare times where the work slows down

Great freelance platform

Freelancer.com is a great platform to find freelance work and jobs. Extremely easy to get around on this site and is also available in the form of an application. Overall a great way to find work as a freelancer.

Pros

There is always work available and are many notifications when there is new work.

Cons

Some jobs and tasks can become very time consuming if you aren't strong with time management.

Freelancing haven (and heaven)

As I work through rather than for freelancer.com, a review may not be on the mark. I value my stint with them for 2 reasons: 1. Amazing diversity of work and employers 2. Ability to bid for work assignments as per my preferences

Pros

Good for working from home, excellent at creating work/life balance, convenience of choosing to bid for jobs as per my preference

Cons

No stability

Not a great place for writers.

Time spent browsing job offers for writing projects, at whatever time one wants. Self-managed. I learned to govern my own work habits, and to appeal the needs of contract-makers. The hardest part was the competition from all over the World, where the economy is different. Stiff competition. The most enjoyable part was the self-made hours.

Gets the gig

I have done freelance writing and graphic design for about six years now, and utilizing Freelancer.com definitely made it less of a chore finding clients. Hundreds of new projects a day. The only thing is that it is difficult to get a good reputation through the site. Most clients tend to be over demanding and will leave poor reviews if you do not cater to their every whim (i.e. taking less money than negotiated pre-order). Other than that, great resource for the freelancer community.

Pros

new work every day, competative atmosphere

Cons

occasion overly demanding clients, client based reviews with little review from the site administration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freelancer.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Freelancer.com with

• Freelancer.com
  • Freelance Writer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?