Fugro

Fugro Employee Reviews

I have been working in Fugro over the past 20 years. During my time with Fugro, I have been given good opportunities to develop myself and have a good career progression. I have been seconded to the UK since my early career and also given many chances to decline my professional not only in Hong Kong, but also other countries in Asia Pacific region. Fugro is a good employer.
In this level of role I learn many skills related to software and hardware. Field work is challenging but interesting. Learn more and more every day for the characterization of earth.
Lower salary for clerical officer and trainee, long working hour especially for ARE, trainee, etc. Beside, the working environment is not well as very density. For medical benefit is quite good that generally cover well for family.
Pros
transportation is good
Cons
density working envoirnment
Fugro has really grown their global culture over the past 5 years. Working with colleagues in other countries is encouraged and opportunities for intercompany transfers is encouraged. Advancement within the company is now a priority and professional development has been made more accessible to all employees. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Casual work environment, professional development opportunities
Never knew from week to week what you were going to be working on. You have to have a broad knowledge of engineering. Like fabrication and welding, machining, materials, hydraulics.
Cons
Good helping Environment, Understand Employees problem, well Coordinated, Very well Management polices for I ternal and External Factors.. Overall best
Pros
New year Parties....
Cons
Flexable
Being paid the award rate was a positive but this was controlled by an employment agency - not Fugro. Constantly reminded how expensive you are compared to overseas (China/India) was unprofessional to say the least. Non-transferable skills, no parking and work goes from too much to none with little to no notice. Brisbane QA staff are few, the focus is on tools and work for the overseas/cheaper locations. Unimpressive
Pros
Employments agency that I was hired through
Cons
Fugro
Good company. I prefer not to describe my work in Fugro. Mechanical Engineer Geophysics responsible person for marine winches maintenance and repair. Interfacing, testing, faultfinding, maintaining and repair geophysical equipment in workshop. Carrying out electronic, electrical and mechanical tests of subsea units and marine winches. Mobilizing/Demobilizing geophysical equipment on board of the Survey Vessels.
Terrible salary compared to others and very long winded interview process but the people are great! Strange interview structure. Spent 500 just to attend a 1-1 to walk in and meet many others greeting me around the desk (was told not to prep as it’s informal via email)
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Terrible package
Empresa ótima para trabalho. Com salário justo e ótimos profissionais
Excelente empresa otimos profissionais condiçoes de trabalhos sao otimas tambem
The work environment is complete chaos, no teamwork, no sense of urgency for deadlines, no knowledge on how to win work and keep clients happy. The groups are under strict budget restraints that do not allow for updated equipment and technology even in the face of winning work. The management keeps changing and other groups do not work together. The engineers are mostly inexperienced for the time they have been with the company and do not have the qualifications to compete in a very competitive market.
you will be required to perform functions against fugro policy. if back fires on management, you will be terminated to protect their jobs and position. Management will manufacture reasons to terminate you, HR will not back you but will ammend termination to read "layed Off" after the fact to prevent you from winning a lawsuit against the corporation
Job is really dependent on oilfield. Technology used is trash. On-call and travel all the time. Management likes to dodge questions. Everybody is out for themselves.
benefits
Cons
too much traveling.
I always considered Fugro my second home, even I spent here more time than my home with my family. working in Fugro is very motivating and I really gained great experience through my years in Fugro.
It’s a great place to start and get certified and fast experience, but they will just let you learn on your own. The management isn’t great, they will throw you under the bus. The CMT manger doesn’t know the business as well as a manager should and you will be traveling from Smithville, Buda, to downtown Austin, as far as horseshoe bay as well. The company trucks need a lot of work and most aren’t safe to drive. The experience and certifications were the best part about working here, but you are all on your own. Great place to start, but not to start a career.
Those who love to work at offshore, this company would be the best fit for them. you will be deployed on the job (offshore) for 60 to 80 days then will be on paid leave for the next 20 - 25 days.so it's like for every 60 days at offshore you are entitled to 20 days of leave. The salary is not that great but for those who are looking for a relaxed job and love offshore , this job could be the best.
Fugro is the best company in the Middle East as I will never stay for 11 years if it’s not a good one. Harmoniously dealing with different kinds of people from different backgrounds and nationalities. Being discreet in the company Secrets and confidential documents
They are understanding. They understand that life happens. If you need time off for personal reasons they don't give you a hard time about it. They are supportive. During the year we had a horrible hurricane and all the families that were affected were helped financially.
Pros
Employee appreciation events
Cons
Allow other employees to not do their job while piling it on someone else
Good place to work. Good Life work balace Good people/Work mate Salary not great when compared to your workload. Location not great, living cost is very much on the high side.
Veel groeimogelijkheden binnen de verschillende afdelingen.