Gammon India limited

Gammon India limited Employee Reviews

Hong Kong13 reviews
Good company if you kiss butt
This company had a good reputation in HK if you are innovative and talented you will be stabbed in the back by your contemporaries a lot of the English project directors are arrogant and use their team to elevate their own ego the senior Chinese directors ante generally Disinterested in supporting the careers if juniors
Good company for beginner of the industry in Hong Kong
Basic communicate skills in construction site.
Provided opportunity to learn different constructions work.

Good culture in site safety.

Provided opportunity to meet other employee in same age.
工作環境一般
工作人手不足,需親身落手工作但能學到很多工程上的流程,現在工作中的地盤最困難的是建築期時間短令很多時候需開夜
Good working environment is provided but long working hours. Tight schedule for all the tasks, need to do it accurate and fast, especially in calculating the cost
Pros
Train myself you work accurately
Cons
Good work exposure in terms of work scope
Over all it was a good experience working for Gammon. Although senior management is not experienced. Too many directors/senior managers becoming a burden on the company.
Pros
Work scope, work exposure
Cons
Too many directors/senior managers
Leading Construction Company in Hong Kong
People is the focus of the business and execution is our strategy.
The engineering company puts strong emphasis on sustainability.
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Lack of career prospect
Hard working environment with good culture and friendly staff. During my time I was based on site. Senior management encouraged the development of their staff
Na
- Ensure that all machinery and plant are maintained in safe working condition and operated by competent operators. Ensure that defective plant, machinery and equipment are not used until they have been repaired.
- Liaise with subcontractors and other contractors to ensure that their sections of work are executed following GCL safety standards.

- Accompany Labour Department Inspectors, Officers of Government Departments, and Safety officers for site inspection and act on their recommendation accordingly.

- Take actions to rectify unsafe conditions and practices and to implement safety measures as recommended by Safety officer and /or HSE Department.

- Provide necessary support to Safety officer in all accident investigations.

- monitor the compliance of safety measures stipulated in the risk assessments
Fun working nature but long working hour
The work nature is fun and professional but I need to work for six days from 8am to 8pm a week. I even need to work on holidays.
Pros
Good pay
工作自由度大
工作學習到很多關於建築上的智識,跟工程師有共識後會教授很多地盤的知識給自己。

而管理層也很好

同事對待也很好,經常請我吃零食
Pros
上班時間彈性
Cons
沒有
Great Entry Level Position
Gammon has a structured training program for new graduates. Everyone gets equal amount of exposure to running a project. The company consists of many civil engineering disciplines and also unlimited resources for learning.
Productive & Safe Workplace
A day will start with a toolbox, day's workloads & safety meetings followed by materials/tools preparation needed to execute jobs without problems. Coordinate with outgoing counterpart to carry on unfinished works. Analyze & implement work orders based on priorities & specifications. Supervise & ensure the job is done safely. Execute daily turn-overs & shift reports.
Pros
Free lunches, 6/3 roster
Cons
12 hrs. shift
Job security and longtime security
The company is excelent for security when it comes to family living, the work force composed of different race where I have improved my dealing with others. The management is excelent in dealing with the employees where benefits are given. The project size which has more than on elocations and dificulty of of transportation especially on criticfal times makes it complicated to coup up with the schedule and time of working. I have enjoyed staying with this company and working with the team but I need to explore more of my capabilities and application of my talents as civil engineer dealing and covering more on technical matters rahter than supervisions.
Pros
insurances, free foods on critical times, on time sallaries
Cons
transportations, no bunoses, no increases