Greyhound

Greyhound Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,353 reviews

Great job to learn different things

I Got hired as a service worker cleaning busses ultimately learned all service technician duties also learned to park the busses pay could have better but everything I learned my 4 years working there was worth it not a stagnant job if you really want to learn new things and become knowledgeable about the bus industry

What is the best part of working at the company?It’s a job!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful What is a typical day like for you at the company?Frustrating

What is the best part of working at the company?The ability to travel to new places.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Inconsistent work schedule What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Most of the other drivers were selfish

Great staff

Only worked here a few months but the people who I worked with were great. I really enjoyed working with them but unfortunately had to relocate. Nothing bad to say.

Long drives

Nice sight seeing long drives good people driving during storms but they have been very good morning honey hyd and they are very nice sight seeing long enough

You basically would have to be familiar with the whole area, because the surrounding area and attention it draws, it's Unbelievable.

Out of any job I've ever worked, I would have to say (Grayhound) have been my best teacher, you have to deal with all kinds people, Day and Night, you can ask any body who's ever came through there, You always come back, it's an atmosphere, for ah certain type of person.

What is the best part of working at the company?It was downtown DallasWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?I enjoyed my workWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?When I started it was fine as the years went on and they laid off the how old manager in all the members of the team, The new manager we got with only about her old group not the people that she took on so She eventually laid us off. What is a typical day like for you at the company?A normal work day

Good short term employment

Greyhound is a company dying a death of a thousand cuts. Unable to recreate itself loses mount which inevitably lead to annual layoffs as the company reels from lower sales and non existent bottom line results. Good people, however management is stuck in the old glory days and cannot change to a post ground transportation world. There is simply no place for a national carrier which has sold off most of its properties and now operates at best as a curb side regional player.

Pros

Good caring people.

Cons

Weak management

They had a monopoly on transportation...and failed.

Work/life balance? No...you're on call 24/7, and can only remove yourself from the 'board' for a maximum of 36 hours per week. If you're lucky you find out what you're doing the next day after you come back, if you come back at all.Do you value family? Friends? Don't work here.Management for Canada was out of the US...things work differently here, and they didn't get that. Every time they tried to improve things, they made things worse. Very toxic relationship between the Union and the company. Some of the people there were the best you can imagine, others just added to the toxicity for fun. The driving was the best part, the rest was awful.

Fun at first

It had its moments! I was a driver so the travel was fun, pay was good, coworkers were interesting at times, management....balance between work and home life is scarce when your new.

Okay company

Forever changing policies to fit the company needs. The should be pay increases for all hourly employees. There should be more opportunities for growth and opportunities shouldn’t be based on connections or favoritism. They will allow some people to go through the process of an interview knowing that they already have a specific candidate they may be a friend within the company or family member who may be less experienced.

Buen ambiente

Era divertido trabajar ahí especialmente por los compañeros de mi área, solo que te hacen doblar mucho de turnos, cambios de horario raros y el salario un poco bajo a mi perspectiva ya que eran varias actividades de ámbitos diferentes por hacer.

Pros

Ambiente de trabajo bueno

Cons

Horarios alargados

Great place to work.

Public exposure is epic with the company that I most recently worked. At Greyhound bus terminals and on the coaches you could cross paths with anyone.

Pros

The scenery changes constantly.

Cons

you gotta keep an eye on them.

Unprofessional and liars!

Pay isn’t good and it’s on call. you don’t work everyday. just a bunch of liars and not helpful whatsoever. pay is horrible! company is horrible! management is horrible!

Bad communication

Good money but you will have no social life an they overwork you. They tell u call in fatigue if your tired but you get in trouble for it but only get 9 hours to sleep.

Great Managers, Average Pay

Nothing bad to say. Average pay and benefits, but I was able to grow into a new career skillset here. My manager was great and I left shortly after he did.

Ok to start

They will help getting your CDL license. Expect to spend most of your time out. They may not send you home if they wanna keep you at a location. For instance Montreal.

This work place is understanding

This job was perfect with the work shifts. The problem is that it frequently changes, which I found to be a problem due to my children being young at the time.

Corporate Office Employees Were Bullies

Pay was not equal to the workload that you have. Corporate Office manager only know how to bully you. Your are often threatened with deadlines that are impossible to meet. Good employees are not appreciated.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

Hold corporate managers accountable for doing their own work

Toxic work environment

Management is disloyal and untrustworthy because they're constantly setting up the drivers for failure. They reward bad behavior while they're constantly railroading and throwing their Loyal employees under the bus because management refuses to accept any accountability for their actions it like everyone wants to be in charge but doesn't know how to take charge of a situation

Pros

Traveling

Cons

Poor Management

Historical company

Greyhound is a great job for traveling, meeting people, different cities and being on the road. High safety standards with dot standards. You can also in some areas do charters

Pros

Rest stop free meal with bus load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Greyhound