H&M Employee Review

Bad health choice

July 6, 2017
I worked as a Manager for H&M for 15 years. H&M in their own words is a fast paced environment and it certainly is. The good side of that is you will never be still and will be expected to carry out many different roles. The bad side is you will not be paid any extra money and the reason you carry out so many different roles is because there are no staff. You will receive very little training and receive no support. The turnover for staff and managers is huge and has increased in the last 2 years. One of the worst parts of being a manager is that for little more hourly rate than the living wage you will be a manager and a member of staff. You will get used to customers constantly complaining they cannot find a member of staff and you will get no support from your area team as everything is non-negotiable. As for work/life balance forget it. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Amazing Sales Advisors.
Cons
Work life balance, pay, feelling undervalued.
March 11, 2020
Store Planning Architect (Former Employee) - Hong Kong
Company culture and system is the best I have ever had, have a huge potential to grow few times larger than existing company sizes and scale in the world. Almost flawless and systematic in the company structure, best for all management level and also benefiting the staffs at the same time.
November 20, 2019
Talent Responsable Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Hong kong, HK
De firma heeft mij heel veel doorgroei mogelijkheden geboden en zolang je flexibel bent kom je overal als je wil
June 19, 2019
Part Time Sales Advisor (Former Employee) - Hong Kong
H&M is a diversified company, in which I am able to meet colleagues from all walks of life. This provided me a precious chance to get along with different people, thus broadening my horizons. In addition, the flexible working hours provided by the company enables me to strike a balance between work and life.
Pros
Flexible working hours
  1. Bad health choice