H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,211 reviews

Low pay but have a certain degree of autonomy during work

They only care if you can move fast enough to clear queues in the cashier area and fitting room, also fast enough to unpack the stocks and put it out on the sales floor. However, most of the time there was no one watching you to see if you follow all the rules, so, not much stress coming from the company side. But the customers were rude

Great Place to work at

This location was always busy. There was never a dull moment. I enjoyed the team I worked with. Great pay for leadership team. Supportive store manager who is no longer at this location. Training was conducted at a different location.

Not an easy job

Not an easy job but the people that work there are very nice and helpful. The store is busy but you get used to it after time. Would recommend if you like a fast-paced environment

Not bad

Not too bad, but still not the best. Other sales advisors are friendly so nice work environment. Pretty mindless work and not too stressful, feels like long hours on your feet though

Good.

It was an okay experience, I've worked, been worked, continued to work. The workers are far minimum, and the costumers are plenty. And work keeps working.

Possibilité d’évolution

Possibilité d’évolution en tant que Visuel Merchandiser ou autre

Pros

Ticket restaurant

Cons

Salaire

great coworkers, average management

experience really depends on your location. main reason to come to work are your coworkers, some of the management rarely ever come to the floor and help out. some expectations, especially from district, are really unrealistic. they want 52% loyalty (which you can only get thru a customer's phone or the store's phone and the wifi is so spotty) which leads to extremely long lines.

Pros

coworkers, schedule flexibility with other commitments (school, another job, etc)

Cons

work life balance (new workers get a majority of closings which especially sucks with holiday hours)

Good ménagement fun place

Good job I work there for a while I love they care about their employees and the pay is decent the only con is they cut your hour sometimes and you stuck with your bills

Muy buena experiencia

Me encantó la experiencia,te forman a 370 grados,gran equipo

Pros

Conciliación

Cons

Estresante

Horrible experience

Such an amazing place to work at, but this specific location is horrible. The management is the main issue. While I was there in my short time, I’ve seen about 30 or more leave because of the toxic management.

Fun work place with room for advancement

Fun work place with no stress. Training is good and work environment compliments the culture! Managers aren’t stressful and don’t look down at anyone everyone is treated fair, I would definitely go back !

Pros

Room for career growth

Cons

Could pay a little more but not a hard job still fun place to work regardless

Ausbeuterjob

wirklich unfairer Job für Aushilfen, schnelllebig, die Aushilfen werden immer ausgetauscht

great job !

started working in september and ever since i’ve started i have absolutely loved every second of working there, everyone is so welcoming and make my shifts that extra special, i do a lot during my shifts and sometimes even get introduced to new things to do, i love being a part of this team and can’t wait to see what more things they offer me in the future

Okay place to work, depends on the market.

H&M was a cool company to work for, however in the Memphis market NO! management suck and a lot of favoritism in my opinion. It was a lot but imma keep it cute and short.

Pros

Benefits and discounts

Cons

No work life balance, mediocre pay, store and upper management suck, stressful, no real support throughout the market.

Management d'un autres temps !

Style de management pas moderne du tout, H&M a beaucoup de retard sur ce point... Beaucoup de turn-over car H&M fait tout pour éviter l'ancienneté chez les employés (surcharge de travail des employés expérimenté, pressions, propos rabaissants, etc...). Il y a 10ans H&M était un endroit où il était agréable de travailler, plus maintenant car H&M a décidé de ne plus prendre soin de ses employés (plus de primes intéressantes, salaires plus bas que d'autres grandes enseignes de prêt à porter, pas de fidélisation des employés, évolution par copinage et non pas par mérite, pas de valorisation du travail bien fait, etc...). Chez H&M l'employé est un outil jetable, je déconseille...

Pros

Une équipe de vendeurs soudée

Cons

Management archaïque et malsain

My favorite Job

Literally one of my favorite jobs. Fun to work at. The tardy policy is a killer though. Literally a 3 minute Grace period, and I think you get like 4 strikes.

Productive and fun work place

Enjoyed going to work, not a stressful job. Met a lot of friends and managers were friendly. Average day is tidying shop floor, on tills and stocking.

Productive, fun work place, real visual merchandising

The role itself is a pretty satisfying job. H&M has high standards for its presentation which makes the role pretty satisfying to see an end result. (If the one you visit doesn't look good, they are probably struggling.) That being said it is a mechanism that is vulnerable to the influence of the people who lead. If the right area (district) team is there, it will run smoothly and most of the time be a fun work environment (it is still work tho.) However, if the wrong people start filling those leadership positions, it can be a real nightmare. That is why I quit, it started falling apart with nasty area leadership and then with incompetent store managers who got promoted due to friendly connections to the recently promoted area team.

Sin mas

Poco compañerismo, la gente va cada uno a lo suyo.

Disorganizzati

È un’azienda che si basa sull’organizzare tutto e ad avere procedura specifiche da rispettare per ogni cosa. Dovrebbe essere basato sul lavoro in team e la comunicazione ma ciò non avviene a livello manageriale, almeno dove mi trovo io, causando spesso discrepanze e discussioni. Il focus sul passare la fidelity card e acquisire nuovi member ( fare la tesserina) è ossessivo. Quasi tutti iniziano con un contratto a chiamata, siate pronti a fare i galoppìni e avere poco rispetto dai vostri superiori. Il training è inefficace e spesso le persone che sono in carica danno ordini contrastanti tra loro.

Pros

Buono pasto

Cons

Nessuna pausa caffè, turni consegnati il giorno prima

Bonne ambiance et salaire très correct

Mais 0 évolution pour les intérimaire, certain son intérimaire depuis plus de 4ans sans avoir jamais vue un seul cdd, trop de contrat journalier..... c'est deplorable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare H&M with

• H&M
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?