H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

If you're trying to work here and go to school just don't waste your time. Very unreliable and schedule you on days you request off for school purposes. Absolutely no respect. If you get lucky you will have awesome coworkers like I did but management and district is a joke.
Pros
Spirit Weeks
Cons
No consideration
H&M is a fast paced, customer focussed environment which is still made enjoyable thanks to the staff. Structured working days/weeks allow staff to plan their personal life too.
Fun relaxed atmosphere fab discount gets busy but yet not stressful On going online training Managers are very approachable Downside.... not regular shifts you will be working different days/shifts every week
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Irregular shifts
I got this job while I was working at dunkin’ donuts and from my first day, I felt more than welcomed. It’s a fast paced environment but your coworkers make it fun. Everyone there has a different personality and no one makes you feel like you don’t belong. The managers treat you like you’re at the same level as them, none the less which is so nice.
Pros
paid breaks for every shift
Cons
low hours
Everyone was so great and the working aspect was very easy. I was part time so no benefits but the discount was nice. It was super easy to learn everything and adjust.
So to start I got hired around November 2019 I was happy and excited to work for a company I always admired . Then after not being put in the location I applied for I had to settle for less nontheless I was happy almost to start. Minus the location being surrounded in lower life america . And their being no employee parking . Which didnt matter to my store management. I learned a lot working there but I wouldn’t say I gained a lot from working for this company. I was still living check to check even with picking up hours and asking tor full time . I interviewed twice for fulltime and didn’t get it . I asked for consistency in my schedule never got it . Working there in pandemic was certainly interesting since people come in and touched Everything. In conclusion I’d say this job isn’t for someone who wants a consistent lifestyle. You will work your butt off to no avail ifyou let the company. Its more of a younger energy job . My store became severely under staffed after our quarantine in which our traffic never slowed. It was and is taxing on the soul. A couple of the employees had gotten positives in which they paid us off so that was nice ai guess. Um I ended up starting to emotionally give up on my moral annd worth for the company and store I was at bc I felt like I was a shining star no one wouod acknoledge Although I was the first employee of the month . On top of becoming positive that same year, my grandmother dying and a pandemic my mental health has not been top notch thus hvaing many time and attendance infractions. I didn’t even realize until the manger pulled - more...
Pros
Pto, free food sometimes (holidays), wear any clothes, 25% discount
Cons
Consistency in schedule, Performance isn’t praised or rated or criticed or noticed often, on your feet
Always have something to do Slow paced environment gets busy during holiday events1 hour breaks and soWhat you get when you’re working a retail store
Pros
Relaxed
Great experience especially if you like dealing with clothes. It is located in the casino so there do tend to be some rowdy customers but managers do a great job handling the situation.
The job had stressful workloads and deadlines, but that's to be expected with any job. The team work there was great, ultimately up to who your co-workers are. The people higher up the ladder were helpful. The worst part of the job had to have been the entitled customers and their disrespectful behavior / attitudes. However, this is customer service and that should be expected.
I would not recommend working here. It is an awful environment always management team, awful pay. No support what’s so ever. Ridiculous hours all together just a bad company to work for.
My coworkers were kind and helpful. The manager was great. She portrayed leadership and confidence. Furthermore, they aid in learning more about the job, and teach aspects that will help one get a job as a visual or CSM.
Great place to get started but if you want more out of your career, you’ll probably get bored. H&M is very much governed by a specific set of rules and very little creative freedom. They do not value experience and knowledge. Your expertise is of no consequence because their culture is so specific.
Pros
Competitive pay, benefits are amazing, paid day off for birthday, opportunities to earn bonus
Cons
No freedom to think for yourself, ideas that are outside the box are constantly shot down, they say they admire diverse thinkers but as long as you fit in their box
Easy to get along with everyone working there, including management. if you work good and efficiently it is very easy to move up into the company. Fun and collaborative place of work.
they have a really simple but effective way of narrowing down their shortlist to find a really good candidate, they are very nice and respectful and the interview is very laid back and chill, it’s a group activity and they’ll ask you to solve some problems in scenarios
I started part-time at the Wellington location and got promoted to full-time at the Boynton location within 6 months. It’s super easy to move up especially if you show interest, they take training new hires very seriously. The pay is not the best so if you have crazy bills I wouldn’t recommend working here. They have good benefits (only for full-time) and they employee discount is AMAZING! As for hours they limit full-time to only 35 hours a week, they have shift starting as early as 6 am and as late as 2 am. Another downside there was ALOT of drama.
I absolutely loved working at H&M. It’s the perfect job for students. Really well run and the management are so lovely. Would love to go back. I had loads of friends there and it was a real team effort every day.
Pros
Team work, fast pace, always busy
Cons
No cons.
You got to be very strong and fast mentally and physically. The job demand you to multitask alot. Basically you are the cashier, runner, messy tidy person, everything. always have to be fast.
Pros
Awesome break room, toilet inside break room
Cons
slow sale store have lest staff, alot of places to cover. fitting room, cashier, salesfloor. hectic. management sucks at communicating
The work place culture was fun and young. There was different age groups working with me, from an eighteen year old that just graduated high school to an elderly lady. Everyone at HM were friendly and felt like family. If you didn't understand the task you needed to do that day the management would clarify exactly what is needed to get done. Co workers soon became friends, so the environment at work was fun. I love talking to people so i would always engage with customers that would enter the store and greet them with high energy. Working in retail i learned a few things, patience, great customer service, multi task, and cash register handling. but the most important thing is making sure a customer is getting treated with a good experience overall.
It was a great opportunity for me to learn about the customer service industry and to be a part of an encouraging team, it was more than just a job. It was a learning journey.
Extremely busy, fast paced, never ending lists of tasks to do, friendly staff, good benefits, transportation claimable for overtime shifts. Overalll good experience
I love the friendly and accepting culture H&M provides for its employees. They create a fun and talent heavy environment to work in, I feel like a person working here.
  1. Retail Sales Associate