H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

If you're trying to work here and go to school just don't waste your time. Very unreliable and schedule you on days you request off for school purposes. Absolutely no respect. If you get lucky you will have awesome coworkers like I did but management and district is a joke.
Pros
Spirit Weeks
Cons
No consideration
Learned about the day in day out fashion and what customers want and would feel comfortable in, also learned how to floor plans and set clothings up for stylist
Everything was great. The environment was family like and the location was more than convenient in terms of public transportation. Management was great and very flexible too.
they barely gave me hours. i was told i was going to be on the floor as a sales associate but they kept me in the back working stock and retail. the managers didnt train me an employee did and she had me do all the work she didnt feel like doing.
Our typical day at H&M was really fast paced , we used to do multiple tasks, the store was always full. But ive learned a lot and mostly of my communications skills I got them from there.
The best experience of my life. I love my job experience as a retailer and my manager we're awesome. My hours were flexible and my coworkers they were great
it is hard to balance both college and work at the same time due to uneven hours and they change my rota a lot, they change the days and time that i work without asking me, so sometimes if i have plans to finish college assignments etc i have t change the time and day and its very stressful whereas if i had set hours like my last job i wouldn't have this problem. i'm sure others enjoy the work environment etc however i find it stressful and not as helpful as i would hope, in my personal opinion i don;t think it is a very professional environment for me personally, so i would like to change jobs soon.
If you are looking for a sales experience, then go for it. But if you are looking for something you want to develop your career here? It's not a good place. Terrible paycheque. Just a minimum salary and no commission. They will never arrange shifts that are over 8 hours because they don't want to pay you overtime. So if you get 9 hours shift you will get a 1-hour break. Management is poor. They always hire new people but they won't give away more than 2 days shift a week for an old part-time employee.
Pros
Young workmates
Cons
Low salary, no benefit, poor management
There is always something to do. It is very productive as it makes you feel like your needed at all times. There is always something different to do to help out.
Fast paced job, stressful at times, and the manager we had was hired in from the outside of the company and didn’t know how to run things once he got there. Made the work environment very unsettling, and he was very pushy and overbearing at times. There was no room for advancement at this location.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
Since this was my second job in retail, I was able to start off with a good kick but became a bit difficult since I was now working in a more populated area with far more younger customers. None the less, I was able to manage my work ethic and became even more professional at retail.
Managers quit consistently or step down from their positions because of corporate making their jobs impossible to do. They hire people that call out consistently and the work load falls on the associates that regularly get their work done. They will refuse to let anyone leave the store until the whole store is clean.
I cant speak for every branch of H&M, and I hope they are not all the same, but the management in the store i work for have a tenancy to be very difficult and make things for the full time staff very tough. I have also found that how they interact with staff is based on how much they like and get on with them. Even though this doesn't apply to all management, most of the higher staff are like this
Pros
The day to day tasks aren't difficult
Cons
Not enough appreciation is shown to harder workers
Working there was not a sweat. Only thing I could say bad was the other works not coming in and not getting to trouble over favoritisms. Other than that individually it’s a snag.
In my experience, this job is a part time job. Training was good, co-workers are fun and great and the store discounts were nice. Though, there is a lot of work to do on your average day and if the team is under-staffed (was v. common at my location due to overturning employment) you will find yourself working twice as hard. "Grow" program does drive an incentive to move up within the company but only within the store such as visual/supervisor. Finding HR and other corporate/office positions were non-existent at my location. Management will be very strict with time and having your tasks finished within a deadline such as closing the store. There was a lot of things that would back you up for a week or two at a time such as broken registers which could take upwards of 2 weeks or 3 at my location to fix which you had to find ways to work around. Could get stressful during shopping seasons.
Overall I loved working for H&M, the floor staff where always looking out for one another, the pay was good (for part-time work) and overall a positive atmosphere in the store in which I worked. However the management weren't very helpful with staff. They didn't manage us very well and where difficult at organise shifts equally and fairly. The training I received was long and drawn out which I felt could have been completed earlier in my time at the company.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Cool job for a teen just graduating high school or going to college ! Managers are cool , but tend to make some people not in there group of friends feel like outcasts
I had great trainors, some of the managers were a little rude, one manager really made a positive impact in my life. I had really nice coworkers, many peoplehad an overall nice experience. Didnt enjoy the amount of theft. Would have preferred training to be different
I’ve worked at H&M for almost 2 years full time, it was fine at the start and pretty fun but that soon goes away once you’re trusted to be left alone on the floor. There’s been so many days that you’re alone on a floor from 9am - 12:30pm, and if it’s a manager who starts at 12:30pm you can guarantee that they have ‘work’ to do upstairs for at least an hour when they start. Favouritism is a huge thing and some managers will only like you if you suck up to them constantly and make them look good to store management/area team. Being a sales assistant should be a pretty easy going job but it’s constant stress stress stress and everything that goes wrong is always our fault. Honestly just apply somewhere else
Pros
Good discount, decent pay if you’re under 21, hour lunch and 20 minute break for full day shifts
Cons
Rarely have weekends off, poor management, no real training, favourites
Personally, I have really enjoyed my time in the company, though it can get tedious and repetitive. The lunch breaks are great and management is better than my prior job.
Pros
Lunch breaks are great
Cons
Long hours sometimes, lack of personal life.
I was a seasonal associate at H&M and that was all I needed. At H&M everything is chaos. Management is awful and do not care about their employees. My shifts were always ridiculously long and left me in physical agony at the end of every shift.
Benefits
Cons
Management, hours, environment
  1. Retail Sales Associate