H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

If you're trying to work here and go to school just don't waste your time. Very unreliable and schedule you on days you request off for school purposes. Absolutely no respect. If you get lucky you will have awesome coworkers like I did but management and district is a joke.
Pros
Spirit Weeks
Cons
No consideration
They dont want to see you move forward. The company as a whole is a joke they preach express yourself within clothing but force you to wear there clothes. The management is horrible and they choose favorites.
1. Greeting customer 2. Be polite 3. Be responsable. 4. Operating cash registers. 5.Directing customer to merchandise 6. Welcome and greet customer as they enter the store.
My role included receiving incoming calls as a customer care agent, placing calls for marketing and sales representative, managing call logs for frequent callers etc. My role as a Sales Associate included assisting shop manager in sorting, moving and replenishing stock, give each customer individual attention by taking them to the relevant aisles, reporting to the store manager about low stock of any good in a section on the floor etc. As a Team Member, my role was to attend to the customers personally to ensure that the customer finds a right product of the desired brand, managing, moving and arranging of stock, handling cash and card transactions etc.
For part timers we are able to choose our working hours. I have learn how to communicate with customers, restock new clothing or any new items and cashiering. It was fun working wih my collegues and the managers were understanding too. There's no hard times when working in H&M but the most enjoyable part of the job is when we get make new friends and all of the people there are very friendly.
Pros
Able to choose working hours for Part Timers.
Cons
Great Team Work Motivating Inspiring Fun Atmosphere real great insight intofashion industry and whats new this season, Managemet was very cool relaxed and motivating with workers
Working for hnm is good, if you are a college student and are looking for a relaxed job where you dont have to be stressed all day. I do get busy sometimes, but still it is not as stressful as compared to other retail jobs.
Great people to work with and terrible management. The first month was amazing and then it went completely downhill. Management are mean and often break HR rules.
Pros
Nice lunches sometimes and great people to work with
Cons
Terrible Management
DAILY taskes , clearing Clothing rails and tidying up and serving customers. The most Enjoyable part of the job , is fact that get you help customer with fashion questions and advice.
Pros
Experience in Fashion
Cons
Long Hours
This job is really easy, you fold clothes, clean areas and follow orders. If you enjoy being a yes man or woman, following orders and being a warm body then this is easy. I was told there’s room for advancement at h&m and I have yet to see it. I have had other employees talk about how they’ve been at the location for years and have yet to have any advancement.
Pros
Friendly environment, usually in great locations
Cons
Short breaks, no room for advancement, poor management at some locations, no commitment to their open door policy
They Paid a nice amount, I would still work there if didn’t relocate. But I had to do what I had to. Hopefully I find another job similar to that one.
You have to be on time & Good with customers , Have patience some customers is rude but if you a people person you'll do good I acuatlly liked the job
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Currently been there since Sept 2018, I thoroughly enjoy it, managers and staff are very friendly. Very eventful workplace which enables you to pick up things quickly.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
It was a good job to had. However, its time for me to move on and do better things. The work pace is slow but fast at times. This depends on the time of day
My day at work went by extremely quickly there was always something to keep me busy and if not me and my fellow colleagues will spend the aquired time to make the shop more inviting and facilitating the access for the costumers. I learned a great deal of skills which till this day still help me,I was able to learn to communicate clearly with costumers to listen to their dilemma and find a solution. Hardest part of my job could’ve been possibly the initial part into my assigned job,as being totally new to it I struggled however I was given help and gradually got the hang of it. I will not go around the honest fact that sincerely the most enjoyable part of my job was my break and the communication with the costumers, hearing different things daily was incredible Overall I’m extremely grateful to this company for all they’ve contributet,into giving me this immense experience
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Excessive work
love working their, really challenging tasks and competitive. Loved coming to work with people fro different cultures and backgrounds. Dealing with Fashion was one of my strong suites so it blended well with the job.
fun environment, managers were very helpful as well as understanding and give you all the tools you need to succeed. easy to move up in the company as well.
My whole experience there was just unpleasant. Rude manager, rude employess. I felt No sense of respect from the people there. The hours were few and I was not able to survive with that kind of pay.
Pros
It is a Job
Cons
Unpleasant manger
Overall working in H&M it was an amazing experience when trying to get out of my comfort zone. It had helped me come out of my shell and become more of a peoples person. Non the less I am able to work along side other individals better because of this job.
Pros
Good management
Cons
short staffed
working at h&m overall is a bad experience. although their were benefits, their were also cons. you had to work overtime without a say so, and your shifts are long.
Pros
ok salary, paid every 2 weeks
Cons
long shifts, alot of overtime
It’s a great first job for those who wanna work on there customers service , also work with others like other co workers. It’s different every day witch is nice , so if you have a bad day don’t sweat it , the next day is always different , your always learning something new & staying on top with the new trends .
Pros
It’s a fun work environment !
  1. Retail Sales Associate