H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

If you're trying to work here and go to school just don't waste your time. Very unreliable and schedule you on days you request off for school purposes. Absolutely no respect. If you get lucky you will have awesome coworkers like I did but management and district is a joke.
Pros
Spirit Weeks
Cons
No consideration
The staff are very friendly including the managers. I get to communicate with new people and gain new experience. The hardest part of the job is maintaining customer service even when many customers have showed us attitude and ignore us.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Busy retail shop
Manager was very charismatic extra hours given very good very good maintenance thank you power clean up crew a little bit of a rodent problem but overall.
Pros
Good customer service
Cons
Short lunch breaks
it is a very repetitive job that has you doing the same tasks each day. They are, however, a fair employer, willing to give a chance to new staff, no matter how inexperienced they may be.
Overall H&M has a great working and diverse environment . It can be stressful with a lot going on at one time. The traffic is very heavy during the weekend but it’s a great team and you can depend on them
Management was pretty poor. This was the general consensus between all staff. This meant that the general mood at work was often low as a result of this.
the managers are helpful and the benefits of working here is good as you get discounts and amazing fashion in store, also lovely and helpful co-workers.
Pros
25% off clothes
Cons
The management was experienced and professional. Very nice people and happy environment in the store most customers are kind and interesting, coworkers are very supportive!
Pros
free food on holidays
Cons
sketchy area
Great Benefits, very open minded culture and environment. Room to grow in the business . Only unfortunate thing is during the Spring, if you are a part timer, hours are very poor.
the managers are nice and helpful, so it the rest of the staff. My store location was very busy and so you had to be fast paced. Costumers can be very mean sometimes.
Pros
30 or 1 hour lunch break
As the management team shifted the atmosphere of the store went downhill. However, the work is easy. The customers in greentree mall are horrible but in retail, they usually are.
Fun job having left school, Money was terrible but my colleagues were great. Mangers don't seem like fun when you're 18, but maybe they were ok really.
not much hours to make ends meet with my family. said I would become full time I never saw more then 27 hours a week . co workers were great and ethic of performance was amazing
Usually, the working style in H&M is basically tidying the floor and rearranging the clothes. Also, at the same time, to be able to help customers when they need help. Sometimes, we will also be placed in the fitting room to control the amount of items that the customers are trying on. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is customers who are very hard to talk to due to language barrier - usually with the foreigners. But the most enjoyable part is basically to be able to mix around with very fun and open-minded colleagues.
Before we open the doors for the customers to come in, we are assigned to different parts of the department, like "Everyday wear", "accessories", "work wear" etc. After being assigned, we had to hang new items on the hangers and restock it to the desired place. I learnt how to assign customers to the fitting rooms, collecting back the clothes after they tried on that they didn't want and tidying the fitting rooms. Learnt how to work the cashier for the first time. What was the hardest part, was difficult customers. Here is one of the experience I had. Sometimes, there will be a lot of people in the fitting room and just nice, you're the only one among your co-workers. A customer would ask you to take another piece of clothing or another size as they want to reserve their fitting room, while you are busy folding or putting back the clothes. We are not supposed to leave the fitting room, so I use the walkie talkie for other co-workers to help that customer. Most enjoyable? Team work. When you and your co-worker finish the job together.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Some bad co-workers
I enjoyed working at H&M very much I would happily work there again however the hours of work were not compatible to my college hours so I could not work there anymore. I was satisfied overall with the experience of the job.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
a typical days of work is fun and enjoy,i learn a lot about customer service and teamwork,the management also have a good response to employee and good character
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
The salary at H&M alone isn't enough to live on your own. Being a sales associate requires you to be flexible with your schedule. The hours aren't guaranteed at all. One week you can work 30 and the next 15 hours. Hours depends on management.
Pros
pto and sick days can be earned as you work
Cons
hours, management
I personally had a terrible experience working for H&M and so did many of my coworkers. Maybe that comes as part of working for such a large corporation but if you start as a retail associate then you are of no value to them, you are disposable. Your needs are rarely considered and if you pose a challenge, you will be terminated as I have seen several times.
H&M has definitely been my favourite company to work for, if we were to hit our weekly target we would get a £5 lunch voucher or our manager would go and do a big food shop for us all i would definitely recommend and would 100% go back.
the managers were very nice but the people who work there arent the most fun to talk to. though you are underpaid for the amount of work you do, there usually is free food if theres an occasion
Pros
lots of free food
Cons
underpaid for amount of work you do
  1. Retail Sales Associate