H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

If you're trying to work here and go to school just don't waste your time. Very unreliable and schedule you on days you request off for school purposes. Absolutely no respect. If you get lucky you will have awesome coworkers like I did but management and district is a joke.
Pros
Spirit Weeks
Cons
No consideration
H&M was a great job. Typically we spent majority of our time helping customer's find the right clothing to buy. This may seem simple but i learned great customer service skills working with this company. They taught me that we are working to satisfy our customers and also how to be consistent. The culture of the workplace was amazing as they were inviting to all, everyone felt at home. The hardest part of the job was that i worked at one of the main locations and it would get packed which meant i would be putting up clothes for hours (sometimes a full 8 hr shift). Even still there were great times; the most enjoyable part of the job was our events and the love the management proposed to our team.
Pros
great pay, exciting work environment, free lunches
Cons
unorganized
H&M is a very fun and relaxed work place. customer service always tend to be the main focus and management is always very attentive and understanding.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
can be a bit boring
I chose to work in H&M for work experience when I was in year ten. I learned quickly that being a sales assistant was not for me. I was treated unfairly by my boss and was made me to perform hours of mind numbing folding and tidying for hours.
Job was stressful and to much to do at once. They never had what I needed to work ,never paper or pens any supplies . A typical work day was horrible, all workers was bad and management was mean all the time .
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Cons of the was just to have a job.
Take part in events,work for higher goals than just for the money When I started working I was like a robot cling on time doing my duties and going home when I finishe. One day I was needed to stay for longer so I agreed to stay and from that day I was more productive, I built self confidence and it was so fun being there and precipitating more that just folding clothes
You will find a lot of fun from heaps of funny people of your team. Good shift and roster for everyone. The manager is so open mind and easy as your friends
everyone worked at a fast pace even in the mornings when we would have to start at 6am we still got the job done. helped each other so we could get the job done. store manager is so awesome gets along with everyone!
Although retail can be quite the stresser, I really enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the objective of the H&M company which really takes care of its employees first.
Fun workplace, pretty organised. Don't allow shift changes without almost a ridiculous level of validity. Only mainly give 4 hour shifts so no breaks. Not much overtime allowed.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Not much overtime
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
This is a good job starter job for young people. It is very high pace and has a lot of changes. This job has taught me to have patience and work with others with different abilities. I learned to help others and strengthen my interpersonal skills. I wish that the management would have handled a lot of issues differently.
Pros
learning to work with people
Cons
management, lack of training
Working at H&M was a great and fun experience for me i learned so many new ideas and gained my skills i was always a fast worker dealing with customers and doing other stuff for my manger. I kept clothing areas clean after customers i greeted them so well and respectful.
Pros
2-4 days off
Cons
short breaks
H&M is an amazing place to work because it allowed me to be creative with my ideas. I was able to implement those ideas on the sales floor to promote the company. It gave it free range to help out customers find their sense of fashion. I was able to stay up to date with all the latest trends. Gaining great communication skills while perfecting my customer service skills!
Pros
Discount, admission to events & many benefits.
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, hours.
Working at H&M showed me the speed of a retail position. It allowed me to visualize the competitive nature of each retail store and maximize my ability to push myself in order to keep up with the level of speed the store was moving
Wanted to mork more time, but unfortunately had to relocate. Workplace was easily manageable and was always on daily tasks. Motivated to promote business items toward interested individuals.
Pros
Fixed schedules.
Cons
The job required me to work from 6am to 4pm in the afternoon for consecutive days. Despite the long and early hours, the workplace catered to our food needs, providing breakfast and lunch and necessary breaks making the job far more enjoyable and worthwhile.
H&M at clearwater mall had a fun and energetic atmosphere. they treat their staff very well. I met alot of people and learned alot. there was good support from emplyers
Pros
lunch time
Cons
This is a great retail place to work at. They pay quite well for sales associates. Most of the managers are supportive, friendly and approachable. The culture is very focused on team work.
Pros
strategic location
Cons
short lunch time
H&M is a fast paced environment and employees must be willing to work hard. The turnover at this job can be difficult with new employees entering constantly. Management could be more attentive to employees needs.
Engaging with a variation of customers was always fun and made sure that the job never grew stale. Perhaps the best thing was the othe rmembers of staff, some of which I grew quite close with.
Pros
Huge discounts
Cons
early mornign delivery shift!
It was a great place to work. There was plenty of fun and cool people that worked there, as well as the managers. The discount is also amazing because you get first pick to which items you want before they are placed out for purchase.
Pros
discounts
  1. Retail Sales Associate