H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,241 reviews
H&M is a diversified company, in which I am able to meet colleagues from all walks of life. This provided me a precious chance to get along with different people, thus broadening my horizons. In addition, the flexible working hours provided by the company enables me to strike a balance between work and life.
Pros
Flexible working hours
The company good was good and has its benefits and a good working environment with benefits and good management and the collegues are excellent team players.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
if you're into fashion and fabrics, you can work here for a long period and target your goals in the company, overall was fun, have to be strong physically and mental, cause working in retail can be real toxic (the only cons that i can think of) if you're looking for healthy ambiance in workplace then maybe not retail. but still, worth to try for experience :) my 2cents.
I had fun with my coworkers! I learned a lot and was able to always ask questions and receive feedback! Loved going into work and being able to learn something new!
The work life balance is minimal as we have a 7 day week so we have to work weekends, they do not follow federal holidays and only have about 5 holidays/yr. Even those aren't guaranteed off on that day but are scheduled during or around the week of the holiday as we operate all year round (including Easter which is not an observed holiday).
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
poorly managed, elite culture in upper management, they do not follow their values at all.
it’s a good & easy place to work at while in school. However chances for a promotion are very slim. Don’t recommend this job as a long term job. fair work place
This is a perfect job for students. Management was supportive. I had pretty flexible schedule. It is a busy work environment so there is always something to do.
Pros
Great coworkers/ easy job/ health insurance covers everything/flexible schedule
Cons
Really get tired at the end of the day/ back ache
In my 11 years working here I have done and achieved a bunch of life skills. I was lucky enough to join in the prime of expansion but that did not last very long. For me, the going places and opening new stores in different markets, cities and states were the best thing along with the benefits. Unfortunately this great opportunity did not last long and turned into a “ favorites first “ kind of thing. The expansion experience became obsolete after a few years due to over saturation in the markets. Working in a store is very bittersweet because your coworkers becomes family like but there isn’t many opportunities for growth. Although I am one of the many people who has seen the best of this company, not a lot of people could say the same. The workload is very demanding and you are usually over compensated financially for every position but each role has hidden responsibilities that I feel is outside of the compensation. In order to be full time you literally have to have no life because your availability MUST be 100% open meaning your schedule is never the same. Management opportunities are far and free unless someone in the higher ups likes you enough for you to advance. I have also learned that all is takes is 1 bad incident to ruin your reputation and opportunity for growth. People are constantly looked over and taken advantage of, if you’re good at something chances are they will have you stuck doing that for too long and once you voice your concern about it, you’re viewed as a person complaining. This company is far too big globally to be tan and operated in such way. The - more...
Pros
Benefits, pay, relocating jobs is very easy, family like in store teams
Cons
No Work life balance, very little growth, not enough pay in higher positions for workload expectation, district and regional teams are out of touch with reality, EVERY store is held to the same standard
grfeat place to work. all of the staff are very and help a lot. I really hope they stay this was because there is opportunity everywhere you look... defentinty is great
I worked for this company for 5 years and every store/district team is a mess. Underqualified people running the business and no real work life balance. No clear expectations and absolutely no resources or support in store to accomplish daily tasks.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Toxic work culture. Poor work life balance.
Volete un riassunto? Se sei un lecchino allora questo è il posto giusto per te!Ti trattano come uno schiavo, devi fare 350 cose in una volta mentre i managers (si perché ce ne devono essere più di 6 per un micro-negozio) se lo grattano nell'ufficio e chattano su WhatsApp.I colleghi competitivissimi mica che gli rubi sto lavoro da morti di fame, come se fosse il mio sogno lavorare per H&M!Esperienza pessima, terrorismo psicologico e formazione a dir poco scadente.
Pros
Buoni pasto
Cons
Tutto il resto
Great place to work just no hours for part time like 7-15.5 hours. Usually for smaller locations there is only one full time position and no chance to move up u less somebody quits or you relocate. This is a great job for a student but if you are trying to have a career I’d suggest a bigger city it’s do able with another job if you are part time. Great discounts
Pros
Great discounts, freedom to wear whatever within dress code
Cons
No hours
Major major favoritism. I was a decent worker and always picked up shifts for people and was customer service friendly but got treated like terribly by management because I didn't "fit the look". Always favor people based on style and always train them better with a manager. People they don't want but hire anyways always get "trained" by a non-manager for a day and then left on their own so it's easier to berate them over knowledge they don't know. Also the one I worked at always had safety hazards going on like overloading a non-freight elevator so much it gets stuck for 3 hours. Honestly don't even try applying here because management will literally do nothing to help you and will judge you based on how you dress and how attractive you are, I've seen this with MULTIPLE people not just me.
Pros
1 hour lunch if you work a certain amount of time
Cons
Terrible management and obvious favoritism
I've never worked in a shop like that one before and it taught me a lot and was fun and fast paced I enjoyed it a lot and would work for them again anytime good bosses
Pros
Fast pace makes the days short
Cons
I really didnt think i have any cons to say
a typical day consist of helping customers find items, keeping the floor stocked and organized and ringing up customers. Holiday season can be intense. the pay is terrible
Pros
fun work environment, discount on clothes
Cons
short staffed, long work hours, bad pay
a typical day involves jumping on the till for hours on end, cleaning up after messy and lazy customers. Also processing garments in the stock room if you come in the morning. You might have to go in and control the fitting room for abit and lastly, putting clothes back in the right places.. alongside answering questions from customers.
Pros
nice colleagues, interview wasn't that difficult, easy rotor to follow, holiday pay
Cons
unsupportive management most of the time, heavy favouritism from management, lack of staff means work overload for others, staying over an hour after you were actually meant to finish
First of all the whole company is based around team orientation, which lightens the staff body's moral entirely .This helps with making sure the entire store stays above the District Manager, as well as, the Store Directors Goals for every single department. Which is usually somewhere close to 85% per department, and also store sales. After that it would have to be the overall well roundedness in every individuals skill set level within each department, due to the exceptional Hennes & Mauritz handbook, learning, and training process. While the Trainers continuously remind the new team members during the training videos, and store walk throughs that, "It is more than acceptable to ask any type of questions no matter how they may seem to oneself that they may have; are holding, or are hiding, whether it be for pride, ego, or fear of sounding incompetent." The Supervisors, as well as, the Management Team do a very awesome job of reinforcing the concept of letting new team members know to be themselves, and frequently tell new members that letting out your questions from the beginning is a good way to start. Rather than holding them back for when the new team member is faced with an incident with a guest questioning them on the exact same query that originally during the first new member walk throughs. The upper management constantly reminds fairly new team members that if this case were to actually happen, simply having the vulnerability to have asked the question alongside of all of the new team members would have enlightened the others who were being shy at the same time during - more...
Pros
The Management always had incentives whether we met goal or not, donuts, lunches, an extension on holding some garments for us employees us. It was an awesome workplace.
Cons
Closing Time everybody leaves when the final department is clean, but that is also a pro because it added to our growth and team bonding.
Typical day at work would be different depending on the time of day. It was rarely boring. Depending on which location you work at, training can be very good or very bad.
Pros
Fun work, decent hours
se non vuoi fare carriera, o non vuoi avere vita privata, se ti piace lavorare in qualsiasi fascia oraria, e ti piace il cambio turno all'ultimo (senza manco richiederti se sei disponibile), questo è il posto giusto per te. superficialità all'ordine del giorno.poca, poca, veramente poca serietà. che delusione.
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
tutto il resto
Decent pay. Good for college students and people that need some extra cash. Management is okay. Needs to work on communicating more with employees. Closing shifts can be overwhelming during holiday season.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work schedule is awful, working in the Customer Service centre is so bad! The hours are awful and hard to keep a social life. The management always say they are there to help but really don’t care about the staff and don’t hesitate to fire anyone. They Preach how great they are with mental health but when someone is struggling with their mental health they seem to be belittled and told that everyone has their problem and basically told they need to suck it up.
Pros
Based in the city centre
  1. Employee Reviews