H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,241 reviews
H&M is a diversified company, in which I am able to meet colleagues from all walks of life. This provided me a precious chance to get along with different people, thus broadening my horizons. In addition, the flexible working hours provided by the company enables me to strike a balance between work and life.
Pros
Flexible working hours
H&M as a company is great, but the location I worked at was horrible. The work itself was easy, but you will need to work past your scheduled time. I have had shifts that end at 11p and have left at almost 2a. So beware if you don't want extra hours. The workplace environment itself was just terrible. Management was very disrespectful at times and the store manager was very condescending and would be petty to fire people if he did not like them. Also because most of the employees are on the younger side there would be a lot of drama and gossip at all times. When I first start it was a positive experience, but the store manager fired a lot of the managers that cared about employees, and new management show favoritism with employees. Also, this is not a job to get if you want to move up. Many people have been trained for management and will perform management duties at minimum wage and will never move up. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
long breaks, some great people, and easy work
Cons
management and environment
Management make good money, but overall the company is headed down hill. Not focused on safety of the staff with covid. They have cut hours to the point where you don't have enough coverage for the customers and to keep the business running. Head office is trying to save on salary costs by finding ways to cut the senior management and re hire for a lower salary. Not much support from the area team to help with any situation they just let you flounder and write anybody up that acts up
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Long hours that go unpaid, Little support from area team, No coaching and mentoring once you re in upper management
Very fun place to work. Coworkers are super cool not any mess. They discount is awesome and you’re never bored cause you’re busy for the most part. They work with your school schedule and the benefits are killer
Pros
K cup machine, awesome pay, fun coworkers
Cons
Always on your feet
Closely knit and engaging work family which made coming to work very enjoyable! Management improved over time and became more approachable and flexible with hours, while keeping it professional. Pushes you to do better when they see room for growth and offered opportunities of moving up in the company!
Pros
Great work team, flexible hours, good hours
Me agrado mucho la experiencia, aprendi en poco tiempo gracias a la ayuda de todo el quipo.
Pros
Contratos indefinidos y por dias puntuales.
Cons
Los descansos son a partir de las 6 horas en adelante.
ambiente laboral muy colectivo, fluidez y Eficiencia
Very easy to move up in the company, great pay, and flexible. Everyone is very helpful, great managers. Training was very easy they don’t leave until you are comfortable with what you are doing.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Not a lot of hours sometimes
Going to work you can expect what to do. No raises are being offered through this time but company still expects 100%+ effort for no rewards. Just another corporate caring about themselves instead of their employees.
Pros
Covid-19 safe
Cons
No raises, feel like a robot
H&M was good as part time job but I would definitely not go back. The work environment was ok could be very stressful at times. The pay should definitely more for all of the work that is required.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay rate
очень хорошее руководство,удобная скидочная система для персонала,классная стафф-зона. корпоративная культура на высшем уровне,очень дружный коллектив. очень рекомендую для тех кто учится и ищет подработку
Fin da subito lo staff mi è stato d'aiuto per imparare tempistiche e metodi di lavoro e in poco più di due settimane riuscivo già a muovermi bene, il lavoro non è troppo difficile ma bisogna dare tantissima attenzione al cliente e al negozio, non bisogna mai star fermi e quando c'è poca clientela sopratutto il riordino degli ambienti e quanto di più utile si possa fare .
Pros
Buoni pasto, colleghi e manager
Cons
In certi casi le tempistiche erano un pò restrittive
Store manager sucked but the managers were amazing. We get horrible bosses because no one speaks up. My store manager should have been fired. Love everyone els tho
I would of enjoyed my time at work. In my opinion I had the worst manager. I was disrespected in front of my co-workers constantly so it made it hard for me to give my best work. I always did my job and I have no problem with criticism but when my manager belittles me all time during my first week on the job I can only tolerate so much. If your okay with this type of management then you’ll have a great time. I don’t think every H&M location will have a manager like this though
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Always opportunities to learn and advance with your peers. If you tell management that there is something you want to work on or develop knowledge in, they will do anything to make it happen.
Work itself is pretty standard retail affair, swapping around to different duties depending on how they scheduled you that day from cashiering to tidying the sales floor and engaging with customers. I do think that the company treats its workers really solidly overall, I'd say that it's probably the best entry level mall retail job that there is and most certainly the best one ive had. In my experience it is usually very organized, with people working with you to get what you need to know. I've been working with the company for over 3 years now and unfortunately despite making above min wage before covid, all sales advisors make min wage now and there are no bonuses wheras before we would get monthly bonuses to our pay depending on how well the store performed. so that sucks. Part timers do not get health insurance benefits or dental. Definitely room for advancement, in normal circumstances you discuss with your overhead team about where you might want to progress into the company every half year and I have known many people to have done so. My coworkers were great. The employee discount is pretty good too. If you're looking for a job that will pay you minimum wage max right now and with a decent workplace culture I would recommend here. The pay situation may improve by next year for sales advisors back to how it was before.
Pros
Employee discount, workplace culture, organized management, advancement opportunities
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees, minimum wage only for all sales advisors as of rn
There's nothing special about working here, other than it really isn't bad at all. I've worked at way worse places and had way worse management. They really encourage their employees to take breaks (they are actually enforced) even if you're doing a 5 hour shift. The work/life balance is great (at least at my location). My manager is always willing to work with my school schedule. Pay isn't amazing, but at least it's standardized company wide.
Pros
Coworkers are nice, company encourages you to learn the "ins and outs", communicative throughout COVID
Cons
$14/hour pay, mostly part time
Me encantó trabajar en hym y me gustaría trabajar de nuevo ,tienen un grupo de trabajo muy agradable y educado buen ambiente ,simpatía y educacion y sobre todo buena organización y velocidad al trabajar ,todo muy bien organizado tanto dentro de los almacenes como fuera en recepción o vestidores
Pros
Te dan siempre una hora para desayunar cosa que se agradece para quitar la fatiga
Geen duidelijke communicatie, slechte begeleiding. Geen welkome gevoel! Echt een verpeste werksfeer. Ik heb veel spijt voor mijj tijd en energie daar! Geen menselijke aanpak! Tip. Kijk goed waar je solliciteert!
Pros
Cons
Te veel!
Une journéé de travail dynamique. Bonne entente avec l'équipe.
They would be more successful in meeting quarterly goals if they listened more to their management staff, then what corporate members want. It was really frustrating that you would see your staff work hard all week on a project to better the business, just to see someone in home office coming in and not liking it and demanding changes. They didn't even care what the CUSTOMER wanted. They care more about what the ridiculous "pages call for" LOL. They need to understand retail is changing, and with that, company needs to change to. LISTEN to your workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
  1. Employee Reviews