H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

I liked working at H&M. I started as a casual employee and worked really hard to prove that I wanted to be there. I was quickly offered a full-time position. The only downside to it (if you like routine) is that the FT schedule rotates, so one week you do openings (7AM for my store) and the next week you do closing shifts. I was also being trained to become a visual merchandiser and learned so much from it!
Pros
Room to grow
Daily duties include tidying and maintaining the store floor, stock replenishing, customer service, cash management and stock process. Working with a team of sales assistants would be fun at times with a young and energetic team. Honestly, there were a lot of good times when i first started working at the company. However as a year went by, management had a drastic change and it all went sideways. Management seems to strip workers of their freedom to speak freely with coworkers whilst working, even a simple greeting to one another whilst performing our duties would be given a stern instruction from managers to get back to work. Managers like to exercise their authority to tell you to do pointless things just so that you would not be able to catch your breath. They provide feedback, however its seldom positive as they seem to harp on the minor negatives in your performance, this really makes you feel like your efforts have not been appreciated. I believe this may not be the case for every H&M branch, but this was my experience at the end of my position at the Melbourne GPO branch.
Tydliga och roliga arbetsuppgifter, fram氓tstr盲vande kollegor
H&m is a great company to get experience and learn the ropes of being a sales associate I would highly recommend working with the company as the opportunity to advance is great
Pros
Great team, fun team meetings, provided snacks
Cons
Just finished my Christmas Casual contract and must say, best work experience I've ever had, hands down. There was not one day where I wasn't excited to come into work. Definitely very fast paced and can get quite intense sometimes because it is such a fast retail sorta business, but the environment is great and the people I worked with made my experience so enjoyable. However, if you do have a temporary contract, or just in general, definitely make your best efforts to build a good relationship with your managers (especially department manager) from the get go, especially if you want to renew your contract once it ends.
Pros
Positive environment, great pay, best staff
Cons
Fast paced/intense
I was nice working at H&M. It was amazing to work there as my manager was friendly and took care about my university timing. I learned many things here
The job required me to work from 6am to 4pm in the afternoon for consecutive days. Despite the long and early hours, the workplace catered to our food needs, providing breakfast and lunch and necessary breaks making the job far more enjoyable and worthwhile.
Great if you enjoy a face paced work place. Just the managers arent the nicest of people. But the other staff are fun and nice people. the rotation for full time isnt great you only have 2 days off in a row every second week and the hours are really up and down so there is no way of having a normal sleep pattern.
Cons
start times, bad full time rotation, assistant manager rude
My days are fairly busy, often switching between tidying, clearing, and serving customers. My management is generally fairly respectful and considerate, though there have been some cases when they disregard the sales staff. They also make it difficult for the staff to plan things outside of work, as they refuse to give us scheduled shifts. The workplace environment is very welcoming and friendly. It was easy for me to make friends and get along with my boss. My coworkers are definitely the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job is 'relaxing'. The store is constantly busy, and it can become overwhelming. I've learned how floor tasks work, and I've quickly learned how to be more efficient in tidying my department.
Pros
Great staff and manager
Cons
Tend to be unorganised
Learnt a lot of skills there due to it's fast-paced nature, and opportunities for growth are always present. The most enjoyable part is working with a good team of people of all ages and having alot of flexibility there.
I was only a sales assistant, however i was responsible for numerous jobs. I was responsible for: -Jewellery in the Accessories department. -Visual Merchandising tasks in the Accessories department. -Maintaining the flagship standards throughout the Accessories department. I was trained by U.K. Support Staff members as i began working at H&M one month after its opening in Australia. The hardest part of my job was not the work itself but having to deal with certain colleagues and managers who discriminated against my religion. Many colleagues and managers were out for their own, and sought out to cause stress for other colleagues including myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was the responsibility my first department manager gave me. Being my first job, she placed a large amount of trust and faith in me to complete tasks that she believed i had the talent to do. Thanks to her, my confidence increased rapidly. I enjoyed working under her as she gave me numerous opportunities to succeed in my work and gave me the utmost credit for my work.