H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

It鈥檚 a fun place to work and meet great people from various backgrounds. There are too many employees so most days you鈥檙e doing boring task. There is a lot of favortism.
Pros
Flexibility, fun, great people
Cons
Pay, no advancement
management here is terrible, most have no education on business management/interpersonal relations. they absolutely take advantage of young people and international students here. this resulted in a few big workplace injuries, including one where a customer attacked an employee.
Good environment, a lot of difference roles to choose from, good benefits. Only drawback is that they have a so called system of employee development that is just to fill up HR files. If the company needs something done and you fit in there by chance then it is regarded as your development even it had nothing to do with what you wanted or what you had been working towards in collaboration with your Manager as part of your development.
benefits
Cons
low salary, fake development program
H&M has a competitive environment for employees. The job role, description and duties were clearly defined. The most enjoyable part was that senior managers and supervisors were always very positive and helpful. They provided a great environment for development and growth.
I worked here for 2.5 years, was constantly promised promotions and worked OT for them, never got them. I did a ridiculous amount of visual merchandising work for them for the entirety of my time there unpaid and uncompensated- I did this all on the promise that I would move up. When asked and suggested we put this in writing, I was ignored. If I didn't do the merchandising tasks assigned to me without pay, my hours suffered. I proved myself and worked hard consistently, but head office at this company is unorganized, disrespectful of your time, and Their slogan is Great Place to Work-untrue. A typical day at any H&M (not just my location) was being expected to do multiple things on multiple floors because we were constantly understaffed due to poor managerial planning. This seemed the case at every location in Toronto. I do not and would not EVER recommend anyone looking for work to apply here.
Cons
Terrible management
Working with co-workers is really fun but the working environment was very toxic. All the good managers are gone so now the management system has completely changed and is overly strict for no reason. Appreciation for hard work and working over-time (which is VERY common here) is never properly considered nor appreciated. Also asking for days off can be difficult cause the store is often short on staff so they scrutinize their employees to come in.
H&M is a great company to work for, don't get me wrong, working in a fast paced retail environment, having great colleagues, but there's one thing that I believe is a critical blow to the overall success of certain locations, it's that the managers are not all completely on the same pages when it comes to certain issues.
Management needs a serious revamp; aside from that, it is a fairly well-ranked place to work in my books. You meet some really great part-time sales advisors, who are like-minded like yourself, allowing for a better work experience
management are total scums, always adjust your schedule and give you minimum hours. Some people have to pay bills they should focus on not hiring so many people and limiting everyone's hours but theirs. Management is also very arrogant and sneaky. Would not recommend working here. Customers are really friendly though.
Working at H&M is what you would expect from a typical retail experience. The work can be fast paced but pretty straight forward so nothing too challenging.
Pros
Christmas gift cards and employee discounts
Cons
Sparse hours in the january months
Good workplace culture, fun work days and flexible hours. The training was sufficient and the general manager was always available to help. The only downside was obviously the wage
Very competitive company. Very group oriented where if you dont "fit in" count yourself out on any promotions or advancement. Hard work, going above and beyond and taking initiative in your own ideas hardly go noticed, again if you fit in with the higher management you will get promoted regardless of hard work.
I can improve my English and build up my customer service skils when I worked here. Additionally, team members are so friendly, they help me from the first day until now.
Challenging workplace always with difficult management through the years. Almost no opportunities for advancement. Poor pay and benefits. Long hours and challenging schedules.
the management and the whole team worked with each other. They believe in their employees and show that through training... The also pay a competitive wage!!!!
great benefits not great work life balance. They pay you just above the general wage for this job which does not equal out with all the over time you end up doing.
Working for H&M Canada is like living in a country run by Communist Party. Values and demands proudly painted on every wall, on every board, in every material. But these values and demands are never (absolutely never) followed by the country's or district's management. These values and demands are only use to punish employees and to block development of those who don't kiss up to the country's management. Daily bullying and harrassment from previous Canada's sales manager were fully blessed by all Human Resources clerks.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Bullying, harrassment, health and safety hazzards
Awesome company with rich history of Swedish design and culture. Depending on location can be very fast-paced or using creativity to keep busy. Some inconsistencies with type of Management - individually - but professional overall.
Pros
Christmas gifts
Cons
Hours can be cut pending sales
if you don't mind the stress of a fast paced clothing retailer then this job is good for you, a lot of stress especially in the holiday season but staff is great and there is a lot to learn.
working here is stressful. you have no life and have to leave the store one the whole store is closed and not ur floor. they'll do schedules in more then a month in advance and just messy with ur hours.
Pros
25 discount
Cons
long nights for closing team
Ok so i am writing stuff to meet your qualitiy guidelines. Should not make me do this to use this portion of your website. Not a good idea. Why are you making me write this.